Incognito & Poyer Both Make PFF Team of the Week

26CornerBlitz

NFL-ToTW-OFF-WK-768x432.png

Left Guard – Richie Incognito, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 89.3

Elite Stat: Incognito had a pass blocking efficiency of 100 percent, allowing no pressure at all on 33 pass blocking snaps.

Incognito continues his impressive play heading into the 2017 season, with a perfect day in pass protection, a dominant run blocking performance, and only two penalties (both holding on run plays) marring an otherwise flawless outing.

NFL-ToTW-DEF-WK1-1-768x432.jpg

Safety – Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 90.7

Elite Stat: Poyer allowed four catches on five targets, but they went for a total of 26 yards.

Poyer notched an interception for the Bills, but also broke up a pass and allowed only 26 total yards despite being thrown at five times. He made three defensive stops over the course of the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-2017-week-1-team-of-the-week

Seriously!! Highest graded OL battling Mo Wilk and Leonard Williams. Him and Cordy are beasts on the left side

and Dion Dawkins number 73. just in case you did not notice the rotation. took me off guard. err Tackle

Seriously!! Highest graded OL battling Mo Wilk and Leonard Williams. Him and Cordy are beasts on the left side

Eric had a fine game as well. How did Miller grade out?

Thats cool.

I wanna know how our WRs graded out. Whats this talk imhearing about them not winning their one v ones and jot getting off the ojne n seperation quick enuff. Havent watched the game back after seeing it live on Sunday waiting for someone with the all 22 to chime in

Edited by Marty McFly

A lot of people spend a lot of time talking about all the stupid things this organization has done, but Incognito was one of the smartest plays by anyone. A tremendous under-the-radar pickup that is rewarded not just with Pro Bowl-quality effort, but I suspect he brings a ton of gratitude and loyalty for the second chance to make things right.

He's become one of my favorite players.

A lot of people spend a lot of time talking about all the stupid things this organization has done, but Incognito was one of the smartest plays by anyone. A tremendous under-the-radar pickup that is rewarded not just with Pro Bowl-quality effort, but I suspect he brings a ton of gratitude and loyalty for the second chance to make things right.

I second this.

Man I hope this new regime doesn't F with the left side of the o line... keep Glenn and Incognito here please and give Richie an extension next year. It's his last year under contract. He's still playing so well it'd be a shame to let him go...

All we need is a good RT (hopefully Dawkins) and possibly a RG depending on what Miller does and this line could be great.

and Dion Dawkins number 73. just in case you did not notice the rotation. took me off guard. err Tackle

Eric had a fine game as well. How did Miller grade out?

Haha, oh I noticed, especially on a textbook beautiful block that sprung Shady free.

Honestly not sure how Miller did, that's a tough DL, I thought the whole unit did great versus the pass, right side had some issues in run game, assuming average at least.. I really like Miller, he's not special but he's consistent enough and is well disciplined.

Edited by JerseyBills

Wasn't a big fan of Richard when he got here. But he's kept his nose clean, and looks like he's turned his life around. I was glad to be wrong on this one.

Haha, oh I noticed, especially on a textbook beautiful block that sprung Shady free.

Honestly not sure how Miller did, that's a tough DL, I thought the whole unit did great versus the pass, right side had some issues in run game, assuming average at least.. I really like Miller, he's not special but he's consistent enough and is well disciplined.

I had big concerns about the Jets Dline being tough. I think forcing them to defend the run was good play calling

PS Poyer's hair was on fire and Hyde was not far behind

yep, He's a keeper. I dont want to jinx it but he looks like he has another three good years left in the tank.

On five targets, Poyer allowed four catches, broke up a pass and had an interception. How does that work? Was the interception not a target?

I remember seeing Poyer's pass break-up during the game, and on the play, the pass was actually directed at another receiver who was being guarded by another defender. Poyer was trailing his man (not the intended target). The ball was thrown behind Poyer as he was running across the field, and he reached back to deflect the pass, even though the man he was guarding was in front of him. So that play did not count as a target against him.

Agreed on Incognito. He is the offense's version Kyle Williams.

I made this point in another post so I apologize for the redundancy. This new staff completely revamped the defensive backfield and also changed the defensive scheme from man coverage to zone coverage. They seamlessly made this transition through the draft pick, trade and free agent acquisitions. The coaches simplified the defense and the players held to their responsibilities. The coaches coached and the players played with no confusion and breakdowns. The moral of the story: Coaching matters.

I'm guessing Mills eventually gets jettisoned and when that happens we will be solid on the Right side. Either Dawkins or Henderson will be huge upgrades.

I didnt key on Mills bit there were two plays in a row where it was impossible to miss how he, by himself, blew up two plays in a row killing a drive.

Incognito deserved to make it based on his play on the int, knocking the Jet into the ball carrier than tackling and stripping the ball, loved it..then when the other Jet jumped on Incongito he played it up for a penalty from the refs, loved the entire sequence, smart heads up play.

I made this point in another post so I apologize for the redundancy. This new staff completely revamped the defensive backfield and also changed the defensive scheme from man coverage to zone coverage. They seamlessly made this transition through the draft pick, trade and free agent acquisitions. The coaches simplified the defense and the players held to their responsibilities. The coaches coached and the players played with no confusion and breakdowns. The moral of the story: Coaching matters.

I thought you had to have a three inch playbook to be a good coach?

you can thank Rex. He brought him in.

I didnt key on Mills bit there were two plays in a row where it was impossible to miss how he, by himself, blew up two plays in a row killing a drive.

Incognito deserved to make it based on his play on the int, knocking the Jet into the ball carrier than tackling and stripping the ball, loved it..then when the other Jet jumped on Incongito he played it up for a penalty from the refs, loved the entire sequence, smart heads up play.

I thought you had to have a three inch playbook to be a good coach?

I thought that was E. Wood?

Yep! :thumbsup:

Well said. I agree.

Fundamentals and proper execution seemed to be there. McDermott focused on putting together a coaching staff that knows how to teach and I think it's already starting to show.

It also felt like most of the guys this new regime brought in all had a pretty positive impact in that game. Thats an encouraging sign.

...never liked the Richie signing initially and doubted his ability to turn it around, especially after he left OBD after picked up from Rams......the taste of crow STILL sucks and have yet to get rid of all of the damn feathers in my teeth.....this guy is a force....watching him pull and maul is a thing of beauty....