Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually a terrific guy. I have spent a lot of time with him over many years.

I had always assumed that before this relentless nonsense which is why I have never understood this obsession.

The more I tried to disarm him the more frustrated he'd get that I wasn't angered and the deeper he'd try to dig.......couldn't even fathom that thought process.

I actually remember asking you about him when I was at Busby's thinking I'd meet him that day but he wasn't there for that Vikings game.........any friend of Bob Lamb ya' know?

But this needs to end.......it's an embarrassment for both of us.

Good news. Demonstrates to Shady that the Bills new regime values him.

Shady was already under contract. They didn't have to do this.

...he was already valued.....give the Rockpile Beerman a raise instead......why was this such a priority?......Tolbert was a threat?......

@gmfb

.@MikeGarafolo sat down with @CutonDime25 and his @buffalobills teammates to discuss Shady's revamped outlook this season 1f4aa.png

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/906547845729308672

He sounds very incentivized about the upcoming season. It's infectious! If the Bills play well, I'll care about 40% more! Edited by Coach Tuesday

@pecrawleynfl

Here's @CutonDime25's carry chart as well. #Bills #NextGenStats

DJaJnDSV4AAxKH-.jpg

@bills_fanly

McCoy says Bills will take this win, still need to improve - ESPN Video #BuffaloBills https://fanly.link/127fc02f10

DJaysMxXgAAJicF.jpg

That chart just shows how great Shady is with space at the 2nd level. There isnt one play werr he was tackled between 10 and 20 yards. Just shows when he gets to the 2nd level he wont get tackled... he is gonna get atleast 20 yards

@YardsPerPass

McCoy for 27, really nice reach by Glenn to get the DT. Incognito and Wood clear the NT and Clay gets Jamal Adams on the backside

YearlyHonestCommongonolek.gif

@MMehtaNYDN

I don't care about fantasy stats. There is no NFL running back better than LeSean McCoy. Some as good. Nobody better.

Really hope that Shady can do big stuff at the end of his career and go onto thr HoF as a Bill rather than an Eagle

That chart just shows how great Shady is with space at the 2nd level. There isnt one play werr he was tackled between 10 and 20 yards. Just shows when he gets to the 2nd level he wont get tackled... he is gonna get atleast 20 yards

Really hope that Shady can do big stuff at the end of his career and go onto thr HoF as a Bill rather than an Eagle

Don't get your hopes up because he'll either be traded or cut before too long according to those in the know. B-)

@pecrawleynfl

Here's @CutonDime25's carry chart as well. #Bills #NextGenStats

DJaJnDSV4AAxKH-.jpg

@bills_fanly

McCoy says Bills will take this win, still need to improve - ESPN Video #BuffaloBills https://fanly.link/127fc02f10

That spray chart says it all wrt McCoy's career resurgence.....from leading the NFL in the fewest yards per touch in 2014 behind a good OL....... and laboring again in 2015 in a great run scheme.......to 5.4 ypc in 2016.

Defenses are generally too fast to outrun to the sideline now......but are smaller and more vulnerable inside.....and his short area quickness is more effective with space on both sides rather than it is hemmed to the sideline.

If the thin skinned among you weren't so LOATHE to say I was right this would be accepted for the fact it is. :beer:

did you say something stupid at one point, were proven wrong, and now refuse to admit it? i'm guessing something like this happened.

When they traded for him I said that McCoy would be out of the league at age 30 with a throw away line that he'd be doing radio.

I didn't preface it with "if he doesn't make significant changes" because I really had no reason to expect a guy who calls his coach a racist for trading him when he clearly had problems with doing what was being asked to do in that offense.

And he had subsequently had the worst ypt in the league with a ypc just a tick above league average as a 200# back in a league where most of the backs are 220#-230# and exacting a toll on teams with those similarly low ypc's.

But I did say after the Washington game where he popped an MCL after a 12 carry 24 yard debacle.....where he bottomed out the week after the embarrassment in Philly..........that he could be a 5.5 ypc back and get all the big plays MG and Karlos had gotten the following year if he got his head right.

And he did.

He publicly admitted he left those plays on the field.....and turned that humble pie into a resurgence in 2016.

But he played just as I expected in 2015........disappointing, didn't follow blocks/design of run game, nagged by wear and tear injuries, distracted from football by his divorce with Chip.

He's not likely to be in radio before age 30 now........so I was likely wrong about that......which I've said numerous times......though he is only 29. :flirt:

When they traded for him I said that McCoy would be out of the league at age 30 with a throw away line that he'd be doing radio.

I didn't preface it with "if he doesn't make significant changes" because I really had no reason to expect a guy who calls his coach a racist for trading him when he clearly had problems with doing what was being asked to do in that offense.

And he had subsequently had the worst ypt in the league with a ypc just a tick above league average as a 200# back in a league where most of the backs are 220#-230# and exacting a toll on teams with those similarly low ypc's.

But I did say after the Washington game where he popped an MCL after a 12 carry 24 yard debacle.....where he bottomed out the week after the embarrassment in Philly..........that he could be a 5.5 ypc back and get all the big plays MG and Karlos had gotten the following year if he got his head right.

And he did.

He publicly admitted he left those plays on the field.....and turned that humble pie into a resurgence in 2016.

But he played just as I expected in 2015........disappointing, didn't follow blocks/design of run game, nagged by wear and tear injuries, distracted from football by his divorce with Chip.

He's not likely to be in radio before age 30 now........so I was likely wrong about that......which I've said numerous times......though he is only 29. :flirt:

you said likely wrong, so that's not too shabby.

You said the radio line as a punchline because you 100% believed McCoy was washed up and done. You said so many, many times before he proved you wrong with his 2015 season - which, while disappointing, showed he hadn't hit the wall.

His 2014 numbers had far more to do with Chip Kelly and an early injury than it does anything else. Your analysis on that has been and continues to be wrong.

And I've pointed out the statistics numerous times that illustrate that I was correct..........and all you've done is exactly what you did there........no stats, no explanation.

Chip Kelly's offense was an explosive, big play run offense..........before the Bills lead the league in big plays, his Eagles did.

But the yards were inside.

Shady wanted to dance and take every run to the edge........and Kelly felt he couldn't change him.........got fed up and traded him.

Best thing to happen to the Bills wrt McCoy was that game in Philly........Chip had his D attack the sidelines and they shut McCoy down at his preferred game of dashing sideways........enter Gillislee......he immediately gashes them inside for a long TD.

The tape don't lie........and McCoy saw the tape and a much inferior talent in MG was outperforming him because he was following the design of Roman's offense to the weakness of the defense.

And I've pointed out the statistics numerous times that illustrate that I was correct..........and all you've done is exactly what you did there........no stats, no explanation.

Chip Kelly's offense was an explosive, big play run offense..........before the Bills lead the league in big plays, his Eagles did.

Shady wanted to dance and take every run to the edge........and Kelly felt he couldn't change him.........got fed up and traded him.

Best thing to happen to the Bills wrt McCoy was that game in Philly........Chip had his D attack the sidelines and they shut McCoy down at his preferred game of dashing sideways........enter Gillislee......he immediately gashes them inside for a long TD.

The tape don't lie........and McCoy saw the tape and a much inferior talent in MG was outperforming him because he was following the design of Roman's offense to the weakness of the defense.

I would bet anything that Gilislee himself doesn't think he outperformed Shady. You're the only one. And don't point out his average per carry because you poo-poo'd Spillers 5 yard average per carry for years.

And I've told you before during earlier rounds on this: if you only go by statistics without watching the games your analysis isn't worth much. You are too blinded by stats and not paying enough attention to what's happening between the whistles.

You know football, I don't question that. You know it enough that if you had watched the games in 2014 you would see what I saw: Chip Kelly had a maddening substitution pattern that sidelined McCoy at odd times and never let him get into any rhythm. It wasn't Shady's inability or unwillingness to go inside - he did it the year before and had a career year. What changed was Kelly's game management.

This is the fact and the biggest reason for Shady's "decline" - which was the point I made when the trade went down.

You disagreed with that so much, based on your precious stats without watching the games, that you made fun of anyone who claimed Shady was still a top 3 back in the NFL. You lashed out, trolled, ridiculed and lambasted anyone who questioned your narrative... Now a few years later you've changed your narrative completely and made yourself out to be a savant.

You aren't. Your initial read on Shady was incorrect and continues to be so. Sorry.

I would bet anything that Gilislee himself doesn't think he outperformed Shady. You're the only one. And don't point out his average per carry because you poo-poo'd Spillers 5 yard average per carry for years.

He is blinded by stats.

you said likely wrong, so that's not too shabby.

Right.......these guys want me to say I was wrong when he won't even be 30 until next year. :lol:

My reason for believing that is no longer valid, IMO......but technically I am still not even wrong yet. :doh:

There are no awards on TSW for being right.......but from a football perspective I have been almost spot-on with McCoy and it just chaps some people.

Right.......these guys want me to say I was wrong when he won't even be 30 until next year. :lol:

My reason for believing that is no longer valid, IMO......but technically I am still not even wrong yet. :doh:

There are no awards on TSW for being right.......but from a football perspective I have been almost spot-on with McCoy and it just chaps some people.

Your reason for saying he was going to be in radio before he turned thirty was because he was no longer physically able to be an NFL player. That's what you said. Not that he'd be off the Bills' roster by 30, but he'd be out of the league completely.

Only you could now say, with a straight face, that your original prediction was correct when it clearly was not.

You were wrong and continue to be.

He outperformed him touch for touch........it's not debatable.

And to EMPHASIZE the point.......he did so despite doing all the ypc killing short yardage work.

This is not really even debatable........you are going to have to move your target elsewhere.

WRT Spiller.......my issue with him was that he just ran to random areas because he was too dumb to understand where the plays were going..........again.....all-22's proved this long ago.

I laughed hysterically at the notion that he'd do well in a more sophisticated offense in NOLA.......was I wrong about that?

This is kind-of a ridiculous attack from you but I know you feel like you gotta' defend Gregg.

He outperformed him touch for touch........it's not debatable.

And to EMPHASIZE the point.......he did so despite doing all the ypc killing short yardage work.

This is not really even debatable........you are going to have to move your target elsewhere.

WRT Spiller.......my issue with him was that he just ran to random areas because he was too dumb to understand where the plays were going..........again.....all-22's proved this long ago.

I laughed hysterically at the notion that he'd do well in a more sophisticated offense in NOLA.......was I wrong about that?

This is kind-of a ridiculous attack from you but I know you feel like you gotta' defend Gregg.

:lol:

Only you could say someone questioning your football opinion on a football board is a "ridiculous attack." People can have different opinions from you without it being an attack, toughen up, badnuts.

You were wrong on Shady when the trade went down. You said he was not a top three back and that he was physically done.

Everything you've said since has been revisionist history. Which is fine and should be encouraged (people's opinions change as the information changes), if you weren't doing so by completely trying to run from your piss poor original take on Shady.

Buffalo Barbarian has had to take a lot of guff for "Mario for Skelton", but he did it with humor and people let it go. Saying Shady would be out of the league before he turned 30 and working in radio was a worse take than even that. You're going to have to own it for a long, long, long time... or until you discover a sense of humor.