Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long before any of this came in to the spotlight, I never paid no mind to the anthem they play before a game. the american way I suppose, like hot dogs and chevrolet. I never felt that my not paying much attention to the anthem before a game had anything to do with disrespecting the flag or military. I'm all for the anthem on memorial day or fourth of july, but a football game?

Thurmanator 12074, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:
If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

pretty harsh.

Pretty harsh that these Millionare players have to disrespect our flag, our country and are Veterens which I am one of them.
So please spare me the excuses. Your pissing off your customers. Keep these players in the Locker room. how would you like it if you walked into my business and I pissed you off and disrespected you. You would not like it. They can protest on there own time.
These players should not be out on the field at all during the National Anthem. Let the Fans pay there respects to the flag and the Veterns and the singers of the Anthem. This will hurt the bottom line of owners and networks all to appease the Main Street liberal media and globalist.

that is totally your view and may be the view of others which is your right to express as such. it is not mine. seems there are those who haven't the full understanding of the 1st amendment and the very reason this country was\has been protected by those who serve(d). and that is for the freedom and rights to all americans, which includes freedom to express\protest. the deal now is that even in silent protest some feel they not only don't have that right to do so, but believe they're disrespecting the flag as well as the military and that could not be further from the truth. as for the platform, what greater audience. it even got the potus involved. this battle of political views and the direction society seems to be going, is not going to have a pretty ending I'm afraid. this is an ugly world we live in today

it's a real damn shame watching this country divide as it has and the hate that dwells in the mist. anger is an emotion only you yourself can control.

while this is all going on, I will be watching football games. it's source of entertainment and I'm not going to allow an anthem, that as I said, I really paid no mind to anyway, interfere anymore than I'll allow this present political battle interfere. I mind my own.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

What's the protest going to be for next week? Is there going to be a schedule so that we can all keep up?

The media will be sure to let you know, if they can remove their collective lips from the players' a$$. The players protested . The President peacefully protested the players protest. The players were insulted by the President's counter protest and decided they must respond with another protest of their own. Where does it end? Allow a pro-police counter protest to set up across from the players during the anthem, make sure when the media talks about it they have a rebuttal from the other side or just get rid of the whole thing.

Funny how people are quick to protect the players' "free speech" on the field and in uniform, and then in the next breath declare Kelly needs to shut up and go away for exercising his "free speech" on his personal social media account on his own time.

Hughes was upset by what he was doing on the sidelines. I don’t know if it’s a decisive difference, but it probably is an important one.

Funny how people are quick to protect the players' "free speech" on the field and in uniform, and then in the next breath declare Kelly needs to shut up and go away for exercising his "free speech" on his personal social media account on his own time.

It's just following the lib playbook

Except that is not at all what happened. Jim Kelly is apparently a paid Bills employee, and the Bills organization met Saturday night and decided upon a message of unity. Jim then went off the reservation, in his own self interest, and contradicted that message.

Then why are you on a team message board talking about that team?

Been here for 16 years spunky and a fan of the team for a lot longer. This is the first week I finally got tired of the disrespect that these prima donna athletes are showing the good ole USA. I've come here daily for a long time, and I love shooting the **** and talking Bills with a great forum of Bills fans. You my dear, are more of a newbie and as such, you may want to spout your retorts, but the truth is most red-blooded hard working, blue collar Bills fans do not like what these athletes are doing.

Except that is not at all what happened. Jim Kelly is apparently a paid Bills employee, and the Bills organization met Saturday night and decided upon a message of unity. Jim then went off the reservation, in his own self interest, and contradicted that message.

Look I understand why Hughes is upset, but how can people who are defending free speech complain that someone “went off reservation” by not towing the team line?

So the message of unity included Shady being an outcast and stretching during the moment of UNITY? Or perhaps Jim knew Shady was supposed to be kneeling alongside his teammates? Or or or .... the possibilities are endless but yeah unity.

Been here for 16 years spunky and a fan of the team for a lot longer. This is the first week I finally got tired of the disrespect that these prima donna athletes are showing the good ole USA. I've come here daily for a long time, and I love shooting the **** and talking Bills with a great forum of Bills fans. You my dear, are more of a newbie and as such, you may want to spout your retorts, but the truth is most red-blooded hard working, blue collar Bills fans do not like what these athletes are doing.

Somebody else who simply does not get it.

Well said! For real.

You're 180 degrees out of phase. They're actually honoring the best tradition of the USA with silent protests under the right of the 1st amendment.

It's just following the lib playbook

You still hoping for Bills' players who protested to sustain injuries? :sick:

please it's illegal for the president to say fire someone. Just like Regan fired the Air traffic controllers.

he said get back to work or your fired. Then they called his bluff and he fired them.

