Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

Even if he turned the same way - if he was running for the pylon/EZ, the ball would have been in a place where it was far more easily caught. Instead he started to run to the 5 yd marker. If the ball was thrown towards the sideline to the outside shoulder with the route he was running, the CB coming off Shady would have most likely knocked it down or intercepted it.

That corner never gets there in time.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crusher I'm sure 99.9% of people realize TT IS NOT the long term answer. I've felt that for years already...

As I know you have... and it wasn't necessarily the best throw... but it was 100% catchable... it's not about blaming anybody either... that's toxic

The Bills must move on and keep playing ball. But it was catchable

It was only catchable because Zay made an incredible adjustment getting turned around to get his hands on it. The throw was poor and would have been an easy catch had it been not behind him with a safety coming over from that side that the ball ended up going to.

It was only catchable because Zay made an incredible adjustment getting turned around to get his hands on it. The throw was poor and would have been an easy catch had it been not behind him with a safety coming over from that side that the ball ended up going to.

He tackled himself getting to it. That's why he had to twist.

Wrong.

That's the only reason he was even able to adjust to the poor throw behind him. If he never stumbles...the ball is nowhere near him.

Now you are calling out Kelly The Dog?

Wow, just wow. Yeah, you are smarter than everyone else.

It's not even on sportscenter top 10 if he catches it...

It wasn't impossibly difficult, I've seen that catch made thousands of times over the years. In college and at the nfl level. Decently hard catch? Yes

Freaky difficult? No

You can be pissed he dropped it, but that wasn't a "routine" catch by any standards.

I don't just mean the catch itself, I mean the whole play. Most #2 receivers make the right play on that ball and come down with it IMO. Again - Zay is just a rookie. If he ran the wrong way, stumbled, whatever, he can get better. But if I am seeing the play correctly it was a perfect throw from Tyrod which means it needed to be caught. Can't know for sure.

It wasn't impossibly difficult, I've seen that catch made thousands of times over the years. In college and at the nfl level. Decently hard catch? Yes

Freaky difficult? No

The adjustment he made to turn his body to get his hands on it was pretty impressive IMO. He was headed in the complete opposite direction.

I disagree that that doesn't make top plays if he comes up with it, but we'll never know cause he didn't.

That's exactly my thought too. A marginally better pass and he doesn't need to extend and probably strolls into the end zone.

Yeah, definitely, you can say that about every incomplete catch in the history of catching a ball, that if the throw was better the catch would have been made

The ball, even if it was the worst throw ever in the history of the game, still hit the WR in both his hands and he was unable to make the catch. The reason WRs get paid what they do is because they are expected to catch balls that are within the reach of their hands. Even the greatest QBs don't make ever throw perfect to their WRs, but NFL WRs know that they should be able to catch passes that are within the reach of their arms

Wrong.

That's the only reason he was even able to adjust to the poor throw behind him. If he never stumbles...the ball is nowhere near him.

Not wrong. Corner route adjustment carries a line to the pylon (like it was thrown). Zay shortened off the route. He'll learn, I'm not worried about him.

Beyond all that TT missed some plays earlier in the game (maybe haters should focus on those instead of the GW pass that he threw to the right spot) and the run-game was non-existent. Add in a VERY good Carolina front 7 and at home, and you have of less than stellar offensive showing for sure.

The adjustment he made to turn his body to get his hands on it was pretty impressive IMO. He was headed in the complete opposite direction.

I disagree that that doesn't make top plays if he comes up with it, but we'll never know cause he didn't.

He adjusted well and it hit him square in the hands. Hopefully next time he pulls it in. I hope he does

Clearly a Corner Route.

A poorly thrown ball

But is Zay wants to be an elite WR he has to make the catch.

MAJBobby....CPTCrusade lol....

Let it go man, it's been proven where the fault lies. Go on. If you say it enough maybe it will become true.

So......guys want to come down hard on a rookie WR?

Granted it wasn't a great pass, but it was catch-able and in all honesty, the team should never been in that position anyways by the O doing nothing for 55 minutes and putting the game in TT's hands and throwing to a rookie WR.

It's a loss in the books........deal with it.

The best we can hope for is that it's a learning experience for Zay and TT makes better throws.

Freaky difficult? No

Disagree, it would be because it would have lead to a Buffalo upset over Carolina..............or atleast put the game into OT if Haush "Carpenters" the Extra Point.................

