Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't put up Philly type numbers since coming here, no. If he puts up the type of numbers he did in Philly teams will know he's still got it and his trade value goes through the roof. A RB desperate team will be itching for a back that can put up big numbers like that

8 years in the league. Last season was his fourth highest yardage total, highest ypa total, and second highest td total. He had 80 less carries then he had in 2 of the 3 years with higher yardage totals and 40 less carries than the third.

Edited by Scott7975

Incentive to get his numbers up so he looks more attractive in a trade. If you think they did this out of the goodness of their hearts you are naive

well color me naive.

you are rowing out to an Island of doubt my friend. Is that your intention ?

i wish you could find some way to be enthusiastic

8 years in the league. Last season was his fourth highest yardage total, highest ypa total, and second highest td total. He had 80 less carries then he had in 2 of the 3 games with higher yardage totals and 40 less carries than the third.

School is now in session. :thumbsup:

8 years in the league. Last season was his fourth highest yardage total, highest ypa total, and second highest td total. He had 80 less carries then he had in 2 of the 3 games with higher yardage totals and 40 less carries than the third.

They want him to have MORE carries. They said it yesterday over and over. They want to show he can carry a team on his back. A monster year proves that

They want him to have MORE carries. They said it yesterday over and over. They want to show he can carry a team on his back. A monster year proves that

Shady had a monster year and practically carried the team on his back last season. He doesn't need to prove to anyone anything. The guy is a hall of famer and was 5th best from scrimmage last season. What more could he possibly do to prove he is worth any more than he is already worth. Just stop. Your conspiracy theory is half baked at best.

Was basing that in part on the the comments and in part on the inauspicious cast behind him.

Alright, fair take.

Maybe they are going to pound Tolbert to weaken the linebackers? Use Shady coming out of the backfield more often. We just don't know at this point. Very looking forward to Sunday to see what the heck this Team IS going to be doing.

I can only guess about Dennison's plans

Edited by 3rdand12

Shady had a monster year and practically carried the team on his back last season. He doesn't need to prove to anyone anything. The guy is a hall of famer and was 5th best from scrimmage last season. What more could he possibly do to prove he is worth any more than he is already worth. Just stop. Your conspiracy theory is half baked at best.

Hall of famer has nothing to do with it. He's going to be 30, he has to put up Philly type numbers this year to prove he still can. 300+ carries, a lot of catches out of the backfield, 1500+ yards rushing. Feature back by every definition.

So you think the Bills are going to carry a 30 yr old who is the highest paid RB in the league on their roster next year in the middle of a rebuild? You are dreaming. They are dumping the high contracts and high contracts for RB's are unnecessary. If they can get an asset for him so that they can rebuild they will. This is a team being built for 2-3 yrs from now

If he has that kind of 350+ carry season, I think we can call it the end of the road for shady.

We can't afford to pay Gillislee 2.5mil for his team-leading 8 TDs and league-leading 5.7 YPC last year, but we can afford to give Shady a 2.5mil raise just because?

I don't get it..

You do realize incentives are performance driven and are not guaranteed, right?

We can't afford to pay Gillislee 2.5mil for his team-leading 8 TDs and league-leading 5.7 YPC last year, but we can afford to give Shady a 2.5mil raise just because?

I don't get it..

Gillislee....pfft....Williams....pfft....We have Tolbert, Banyard, and Jones.

Haha... people will literally find anything to cry about. I knew it would be pure comedy relief stopping in tonight.

But this is just unreal.

People acting like they're taking the money from their paychecks.

Edited by likei've

So they took the amount of money they could've used to match Gillislee and they voluntarily added it to Shady's contract???????

He is one of "their guys"

Idk how they choose or select them but once they find them, they are all in on them. An aging wood, an aging McCoy, Lorenzo Alexander about to sign a 7 year extension

Haha... people will literally find anything to cry about. I knew it would be pure comedy relief stopping in tonight.

But this is just unreal.

comedy relief in other threads. did you buy milk?

He is one of "their guys"

Idk how they choose or select them but once they find them, they are all in on them. An aging wood, an aging McCoy, Lorenzo Alexander about to sign a 7 year extension

1) he's a Whaley guy (whaaaaat but we all thought *insert narrative* 2) hes not a "character guy" (whaaat we all thought *insert narrative*) 3)he's "their guy" because he's a proven elite player. You really have no idea how they found him or why they are all in on him? Edited by YoloinOhio

But this is just unreal.

I've seen few complaints he's overpaid, only that the move makes little sense and funds would be better spent elsewhere. Not unreasonable.

I've seen few complaints he's overpaid, only that the move makes little sense and funds would be better spent elsewhere. Not unreasonable.

Incentive. Not guaranteed. The money wouldn't have been spent elsewhere, and may not be spent at all.

What's so hard to grasp?

Edited by likei've

So they took the amount of money they could've used to match Gillislee and they voluntarily added it to Shady's contract???????

If I'm in the lockeroom..........I am going to the office tomorrow to get the forms to sign up for the new incentive program! :w00t:

Nothing made Jason Peters happier than seeing Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker getting paid........it showed a commitment to winning! :beer: