Bold prediction : Tyrod will get traded if...

Steptide

Deuce put it in the end-zone.... He had some terrible throws, but much of what he did looked good.

Some good and some bad. Not a bad debut in his 1st game action against 3rd and 4th string guys. He got the promotion to #2 primarily because Yates was flat out awful.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was actually pondering whether or not peterman might be a better "fit" for this offense eventually. his strengths seem to be more in step with this west coast-ish offense, and especially after they traded sammy away and picked up what many are calling another "possession type" receiver in matthews. with a strong run game and an increased emphasis in the short to intermediate throws (conceivably over the middle), might peterman (whom all the expert draft guys were calling the most nfl ready qb) be the guy to run this offense until "the guy" is selected by the new staff?

They will trade Tyrod Taylor if he starts playing like a franchise qb. That way they could easily sell him for draft picks. I guess the team with the most draft picks win or something. So if the Bills can get 20 picks in 7 round draft, theyre the best. Draft picks. Smh

Peterman has another solid game this Thursday. After the Sammy trade, I don't put anything past the bills front office. I have no doubt if Peterman plays well again on Thursday, they will trade Tyrod, assuming another team is willing.

My guess is they would feel they can get the same production out of Peterman as they can Tyrod, minus the running.

Thoughts?

I could see it happening but not expecting it.

I think the Broncos would trade for him in a heartbeat.

Fingers crossed

I read TSW before I watched the first preseason game. Based on the comments here, I thought he had a stellar game.

When I actually watched it, I was sorely disappointed. I'm not sure I understand the love for this guy. He looked like Jeff Tuel.

Some good and some bad. Not a bad debut in his 1st game action against 3rd and 4th string guys. He got the promotion to #2 primarily because Yates was flat out awful.

What's most interesting with young QB's is to track their rate of improvement from one iteration to the next.... Do they step it up? -Can they build on it?... And finally, can they oust the incumbent?

If the answer is yes to the first two, the third is all but guaranteed.

Edited by #34fan

Anything's possible after Black Friday. That said, completing a few passes against 3rd and 4th stringers doesn't cement Peterman as a starter. If it does then we are in full tank mode.

Agree. Anything is possible and they will trade anyone. I wanted to keep Sammy but I like having a billion draft picks, I just hope they pay off and they dont draft garbage. We dont know how good Beane is at drafting yet.

If they are going full tank they really should start Peterman all season and see how good he gets

What would the Bills get? Chad Kelly?

:lol::lol:

That would be cool but they would never bring him cuz of the 'character' bs

Peterman has another solid game this Thursday. After the Sammy trade, I don't put anything past the bills front office. I have no doubt if Peterman plays well again on Thursday, they will trade Tyrod, assuming another team is willing.

My guess is they would feel they can get the same production out of Peterman as they can Tyrod, minus the running.

Thoughts?

I would love for this to happen and I'll tell you why .

1- that means Peterman has a potential to be our starting QB , and it would give us a ( sample ) 16 games to decide

and if he is , wouldn't that be great if we could go in to next year's draft knowing we already have our QB ?

And having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds we could build a monster of a team around him

I think the Broncos would trade for him in a heartbeat.

Agree 100% I was just about to say that

A playoff contending team loses their starting QB for the year in preseason. Bucs, Cowboys, Colts, Titans, and Panthers come to mind. If we could get a 1st round pick for him like the Vikings did last year for Bradford that would be the best case scenario.

Trading Tyrod will be proper definition of "tanking". But I don't know if there is much of a market for him. Who's going to give picks for him? Ravens? And what are they going to get in return? Sammy got a 2nd rounder. Darby an elite corner got 3rd rounder. This rookie GM is getting fleeced by old vets. Tyrod might get a 6th rounder. TT is a serviceable QB. Keep him to keep the seat warm until a franchise QB can be drafted and trained.

But, anything's possible.

Peterman needs at least 1 season to learn behind Taylor.

He needs 2-3 seasons until he can become Kirk Cousins and that's his ceiling. There are good things about him I like. Not right now with that noodle arm. Show me he can drill the ball 30 yards downfield and hit a receiver in stride.

This is now the 2nd thread on this topic, so I'll make the same point I made in the other. There would be several problems with this scenario.

It would be an even more blatant communication of an intention to tank than even anything the Sabres did. Tyrod is under long-term contract and was just in the pro-bowl, dumping him to play a 5th round rookie would be the ultimate disrespect to fans and the players that remain. How do you explain that to Kyle Williams or Shady or Ritchie?

