Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know at the end of the day whether he learns or not it wont have any impact on anyone's life but his own. people can talk, bash, belittle or condemn him. it's still his life and those doing so will not have one ounce of impact on him, speaking of those here.

the coach made a decision, he learns from it or he doesn't.

You are correct. I can just see Dareus broke and blaming the NFL for his problems 10 yrs after retirement from the league. Im not bashing or belittling him, I truly feel sorry for him not realizing that these folks are trying to prevent him from self destruction.

Sooner or later (hopefully sooner for his sake) he realizes it.

How long are fans going to wait for this guy to get it together?

Well, since we have no authority to actually do anything.... forever? It's that or go away, and I'm not happy, but I'm not going away.

How long did it take Bruce to see the light? NOT saying he's Bruce or that will happen, but... We can hope.

You are correct. I can just see Dareus broke and blaming the NFL for his problems 10 yrs after retirement from the league. Im not bashing or belittling him, I truly feel sorry for him not realizing that these folks are trying to prevent him from self destruction.

you know, when and if he is no longer a bill, what he does with his life will be his business.

he has great potential, hopefully he learns from this?

Yeah, we should have let him walk. He was coming off an all pro season. All pro DTs are easy to find.

And we did Dareus a favor. They should sign McCoy home too. The preseason is only good for ruining seasons with injuries.

You do know there is middle ground between not signing an all-pro problem child and signing an all-pro problem child to a deal with no out clauses if the problems continue, right?

A bit dramatic, no? Sounds like the guy missed a meeting.

Most guys that know they are going to make the team, would probably pay to be sent home for preseason games. I don't know if that's even a punishment to a guy like Dareus

Yes. Team rules don't apply to Marcel Dareus.

Cincy GM after Nix drafted Dareus, leaving AJ Green for the Bengals: "It's like Christmas."

lol

Could this be a harbinger of a positive drug test? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE SO! Short of death by acute marijuana intoxication, something that appears to be legend, that may be the only way to get out from under that contract.

Somehow I bet Whaley allowed permanent drug suspension with full salary under that contract they gave him.

Dareus is a !@#$ing problem.

Surprising number of cranky people posting here today. Some seem to be suffering a delusion that they are personally on the hook for MD's money.

I know it's hard for fanboys like you to understand but Dareus's salary and signing bonus effect the rest of the roster.

Understood?

It's not his fault he has had a rough life. How dare any of you pass judgement on him when he has had so much tragedy in his life.

Caution sarcasm.

Surprised At the lack of comments like this in this thread. For years that has been the go to excuse for a lot of Bills fans justifying his repeated screw ups.

Dareus just turned 27, a lot can change. Frontal lobe for the average male is still working on developing until the mid 20's. He might be delayed due to a rough road in life. Or....it may never happen, but we don't know yet.

Edited by Augie

Dareus just turned 27, a lot can change. Frontal lobe for the average male is still working on developing until the mid 20's. He might be delayed due to a rough road in life. Or....it may never happen, but we don't know yet.

Well, if Dareus gets another drug suspension, I have to question his intelligence. Or maybe make me reconsider my thoughts about marijuana as an addictive drug. (Or both.) That would cost him millions more. But if he just continues to Albert Haynesworth his way into oblivion by putting forth a minimal effort? Seems like a lack of motivation, but given the dangers of playing NFL football, I'd chalk that up to a calculated decision to take the money and run. (Or walk really slowly in this case)