Another main stream media lie just like Chris Cuomo from CNN saying it's illegal to read wiki leaks and that he will read it for you and tell you how to interrupt it. Keep drinking the kool aide

18 USC, 227.

The NFL is a private company. He can't do that. Reagan fired Federal employees. He can do that. Carry on.

Look I understand why Hughes is upset, but how can people who are defending free speech complain that someone “went off reservation” by not towing the team line?

Because they are hypocrites who don't even know what they are protesting. Their "narrative" will change from week to week to whatever the next trend brings. Respect is non-existent it seems. I don't think that they understand that the flag does not represent the government or any political figure.

I'm not saying saying the don't have the right of course they do. I support there right to do it on there own time and on there social media. you don't piss off millions of your customers and not expect a backlash. Simple solution keep the players in the locker room and this problem with the national anthem and disrespecting Veterans and the flag and are country will be avoided. They are there to play football Correct or did you pay to see a protest.

long before any of this came in to the spotlight, I never paid no mind to the anthem they play before a game. the american way I suppose, like hot dogs and chevrolet. I never felt that my not paying much attention to the anthem before a game had anything to do with disrespecting the flag or military. I'm all for the anthem on memorial day or fourth of july, but a football game?

that is totally your view and may be the view of others which is your right to express as such. it is not mine. seems there are those who haven't the full understanding of the 1st amendment and the very reason this country was\has been protected by those who serve(d). and that is for the freedom and rights to all americans, which includes freedom to express\protest. the deal now is that even in silent protest some feel they not only don't have that right to do so, but believe they're disrespecting the flag as well as the military and that could not be further from the truth. as for the platform, what greater audience. it even got the potus involved. this battle of political views and the direction society seems to be going, is not going to have a pretty ending I'm afraid. this is an ugly world we live in today

it's a real damn shame watching this country divide as it has and the hate that dwells in the mist. anger is an emotion only you yourself can control.

while this is all going on, I will be watching football games. it's source of entertainment and I'm not going to allow an anthem, that as I said, I really paid no mind to anyway, interfere anymore than I'll allow this present political battle interfere. I mind my own.

please it's illegal for the president to say fire someone. Just like Regan fired the Air traffic controllers.

he said get back to work or your fired. Then they called his bluff and he fired them.

Another main stream media lie just like Chris Cuomo from CNN saying it's illegal to read wiki leaks and that he will read it for you and tell you how to interrupt it. Keep drinking the kool aide

Actually I think there might be some truth to that statement. Here is the law as written -

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/227

Somebody else who simply does not get it.

get what? Tell me your great stance. It is part of the NFL rules that players stand for the National Anthem. It's NFL policy and a bunch of little bitches decided they'd break the rules to protest. Trump was right! Fire them. If my job told me to come in wearing a suit and tie and I walked into the office in my boxer shorts protesting some stupid thing Trump said, they would send me home, dock my pay and fine me. What gives these athletes the right to violate the corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years.

Edited by BillsRdue

I'm not a good guy unless I see freedom the way you do?

It's not about freedom, it is about following the policy set in place. They can express their views any way they want, off the field, with their own music as long as they follow the rule of law, If I decided to protest my company policy by doing whatever the f'k I wanted they would not think twice about termination of employment. Trump was right. He just phrased it a little harsh.

It's not about freedom, it is about following the policy set in place. They can express their views any way they want, off the field, with their own music as long as they follow the rule of law, If I decided to protest my company policy by doing whatever the f'k I wanted they would not think twice about termination of employment. Trump was right. He just phrased it a little harsh.

Your understanding of NFL policy is incorrect. The players aren't required to stand at attention with their hands over their hearts.

Their company(NFL) has no policy in place that says they have to stand during the anthem with their hands on their heart and speaking/singing the words. Show me where it does and you have my support in firing all of them.

get what? Tell me your great stance. It is part of the NFL rules that players stand for the National Anthem with their hand over their heart. It's NFL policy and a bunch of little bitches decided they'd break the rules to protest. Trump was right! Fire them. If my job told me to come in wearing a suit and tie and I walked into the office in my boxer shorts protesting some stupid thing Trump said, they would send me home, dock my pay and fine me. What gives these athletes the right to violate the corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years.

It actually says players "should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking."

Nowhere does it say players must have their hand over there heart. And "should" is a million miles away from "must." Hence no fines or suspensions from the NFL.

And lets be honest, when does the NFL not fine players when they've got a case??

All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.

- George Bernard Shaw

Your understanding of NFL policy is incorrect. The players aren't required to stand at attention with their hands over their hearts.

NFL GAMES- OPERATION MANUAL

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.