Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel the connection b/w some of our glory year superstars and current teams has been kind of cool.

Only in Buffalo or maybe a few other really small markets would something like that even exist.

Connecting past Bills families with the current one is a nice idea.

I do understand why some current Bills may not like that, and I think Kelly should be more careful about whose toes he steps on.

But surely Hughes isn't really trying to go after Jimbo, is he? If he is, that's misguided.

he's not going after Jimbo. He's buying into the "process" if you will. McCoy is a teammate. Not Jim. He's defending his teammate with his remarks although sounding like he's attacking our legend.

If you take all the politics out of it and someone (anyone not of bills royalty) said McCoy stretched during the anthem do you think this gets any notice?

I see guys shacking thwir arms and bending their knees all the time. Just because it came after a comment by the president and someone didn't do exactly what they should means it's needs to be called out?

Edited by The Wiz

I've been sick of Kelly and Thurman chiming in for years. You had your day. You blew it. Move on and let this team find its own identity.

I honestly think that, at least in the case of Kelly, he remains so close to the team b/c he is desperately seeking some type of personal redemption.

When the Bills win a Superbowl, he will win finally win one too, and get some closure in his life.

He may not realize that's what's going on, but I think that's what's going on.

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

pretty harsh.

I've been sick of Kelly and Thurman chiming in for years. You had your day. You blew it. Move on and let this team find its own identity.

Ha ha, I kind of agree too. It's getting tired. It's cool to have them around but I don't need to hear from them every week. I like where Bruce is at or even Andre. They care, and chime in but they don't get dressed in the locker room before the game.

Four straight losses.

Showing up hungover.

Boozed up Quarterback.

Bigger than Buffalo.

remember all too well.

wonder if McD would let them go on a two week binge before the big dance?

edit: wasn't it two weeks before the game, now it's one or the other way around?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I honestly think that, at least in the case of Kelly, he remains so close to the team b/c he is desperately seeking some type of personal redemption.

When the Bills win a Superbowl, he will win finally win one too, and get some closure in his life.

He may not realize that's what's going on, but I think that's what's going on.

dude. I suspected you had some depth of person. But this exposes you as a thinking and considerate person.

you should be ashamed

Yo Jerry,

Jim has a gold blazer and a bust in Canton. His name is bolted to the wall inside your workplace. Try asking for the #12 on your jersey too.

That's why he's on the sideline.

well he's also an employee of the team, and if he's not going to stand by the decision they made as a team he should have voiced that to them BEFORE. the way he handled this was not acceptable and i imagine that no one is more pissed the McD and the Pegulas. That's what Hughes is saying.

I agree. but this whole fiasco, is dumb.

petty and childish perhpas even ?

It is. No need for any of us to go bananas and lower ourselves to this type of crap. It's trolling upon trolling being done by people who all should know better.

It's disappointing from top to bottom.

Hence your screen name.

Edited by 3rdand12

well he's also an employee of the team, and if he's not going to stand by the decision they made as a team he should have voiced that to them BEFORE. the way he handled this was not acceptable and i imagine that no one is more pissed the McD and the Pegulas. That's what Hughes is saying.

So now decisions about what to do during the anthem must be approved by the team? Seems odd given the context...

Other Jerry Hughes musings you might have missed:

- "Why is this shaky man lighting that torch? This ain't the 1960 Olympics team anymore." (said to his childhood friends while watching the Opening Ceremony, 1996, Atlanta)

- "Did I miss something? How can that guy be the Luckiest Man on the Face of the Earth when some other guy beat him out for the Yankees first base job" (said as he casually walked past a TV monitor playing Ken Burns' Baseball series)

right and the other guy with 15 does the minimum. Tossing a wonderlic score into this debate is just a meaningless cheap shot.

Not meant to be a cheap shot, a simple reality that he isn't that bright. McCoy didn't score high either but he was a part of a group decision. He is a PART OF THE TEAM. Kelly had NOTHING to gain and could have potentially did damage to the team by speaking out. If he cared about the best interest of the team he would have just shut up. Instead he took a shot at the team's best player. That's not too bright. Maybe it's time that the Bills start to distance themselves from these guys? It started when he was begging them to take his nephew. He's not helping the team in any manner and now is potentially causing problems.

