Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

So full of poo, and you know you are. The Broncos defense carries them and did that while year. Sorry, that the original comment was WRONG.

lol of course the Denver D carried them, but that dead future HoF QB Manning could still find and hit open receivers. cmon wake up. At no point did Manning see straight 8 in the box all season from everybody like our mediocre QB does.....

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall why, but he was running off balance and then had to make a huge adjustment for a poorly thrown ball. He did manage to get his hands on the ball, but it would have been a highlight catch if he made it.. And then time would have run out. And he's a rookie. No way the play was hif fault much less the game.

Wow.

Dead wrong.

Peyton Manning just won it two years ago and he was absolutely f*cking atrocious........do I really need to quote his horrendous production? Or does BROCK OSWEILER deserve all the credit for that SB win? :doh:

Fair point. I have wiped that Superbowl from my memory. It was a complete oddity. Tyrod isn't good enough.

You seem to forget that Manning was injured? As soon as he was healthy enough to play he took back over.

You are saying because an old dead armed manning won the SB that TT is technically capable of it? I'll still take a HoF 39 year old manning with a computer for a brain over TT for 1 game

This isn't about me, it's about Gunner.

He says it wasn't possible........and yet it just f*cking happened........and it wasn't just Manning.......they won the game in the regular season against NE that gave them homefield in the playoffs with the equally AWFUL Brock Osweiler.

So just how implausible is it that an Alex Smith or Tyrod Taylor could be in championship games? Not implausible at all.

I'm all about QB play.........don't be the guy that doubts that........I just don't care to read the drama queen takes about how the team is going nowhere without a great QB.

I don't recall why, but he was running off balance and then had to make a huge adjustment for a poorly thrown ball. He did manage to get his hands on the ball, but it would have been a highlight catch if he made it.. And then time would have run out. And he's a rookie. No way the play was hif fault much less the game.

OBJ would have made that catch as a rookie, sure glad we traded up for Watkins!

Actually it was on Zay. That route should be run to the cone or corner not the sideline. You only run that to the sideline behind the corner when there is time. If he just runs towards the corner, it's a TD.

I am not pinning this game on him, but that route was run improperly. I am sure he would tell you the same. Take a look at the play again and you will see. Tyron actually threw it to the perfect spot for the TD. Zay ran too much to the sideline for no reason,...sad day for any Bills fan.

I read it differently. Say cut in, Tyrod thought he was going out. When the throw came it was back shoulder. Unsure who made the right read. Looked like 2 defenders on the sideline and that's how Zay read it. Going for 6. Tyrod saw space and could stop the clock but it wasn't going in given the coverage. Safety had the cone.

Tough throw. If it hits your hands in the NFL you catch it. But a really tough catch if he made it.

Edited by Mango

Zay Jones said Tyrod Taylor made a good throw. Says he should have come down with the catch.

So there's that.

What's he going to say? Why can't it just be that the pass wasn't ideal but Zay still needs to find a way to make that very tough catch?

Yeah, he didn't come into the league as the best at his position. As a second round pick he is pretty solid and a big upgrade from Robert Woods. IMHO

I hope that's the case, but he has a long way to go before he proves that.

Actually it was on Zay. That route should be run to the cone or corner not the sideline. You only run that to the sideline behind the corner when there is time. If he just runs towards the corner, it's a TD.

I am not pinning this game on him, but that route was run improperly. I am sure he would tell you the same. Take a look at the play again and you will see. Tyron actually threw it to the perfect spot for the TD. Zay ran too much to the sideline for no reason,...sad day for any Bills fan.

After seeing the highlight you could tell when he came out of his cut he was aiming towards the 5 instead of the cone. Had he straightened out he probably would have had it.

But when he came out of his cut he seemed to stumble a bit which I think threw his body off and geared him towards the sideline. If he had a clean cut he may have stayed straight.

But the play doesn't mitigate the overall lack of offense showed by Dennison. Too many three and outs early and they abandoned the running game way to early. In a game when your always a TD away from taking the lead and between Shady and Tolbert you only rush the ball 10 times for 10 yards in the entire second half?

Not going to win many games doing that.

Edited by dezertbill

After seeing the highlight you could tell when he came out of his cut he was aiming towards the 5 instead of the cone. Had he straightened out he probably would have had it.

But when he came out of his cut he seemed to stumble a bit which I think threw his body off and geared him towards the sideline. If he had a clean cut he may have stayed straight.

That's how I saw it. More likely it was a good pass. He tackled himself. And that yard or two makes the pass look bad.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9266053/ezgif.com_optimize.gif

Jones turns the wrong way, if Taylor throws it to outside shoulder Jones goes out of bounds. If Jones runs more vertical route that is a TD.

Right, there was no room on the sideline.......if Taylor throws it where he's going it very likely ends up out of bounds.

Taylor had a good view of him......he threw the ball where he hoped Jones would go.

Its alright there will be more games like this from TT again this year and eventually after 2 plus years of excuses will stop.

I TOO HOPE THERE ARE MORE GAMES WHERE WE HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN ON THE ROAD VS A BETTER OPPONENT AND TYROD MAKES WHAT SHOULD BE THE GAME WINNING THROW!

#majorcrusade

Zay said in post game "it was a fine thrown ball" and that he should have made the catch, fwiw. Of course, I'm sure he's covering too - the pass obviously wasn't perfect and the catch was super tough, but the guy's a pro...

Just listened to his post-game. I love this kid. Total accountability. He will get better. This will drive him.

Completely agree - tough day, but I like this kid! :beer:

Guess who makes that catch all day

Gronk? Just our freaking luck...