Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get what? Tell me your great stance. It is part of the NFL rules that players stand for the National Anthem with their hand over their heart. It's NFL policy and a bunch of little bitches decided they'd break the rules to protest. Trump was right! Fire them. If my job told me to come in wearing a suit and tie and I walked into the office in my boxer shorts protesting some stupid thing Trump said, they would send me home, dock my pay and fine me. What gives these athletes the right to violate the corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years.

I'm not allowed to walk into work in my underwear either. I'd probably be sent home.

NFL GAMES- OPERATION MANUAL

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

SHOULD. Not must.

And all the bills players were on the field during the anthem. The steelers and other teams didn't even make it to the "should" part.

Edited by The Wiz

Their company(NFL) has no policy in place that says they have to stand during the anthem with their hands on their heart and speaking/singing the words. Show me where it does and you have my support in firing all of them.

A friend texted me to say they read on his local radio the exact requirements....and they are required to stand, hold their helmet in their left hand and be quiet during the anthem. I don't know that to be a fact. As always, what's in writing can be the rule. I think the owners are being soft if that's the case. I'm am ALL for equality, but this is a blemish on the brand. Sorry. Free speech is on your own time, not on center stage at work. Flame away if you wish.....

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Key word is should. They are not required to do so and it's nowhere in the NFL rule book.

SHOULD

I actually agree with Jerry Hughes after listening to his interview. I don't see any reason why he should have just inserted himself on the field and yell at the players when he wasn't even there for their meeting to know what was going on.

That doesn't mean I don't fully support Kelly's right to free speech, because I do.

But the players also had every right to peacefully protest Trump's nasty comments calling them SOB's and I support them 100%.

This is a man (Trump) that refused to willingly condemn a bunch of racist white supremacists and nazi sympathizers in what turned into a violent protest that killed and injured people in Charlottesville. It took him days of being shamed into it to finally condemn them, and even then he walked back his remarks after he did.

Yet he had zero issue condemning a bunch of guys peacefully taking a knee.

get what? Tell me your great stance. It is part of the NFL rules that players stand for the National Anthem with their hand over their heart. It's NFL policy and a bunch of little bitches decided they'd break the rules to protest. Trump was right! Fire them. If my job told me to come in wearing a suit and tie and I walked into the office in my boxer shorts protesting some stupid thing Trump said, they would send me home, dock my pay and fine me. What gives these athletes the right to violate the corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years.

WTF are you saying? I don't think you know squat. But a link on the "corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years" would be a good read.

...EXACTLY....let them establish their own identity.......Kelly's yap only degrades HIMSELF......who and where was HIS ownership group (COUGH)?......Grandma said, "better seen and not heard sonny".................

Exactly why you have been one of my fav posters for years!!... GRANDMA KNOWS BEST!!!

Is this a normal thing throughout the rest of the league?

edit: legacy players on the sidelines

I believe so. If I remember correctly Jeff Fisher and Eric Dickerson got into a bit of a tiff and Fisher wasn't going to allow him on the sideline or something along those lines.

SHOULD. Not must.

And all the bills players were on the field during the anthem. The steelers and other teams didn't even make it to the "should" part.

That's the problem with America these days. People don't want to do what they SHOULD do. We should have respect for our country. And the company that pays me millions of dollars to play a kids game should warrant my respect. The "SOB's are blessed to be part of the USA. Let's see how well they would do in the Middle East or India or a hundred other third world countries that would give anything for a tenth of the freedom, the opportunity and the life that the USA provides to its citizens.

What if the protests lead to a better country in 5-10 years? Won't everyone be happy? Or are we pissed some guys kneeled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the protests exacerbate the divisions in our country. Isn’t that just as likely?

A friend texted me to say they read on his local radio the exact requirements....and they are required to stand, hold their helmet in their left hand and be quiet during the anthem. I don't know that to be a fact. As always, what's in writing can be the rule. I think the owners are being soft if that's the case. I'm am ALL for equality, but this is a blemish on the brand. Sorry. Free speech is on your own time, not on center stage at work. Flame away if you wish.....

I'm gonna flame for 2 things.

Read on his local radio? How to you read audio?

Don't most people put their right hand on their heart? I'm a lefty and have never even considered using my left to cover my heart for the anthem.

Other than that. From what the thurminator has said the wording is "should" which means you aren't required. I "should" show up on time for work and "should" quit smoking and "should" find a more positive thread to comment on but.... yea. I don't have to.

What if the protests lead to a better country in 5-10 years? Won't everyone be happy? Or are we pissed some guys kneeled?

Almost anything that makes us a better country is great, but I don't see how this has any real life impact in any way. I wish I could see that. I really do.

That's the problem with America these days. People don't want to do what they SHOULD do. We should have respect for our country. And the company that pays me millions of dollars to play a kids game should warrant my respect. The "SOB's are blessed to be part of the USA. Let's see how well they would do in the Middle East or India or a hundred other third world countries that would give anything for a tenth of the freedom, the opportunity and the life that the USA provides to its citizens.

They should do as the Constitution allows and they are. The Country was founded on protest and it wasn't peaceful as these demonstrations are.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You are reading to deep into this. You have some very fine people on both sides.

Yes. Standing up and holding your hand over your heart is going to change everything over in the middle east, end hunger and bring world peace. It's about as useful as someone on facebook saying "sending our prayers".

AGAIN!!!!!!

They are protesting the president, not the Flag or the vets.

I'm gonna flame for 2 things.

Read on his local radio? How to you read audio?

Don't most people put their right hand on their heart? I'm a lefty and have never even considered using my left to cover my heart for the anthem.

Other than that. From what the thurminator has said the wording is "should" which means you aren't required. I "should" show up on time for work and "should" quit smoking and "should" find a more positive thread to comment on but.... yea. I don't have to.

A) The radio guys READ the statute, or whatever it is. The official wording.

B) If I'm told I "should" show up for work at 8:00am, but continue to show up late, that is a punishable offense.

You would've complained when the tea got dumped in the harbor. Wouldn't you?

Yes. Standing up and holding your hand over your heart is going to change everything over in the middle east, end hunger and bring world peace. It's about as useful as someone on facebook saying "sending our prayers".

AGAIN!!!!!!

Wait a minute. I thought they were protesting police brutality against black people?

AGAIN!!!!!!

I get that. He made things worse, sadly, when it had almost died out.

Almost anything that makes us a better country is great, but I don't see how this has any real life impact in any way. I wish I could see that. I really do.

Money is power in this country. You've got a whole bunch of millionaires now getting into improving communities even more than before. Now the next group will and so on. It absolutely makes the country better and in no way makes it worse

You are reading to deep into this. You have some very fine people on both sides.

There may be fine people on both sides , but some are also ill informed. It's not good to allow falsehoods to masquerade as fact. Particularly when there is zero chance to counterprotest or hear an alternative view from the media sucka$$es. It's dangerous stuff really because there are a lot of lazy minds out there that will soak it up.

Edited by Boatdrinks

I get that. He made things worse, sadly, when it had almost died out.

What if the protests exacerbate the divisions in our country. Isn’t that just as likely?

I was saying the same thing to a family member earlier.

NFL players taking a knee was starting to die out around the NFL. Then Trump had to make his purposefully inflammatory comments and reignite the whole thing 10 fold.

What was Trump honestly trying to accomplish? He had to know that it would cause exactly what happened. Was that his goal?

Yes the problem with America is we have too much freedom. Good post. We should celebrate the freedom we have that other countries don't by not exercising those freedoms. Very logical.