Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched it. I can't even believe this is being debated.

It is clear as day to me that the rookie completely screwed up his route. He broke wrong, stumbled, slowed down, and completely seemed to forget he was even a target. He seemed surprised to look up and see the ball coming to him. Dude needs to wake the f-up.

Tyrod hates his hapless WRs, is what this game showed me. He has no confidence in them nor should he. His throws were conservative but mostly fine. He still scrambles too much.

@steviejohnson13

Keep your head up @zayjones11. You're going to catch a lot of balls, for a lot of yards and TDs...oh and make a ton of money while doing it.

@andre_reed83

For sure @StevieJohnson13 we all miss ones we thought we should of caught.Keep grindin youngin,game winners are in you👍🏾

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just because you say it is doesn't mean it was. Many on Twitter who have video proof and even Zay himself said it was a good throw and he should have come down with it.

So, was it Fitz fault Stevie dropped the GW catch vs Pitt? You haters are looking real bad tonight.

LOL...like those throws were the same.

It wasn't a tight fitting window through....it was a poor throw.

What kind of a response do you expect Zay to have. It wasn't that good of a throw?

It is clear as day to me that the rookie completely screwed up his route. He broke wrong, stumbled, slowed down, and completely seemed to forget he was even a target. He seemed surprised to look up and see the ball coming to him. Dude needs to wake the f-up.

Tyrod hates his hapless WRs, is what this game showed me. He has no confidence in them nor should he. His throws were conservative but mostly fine. He still scrambles too much.

The game showed me that if you stop the run game and leave it in the hands of TT to throw....it's ugly.

@steviejohnson13

Keep your head up @zayjones11. You're going to catch a lot of balls, for a lot of yards and TDs...oh and make a ton of money while doing it.

@andre_reed83

For sure @StevieJohnson13 we all miss ones we thought we should of caught.Keep grindin youngin,game winners are in you👍🏾

Andre Reed? I trust Rich Gannon ;)

IMO people that hate Tyrod will just say it was a terrible pass. People that like Tyrod or are objective will see what you did. I saw what you did. I think Tyrod threw it exactly where he wanted to. He had a clear look and all the time and he makes that pass. It's one of the only things he does.

I love how you put absolutely NO blame on Zay. You NNN's never find any fault with anyone but TT.

You say THE SAME THING EVERY POST. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. Let the big kids discuss this topic. You got school tomorrow. Go to bed.

Sounds like the "big kid" got his feelings hurt.

I've discussed the topic like a respectful individual while you have done less than that.

It's always the same posters claiming superiority that act the most foolish, and you're post is a wonderful example.

+100000%

I don't have a lot of hope that we will win many games this season but I DO think Zay is going to be very good for years to come. This will drive him. I have a feeling about this guy.

I like Zay very much as a prospect still moving forward. Not gonna base the kids career on one play, nor am I hanging the loss on one play. The kid ran a poor route and it cost us a chance to win, but this whole team was stuck in the mud on offense most the day and the coaches performance was equally bad in play calling and clock management.

+100000%

I like Zay very much as a prospect still moving forward. Not gonna base the kids career on one play, nor am I hanging the loss on one play. The kid ran a poor route and it cost us a chance to win, but this whole team was stuck in the mud on offense most the day and the coaches performance was equally bad in play calling and clock management.

Would you rather have Tyrod Taylor or Andrew Luck?

IMO people that hate Tyrod will just say it was a terrible pass. People that like Tyrod or are objective will see what you did. I saw what you did. I think Tyrod threw it exactly where he wanted to. He had a clear look and all the time and he makes that pass. It's one of the only things he does.

This is unfair. I dont hate Tyrod. I think Tyrod is a serviceable mobile QB that lacks accuracy and it showed on this play. It was a corner route and IMO the dude threw it left shoulder and he should have led the receiver to the right in the direction of the route. And if it was an accurate pass and that's where Tyrod wanted to throw it, than that brings up another set of issues IMO. Regardless it's plays like this that are the reasons why Tyrod Taylor will not be the Bills QB in 2018.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

This is unfair. I dont hate Tyrod. I think Tyrod is a serviceable mobile QB that lacks accuracy and it showed on this play. It was a corner route and IMO the dude threw it left shoulder and he should have led the receiver to the right in the direction of the route. And if it was an accurate pass and that's where Tyrod wanted to throw it, than that brings up another set of issues IMO. Regardless it's plays like this that are the reasons why Tyrod Taylor will not be the Bills QB in 2018.

You can't say it was a corner route. There was nothing, not even Zay turning the way he did makes anyone think it was a corner route. If it were a corner route he wouldn't have stopped the way he did.

Sounds like the "big kid" got his feelings hurt.

I've discussed the topic like a respectful individual while you have done less than that.

It's always the same posters claiming superiority that act the most foolish, and you're post is a wonderful example.

Sorry, you aren't on my level.

https://www.facebook.com/Boyst62/videos/498130697207634/

finally figured out how to do my best to post it.

here is the last play, i missed the drop because i was more focused on watching than recording.

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

"

bull ****. It was a bad throw and he was lucky to even get a finger on it. TT missed a wide open receiver and it cost us a win.

Could it have been a better pass? Probably. But bottom line is Zay got both hands on the ball. Should have caught it. I believe he also dropped a third down catch that hit both his hands today too. Hasn't been the best start for him but it's early.

On the final play I'm not sure what happened to Zay but he was definitley stumbling through his route at a couple different points. If he keeps his feet with him it probably helps him make the grab.

Andre Reed & Stevie chiming in on Twitter is awesome. Love the support from former players.

I'm really hoping this is like a T.O. situation where his career takes off after a couple big drops.

Hoping.

The 1st drop today was also a bad one. Nice to see his teammates and former Bills support him.

Are you trying to show that McCoy is open? Only thing I can say about that is its tough to see. There is probably a window there. Your angle shows him open but not where the coverage on him was before TT throws the ball. The other angle shows him covered to a point but not when TT throws the ball. If you say he was open I believe you though because you were right there.

I can just picture it though... TT makes the play to McCoy and fans start yelling he could have instead had Zay for the TD. This is why I don't like the all-22 era. Not that TT is a good QB or anything, but people way over analyze stuff and don't know what they are talking about half the time. On the other hand I love watching coaches film. Thanks for the post. I love watching stuff you cant see on TV.

Are you trying to show that McCoy is open? Only thing I can say about that is its tough to see. There is probably a window there. Your angle shows him open but not where the coverage on him was before TT throws the ball. The other angle shows him covered to a point but not when TT throws the ball. If you say he was open I believe you though because you were right there.

I can just picture it though... TT makes the play to McCoy and fans start yelling he could have instead had Zay for the TD. This is why I don't like the all-22 era. Not that TT is a good QB or anything, but people way over analyze stuff and don't know what they are talking about half the time. On the other hand I love watching coaches film. Thanks for the post. I love watching stuff you cant see on TV.

not trying to show anything specific but another angle. the ol did well in protecting tyrod. he moved up in to the pocket very well. he did everything right but too much on the ball.

i never judge much on offense because we never know what was planned. but i would wager that jones was the hot read and this was to be to jones with mccoy as the dump/2nd read. this was all timing and likely a play we praccticed a lot and will see again, when you watched the opposite side of the line and what happened in the play it was a beauty.