Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) he's a Whaley guy (whaaaaat but we all thought *insert narrative* 2) hes not a "character guy" (whaaat we all thought *insert narrative*) 3)he's "their guy" because he's a proven elite player. You really have no idea how they found him or why they are all in on him?

1 and 2 are givens. But thanks.

3) yes but again, the process of how they choose to spend their cap space puzzles me. Take into account, age and position value, I question their long term investment in certain positions

The money never had to be offered to him at all though...

According to who, you? Why do you care? Obviously they have their reasons and maybe it's part of a bigger incentive plan they trying out?

Either way it's not our money and doesn't affect us negatively at all.

Man, Ralph's too cheap and what now Pegula's too giving? You can't win with this fanbase.

Edited by likei've

Of everyone in this thread I think you may be crying the loudest, and about the least significant thing. There's an amusing amount of irony.

Calling whiners out = crying?

Whatever gets you through the night. Fact is I'd say it to all of your faces, pretty much guarantee you wouldn't.

If I'm in the lockeroom..........I am going to the office tomorrow to get the forms to sign up for the new incentive program! :w00t:

Nothing made Jason Peters happier than seeing Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker getting paid........it showed a commitment to winning! :beer:

Literally, they got one RB for the price of two. Unbelievable!

Incentive. Not guaranteed. The money wouldn't have been spent elsewhere, and may not be spent at all.

What's so hard to grasp?

That is lost money now if Shady hits the incentives, money that Bills could have moved as unused cap space into next years cap.

Beano is a rookie moron. Mind boggling move.

Literally, they got one RB for the price of two. Unbelievable!

It is called the one ship policy. EX: We have all heard everytime Navy or Air Froce builds a shiny new toy(ship/plane) it replaces and does the job of 20 or so other toys. Extrapolating that out: Very soon Navy will be 1 ship and Air Force will be 1 plane.

As Army marketing used "Army of One"

Bills use "It Starts With One"

Soon Shady will be the "One"

Edited by cba fan

That is lost money now if Shady hits the incentives, that Bills could have moved unused cap space into next years cap.

Beano is a rookie moron. Mind boggling move.

Makes sense to me. You go to sell your flashy sports car you might spend a little extra cash to get it detailed and get a tune-up so you get the highest offer for it. Look how nice it looks, look how well it runs! Some might think thats cash out the window that you don't need to spend but you make it back when you sell it or at the very least you have a lot more people interested. I think McBeane wants to sell and they are making a small investment now to make sure they get max value later Edited by kdiggz

They're basically saying: shady, we know we're wasting your last prime years while we trust the process. You won't be winning a super bowl here in Buffalo but you can put the icing on a hall of fame career and put up monster numbers. if that's not incentive enough for you to play your heart out and help put fans in the seats, here's another 2.5 million dollars to sweeten the pot.

Classy move.

Edited by NewEra

And his production here?

Get over that too I guess.

Logical thing to do would've been to tender him a 2nd rounder so no one touches him. Bills don't do logical things.

Maybe they just really wanted the pick. Seems like McDermott is all about them. Giving up the backup rb for a 5th might seem like a great trade for him. They gave him the 5th rd tender because they knew someone would bite and would rather have the pick than shadys backup,

And his production here?

Logical thing to do would've been to tender him a 2nd rounder so no one touches him. Bills don't do logical things.

They don't seem to value the back up RB position. Giving incentives to Shady or not would have made no difference in the Gillislee decision.

Makes sense to me. You go to sell your flashy sports car you might spend a little extra cash to get it detailed and get a tune-up so you get the highest offer for it. Look how nice it looks, look how well it runs! Some might think thats cash out the window that you don't need to spend but you make it back when you sell it or at the very least you have a lot more people interested. I think McBeane wants to sell and they are making a small investment now to make sure they get max value later

But who's going to give a haul for a 30 year old back with another year of heavy use?

And his production here?

Because Blount had what 19 tds and then no one is interested in him

It's the pats he had 3 tds for 4 yards and 2 failed 4th and 1

Maybe they just really wanted the pick. Seems like McDermott is all about them. Giving up the backup rb for a 5th might seem like a great trade for him. They gave him the 5th rd tender because they knew someone would bite and would rather have the pick than shadys backup,

Or... maybe it would have never mattered as McEgo and Beano may have cut Gillesse.

Incentive pay is a very forward thinking way of managing payroll amd maximizing effort in today's manufacturing world. In my company we have instituted monthly bonus structures which has improved production, held employees accountable by both management and peers, and increased morale in the workplace. Our middle management receives a higher percentage than the hourly staff but all employees benefit from the program.

While we have only heard of the incentive pay for Shady, I would not be surprised if All players are involved in an incentive program. McD is a young man and this type of compensation is being implemented by younger business owners and managers.

I certainly don't know if this is true, but it would not surprise me.

Yeah, we're definitely trading him. :rolleyes:

It's official we're in full tank mode..

Wow Nickovich,Long and Sheard has killed that Pat's run D,and if Hightower is out for s long period,we could dominate in the trenches.