Do you even understand when you say "excluding those with a different view" in opposition to those taking a knee you are excluding their point of view?

He is talking about Jerry Hughes not wanting Jim Kelly on the sideline because he’s not towing the team line. That’s the only point of view being excluded.

Not meant to be a cheap shot, a simple reality that he isn't that bright. McCoy didn't score high either but he was a part of a group decision. He is a PART OF THE TEAM. Kelly had NOTHING to gain and could have potentially did damage to the team by speaking out. If he cared about the best interest of the team he would have just shut up. Instead he took a shot at the team's best player. That's not too bright. Maybe it's time that the Bills start to distance themselves from these guys? It started when he was begging them to take his nephew. He's not helping the team in any manner and now is potentially causing problems.

So the team decided they would stand or kneel together as one and McCoy would do this weird stretching thing on the side? Interesting.

So now decisions about what to do during the anthem must be approved by the team? Seems odd given the context...

Well when they meet and come to a consensus about what to do as a team to a man? Yeah i think Kelly should respect that. If he doesn't than he doesn't need to be there. It's just horribly egotistical in my mind to blow these guys up to their faces when he's not suiting up on game day with them. He had his chance to say something and he didn't.

pretty harsh.

Thurmanator 12074, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

pretty harsh.

Pretty harsh that these Millionare players have to disrespect our flag, our country and are Veterens which I am one of them.

So please spare me the excuses. Your pissing off your customers. Keep these players in the Locker room. how would you like it if you walked into my business and I pissed you off and disrespected you. You would not like it. They can protest on there own time.

These players should not be out on the field at all during the National Anthem. Let the Fans pay there respects to the flag and the Veterns and the singers of the Anthem. This will hurt the bottom line of owners and networks all to appease the Main Street liberal media and globalist.

Yo Jerry,

Jim has a gold blazer and a bust in Canton. His name is bolted to the wall inside your workplace. Try asking for the #12 on your jersey too.

That's why he's on the sideline.

wheres farve, marino (may as well disclude the boys in the booth, aikman, bradshaw, simms) or joe montana to name a few? it's one thing as a past player showing up to watch the game but it's not like he is part owner or any type of coach and there should be a boundary he does not need to cross.

jmo

So the team decided they would stand or kneel together as one and McCoy would do this weird stretching thing on the side? Interesting.

The entire team AND owners supported the pregame. A QB from 20 years ago said that he lost respect for the team's best player. Why do we keep sticking a microphone in his face? If he isn't going to help move this team forward he should get out of the way (especially if he is going to cause problems).

Asked another way, "what good could have come from Kelly's comments?" The Bills made this decision together.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Thurmanator 12074, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:

pretty harsh.

Pretty harsh that these Millionare players have to disrespect our flag, our country and are Veterens which I am one of them.

So please spare me the excuses. Your pissing off your customers. Keep these players in the Locker room. how would you like it if you walked into my business and I pissed you off and disrespected you. You would not like it. They can protest on there own time.

These players should not be out on the field at all during the National Anthem. Let the Fans pay there respects to the flag and the Veterns and the singers of the Anthem. This will hurt the bottom line of owners and networks all to appease the Main Street liberal media and globalist.

So you think this is all about spoiled millionaires disrespecting the military and flag and not about drawing attention to racial injustice? I mean it's not like rich NFL players have their lives threatened by police because they think they might be a crime suspect.

The entire team AND owners supported the pregame. A QB from 20 years ago said that he lost respect for the team's best player. Why do we keep sticking a microphone in his face? If he isn't going to help move this team forward he should get out of the way (especially if he is going to cause problems).

McCoy's thing seemed out of place and not a part of what the team was doing. I believe that was the main thing Kelly criticized. If you are telling me the stretching was all part of some grand team gesture, then fine.

We all have a choice.

This is a game. The games on Sunday are a show. There is no legal or moral imperative to play the National Anthem. It is part of a show. In most stadiums 99.99% of people stand to respect the flag, and that is a part of the show they enjoy.

From the perspective of many what McCoy did spoils the show. McCoy can make his choice to do whatever he wants during the anthem that is his right.

The fans in the stands can chose to come for the show or skip the show. That is there choice.

We all have a choice.