Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane on Marcell Dareus: "Obviously a guy with his contract status, you would hope that he would be a better leader than that."

More Brandon Beane on Dareus: "Hopefully he learns from it and moves on and continues to be a Buffalo Bill." #Bills

His 22m in dead money NEXT year. 38m if cut this offseason.

The "continue to be a bill" line probably is not productive.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't let the inmates run the asylum. Some say. Do you think these constant screw ups would be tolerated in belichicks

system ?

Belichick is more than happy to tolerate Gronkowski's insanity and distractions.

He drafted and played a guy who was convicted for murder. He signed Randy Moss when no one in the league wanted anything to do with him. He signed LaGarrette Blount to his team twice, the 2nd after was suspended and then basically quit on the Steelers.

Belichick as a disciplinarian is a myth. His only measurement of a player is how they perform on the field.

McDermott is following in Dick Jauron's footsteps, not Belichick's.

I hear ya. I've historically liked and supported Dareus. I wan't him to dominate. But man it's a struggle with him lately.

It is. I agree.

I just don't know that this regime has proven themselves either though. It'll be an interesting situation to watch. It's possible they came in with a target on him given their process and his history and this wasn't incredibly serious from his end.

It is. I agree.

I just don't know that this regime has proven themselves either though. It'll be an interesting situation to watch. It's possible they came in with a target on him given their process and his history and this wasn't incredibly serious from his end.

Agreed.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

·

38s

Bills new regime doing yeoman's work trying to change culture here. Loosey-goosey Rex Ryan days long over. Dareus long been an issue

I see this all the time. Bad leaders suffer the bad consequences of their loosey-goosiness all the time.

Good leaders are principled. They're fair. They're caring. But they're firm about their standards and unafraid to law down the law.

I don't know what Dareus did but I'm glad we have a coach who's going to stand up for what he believes in and not let the inmates run the prison.

This kid doesn't get it. Make the moves needed and trade his ass already.

Maybe he didnt want to play in a fake game.

Not justifying him, but if he is going to be selfish rather he do it now when these games mean nothing.

You really have no out with him anyway until end of Next year. Such a horrible contract.

Not justifying him, but if he is going to be selfish rather he do it now when these games mean nothing.

You really have no out with him anyway until end of Next year. Such a horrible contract.

Any idea why he was late, given that I'm sure they traveled together and were at a team hotel? Seems odd. Was it a barely missed the bus ala Hughes last year and Uber hit traffic? Or he totally MIA all day?

One would hope that after missing so many games last season for being an idiot, he would be amped up this season to redeem himself.

I see this all the time. Bad leaders suffer the bad consequences of their loosey-goosiness all the time.

Good leaders are principled. They're fair. They're caring. But they're firm about their standards and unafraid to law down the law.

I don't know what Dareus did but I'm glad we have a coach who's going to stand up for what he believes in and not let the inmates run the prison.

He was late to the game. Showed up at 5 and most of the team already on field stretching.