Gillisslee looked ALOT different with that OL too, put some respect on our OL

Hasn't put up Philly type numbers since coming here, no. If he puts up the type of numbers he did in Philly teams will know he's still got it and his trade value goes through the roof. A RB desperate team will be itching for a back that can put up big numbers like that

Not when you can draft Kareem Hunt in 3rd round.

To me this is amateurish GM and management in charge. There is not only no reason for it but wasted money. You don't think we could sign someone for $2.5m that would make us better?

It also implies that somehow Shady has been holding back, and there is some extra gear he has he hasn't activated before, but will for more money. That's ridiculous. Sure he will be happier. But we already did that for him. And again it implies to everyone on the team, that if you achieve individual goals you will rewarded.

I love Shady. This is not smart for the team. What if he needs 25 yards in the last game to get a million dollar bonus? That is not going to change the play calling?

To me this is amateurish GM and management in charge. There is not only no reason for it but wasted money. You don't think we could sign someone for $2.5m that would make us better?

It also implies that somehow Shady has been holding back, and there is some extra gear he has he hasn't activated before, but will for more money. That's ridiculous. Sure he will be happier. But we already did that for him. And again it implies to everyone on the team, that if you achieve individual goals you will rewarded.

I love Shady. This is not smart for the team. What if he needs 25 yards in the last game to get a million dollar bonus? That is not going to change the play calling?

I think Shady's agent has been quietly griping to Beane all offseason and they threw him a bone. Sets a TERRIBLE precedent for Beane if he's already getting bullied by agents of players who are already well under contract.

This regime is already looking shaky.

Hasn't put up Philly type numbers since coming here, no. If he puts up the type of numbers he did in Philly teams will know he's still got it and his trade value goes through the roof. A RB desperate team will be itching for a back that can put up big numbers like that

uhhhh what? his numbers from last year surpassed four of his years with philly...2015 he only played in 12 games and still put up 1100 yards from scrimmage

uhhhh what? his numbers from last year surpassed four of his years with philly...2015 he only played in 12 games and still put up 1100 yards from scrimmage

exactly, only played 12 games. shared the load with Gileslee last year. needs a solid 1500 rushing 500 receiving to be worth that contract and has to show he can be the feature back for a full season now that he's old for him to be worth a team trading for him. did you watch the game last night? Hunt for KC makes 800k per year. only an idiot pays 8 mil per for a RB. plus now a 2.5 mil incentive bonus. is McCoy 10x better than Hunt?

exactly, only played 12 games. shared the load with Gileslee last year. needs a solid 1500 rushing 500 receiving to be worth that contract and has to show he can be the feature back for a full season now that he's old for him to be worth a team trading for him. did you watch the game last night? Hunt for KC makes 800k per year. only an idiot pays 8 mil per for a RB. plus now a 2.5 mil incentive bonus. is McCoy 10x better than Hunt?

yes

I don't think you shouldn't compare Hunt to McCoy yet. Just sayin'.

Paying a 29 YO RB this much money is assine. Still baffled they rather give McCoy an extra $2 mil and Wood $8 mil per but didn't want to pay Watkins.

The Bills had the best running attack in the NFL and those 2 players were a major part of that situation.

Watkins was part of a passing game which wasn't nearly as productive.

Makes perfect sense to me.

My sentiments exactly.

And as I said in another thread.......they ALREADY re-signed/rewarded him unnecessarily ONCE in 2015 with 3 seasons still left on his Philly contract :lol: :doh: .........meaning his unamortized Philly bonus is in his pocket for 2017 too but doesn't show up in his cap figure.

With that pocketed Philly money and his bonuses he's going to be making what Lev Bell will make on the franchise tag.........with no leverage and guarantees still in hand that Lev Bell DOES NOT have.

My big concern when they signed him was that we'd see nothing more than the RB that we ended up seeing in his first year as a Bill in 2015......around league average ypc, injuries and malcontented.......they got ONE season of better play but he's still had about 100 less carries per year than expected and now he needs incentives to do what? What they gave him $26M in new guarantees for in the first place? :lol:

Billsy. :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly.

And as I said in another thread.......they ALREADY re-signed/rewarded him unnecessarily ONCE in 2015 with 3 seasons still left on his Philly contract :lol: :doh: .........meaning his unamortized Philly bonus is in his pocket for 2017 too but doesn't show up in his cap figure.

With that pocketed Philly money and his bonuses he's going to be making what Lev Bell will make on the franchise tag.........with no leverage and guarantees still in hand that Lev Bell DOES NOT have.

My big concern when they signed him was that we'd see nothing more than the RB that we ended up seeing in his first year as a Bill in 2015......around league average ypc, injuries and malcontented.......they got ONE season of better play but he's still had about 100 less carries per year than expected and now he needs incentives to do what? What they gave him $26M in new guarantees for in the first place? :lol:

Billsy. :thumbsup:

The bolded wasn't this FO. That's not a defense of this incentive bonus move, but it wasn't them twice. They didn't already do it.