Disagree, it would be because it would have lead to a Buffalo upset over Carolina..............or atleast put the game into OT if Haush "Carpenters" the Extra Point.................

Regardless of that statement. My point was that I've seen that catch thousands of times. With my own eyes in person. I'm not going to put all the blame on the rook but i will say that it is 100% catchable

So......guys want to come down hard on a rookie WR?

Granted it wasn't a great pass, but it was catch-able and in all honesty, the team should never been in that position anyways by the O doing nothing for 55 minutes and putting the game in TT's hands and throwing to a rookie WR.

It's a loss in the books........deal with it.

The best we can hope for is that it's a learning experience for Zay and TT makes better throws.

Almost no one hear is "coming down hard" on a rookie WR, most are arguing that it is a catch that a WR should be expected to make and it wasn't a horribly thrown pass that would require a miracle to catch. But some here have to blame it all on the QB.

Regardless of that statement. My point was that I've seen that catch thousands of times. With my own eyes in person. I'm not going to put all the blame on the rook but i will say that it is 100% catchable

And I agree, I'm just saying it would make sportscentre but only because it leads to a td for the win....................

That's funny...in a kinda billsy, ironic way. I don't know...blame God or talk down to "little people with little jobs"...which do I prefer in a #1 WR? :)

Well that throw to Stevie was a poorly thrown ball by the QB that you can't expect a WR to catch without a 'circus catch', if it had been thrown better Stevie make that catch................

Almost no one hear is "coming down hard" on a rookie WR, most are arguing that it is a catch that a WR should be expected to make and it wasn't a horribly thrown pass that would require a miracle to catch. But some here have to blame it all on the QB.

And I agree, I'm just saying it would make sportscentre but only because it leads to a td for the win....................

If we scored and won the game it most certainly would've got TV time!

Wish it did my bills friend

MAJBobby....CPTCrusade lol....

Let it go man, it's been proven where the fault lies. Go on. If you say it enough maybe it will become true.

Who is on the crusade. I would argue you are. You seem to be very interested in stalking my for some reason.

It has been proven by no one.

It was a corner.

Inwas a poorly thrown FB

It should have been caught if Zay wants to be an elite WR.

I dont need this play to backup any of the truths about TT. There will be more. And can just point to all the throws he is to scared to pull the trigger on.

Who is on the crusade. I would argue you are. You seem to be very interested in stalking my for some reason.

It has been proven by no one.

It was a corner.

Inwas a poorly thrown FB

It should have been caught if Zay wants to be an elite WR.

I dont need this play to backup any of the truths about TT. There will be more. And can just point to all the throws he is to scared to pull the trigger on.

Hard to stalk you in my own thread...lol

#majoragenda

Hard to stalk you in my own thread...lol

#majoragenda

sure just like you agenda. But keep with your dumbass hashtags. They are better than you football knowledge so i give you that much

Yeah i do have an agenda. Get a better QB and freaking make the playoffs and blow that window open instead of hoping to slip in some playoffs

Edited by MAJBobby

Funny how a still frame doesn't show anything preceding the exact moment the catch looks "easy."

I see receivers dive all over making tough catches. I see receivers one hand something that barely hits their fingers. I see circus catches when the Giants play NE in the superbowl. This catch wasn't a circus catch by any sense of the word. The replay is there for everyone to watch. Had he caught it on the way down on his second attempt at catching the ball it would have been a circus catch. Changing body direction slightly and jumping in the air getting two hands on the ball isn't a circus catch. Receivers make that type of catch all. the. time.

I will bet anyone we will find later he ran the wrong pattern and looked out when he was supposed to look in.

The more I watch it the more I'm convinced. Makes zero sense that the route was supposed to go out at the 5 yd line

I see receivers dive all over making tough catches. I see receivers one hand something that barely hits their fingers. I see circus catches when the Giants play NE in the superbowl. This catch wasn't a circus catch by any sense of the word. The replay is there for everyone to watch. Had he caught it on the way down on his second attempt at catching the ball it would have been a circus catch. Changing body direction slightly and jumping in the air getting two hands on the ball isn't a circus catch. Receivers make that type of catch all. the. time.

I don't think anyone's comparing it to OBJ catches, Certainly not David Tyree. I certainly never said it was a circus catch. But reducing it to a routine catch is misguided IMO. I see guys drop that. All. The. Time.