The team would be playing in front of low crowds and have no team unity, getting destroyed on talk radio every day. At that point you also have to try to trade Shady. I'm not sure if there's a punishment the league could put on a team for practically deliberately trying to lose. And how do you justify that action to any player that got hurt with either a season or career ending injury, while you're tanking?? Players are being diagnosed w/ CTE and having life threatening repercussions from putting it all on the line in football games... to tank?? Who would ever want to play for a FO that did that? The careers of football players is shorter and more fragile than any other sport.

I get the two trades.... unclear how healthy Sammy really is and whether he could be re-signed at the end of the year. By the articles I've read, Darby wasn't a fit nor buying into the new system. If those are the reasons to move them then that's fine. To run a fire sale during training camp is not possible.

I don't think the Front Office would recover from doing a move like that.

Edited by cage

Thoughts?

I think this is a hot take and not even the least bit likely.

I do not think the Front Office thinks that TT is the future at QB, but I think they plan to make use of him for the year and see what happens. Then there are a bunch of FA veterans available and the draft next year and I think they will bring in some QBs to lead this team.

Trading Tyrod will be proper definition of "tanking". But I don't know if there is much of a market for him. Who's going to give picks for him? Ravens? And what are they going to get in return? Sammy got a 2nd rounder. Darby an elite corner got 3rd rounder. This rookie GM is getting fleeced by old vets. Tyrod might get a 6th rounder. TT is a serviceable QB. Keep him to keep the seat warm until a franchise QB can be drafted and trained.

But, anything's possible.

He needs 2-3 seasons until he can become Kirk Cousins and that's his ceiling. There are good things about him I like. Not right now with that noodle arm. Show me he can drill the ball 30 yards downfield and hit a receiver in stride.

I know your trolling, but Getting a second for a WR is good value - significantly better WRs have been traded for 4th round picks or higher. So the fact that we got a replacement player and a second was fine.

Philadelphia got fleeced - as Darby has been anything but elite and would not have been good in this defense.

I think we got back enough value to justify the trades and the players were sauce on top.

If they start Peterman with this atrocious pass blocking OL he will be killed on the field by the 4th game. That will kill his development.

C Jones looked better than Peterman in the first game he played in preseason also.

Edited by cba fan

Im one of those that feel NP can be a great QB for us but I agree with you. Sept 2017 baring a TT injury would be bad for him

I don't see that, but hopefully I'm wrong. Roll with TT this season and draft a potential franchise QB in 2018.

If they start Peterman with this atrocious pass blocking OL he will be killed on the filed by the 4th game. That will kill his development.

C Jones looked better than Peterman in the first game he played in preseason also.

I watched Jones a bit in that game and he was 2 for 9 for 50 yards. I wasn't impressed and he still looks very raw to my eyes.

I don't see that, but hopefully I'm wrong. Roll with TT this season and draft a potential franchise QB in 2018.

I watched Jones a bit in that game and he was 2 for 9 for 50 yards. I wasn't impressed and he still looks very raw to my eyes.

I'm guessing he meant Jones' 1st preseason game with Bills.

Gilmore...White & comp pick

Gillislee...Williams

Sammy...Matthews & 2nd

Darby...Gaines & 3rd

Money saved helped bring in Hyde, Dimarco, Holmes, Hodges, Poyer, Tolbert and Haushka plus an additional 3 picks in top 80 to pair with our own 3.

Sorry no tank.

Wish there were more who have the ability to look past the front page news.

Well said.

Will we get a comp pick for Gilmore?

I thought that was the plan. ..then black friday happened and now nothing is sacred every thing is up for grabs. I might send mcbeane a 1st round marty pick for Kim Pegula

I don't think so...if project Trevor over 16 games last year he would have hit 3900 yards, something like 25 TD's with only like 12 INTs. He wasn't exactly a disaster, and they still like Paxton...and MOST importantly, they both know the offense and the players. I would seriously doubt they would rock the ship this close to the season without an injury. If they wanted to trade for TT they would have long made an offer a while ago, and I would thing we would have either heard about it if they did or we would have accepted if it was decent.

If the Bills are 2-5 and a playoff team loses their QB to injury like the Vikings last year would you trade Tyrod? and for what. Have to get at least a 2nd rounder or a 3rd and 5th round pick.

First, at 2-5 the season isn't lost (yet) so unless the reason for the losses is Taylor the answer is no. Firmly convinced we have something in Peterman, just not yet. Mop up duty and garbage time are fine. Let the kid learn the right way. Don't really care if we get anything for Taylor or just let him hit free agency.

This will almost certainly NEVER happen. Peterman would have to light the 2nd stringers on fire to even have a shot to even get looked at as a number one and he is way to green for that. Could he go into the season as the 2nd string clipboard holder......maybe. But they would need to see some solid, solid work and consistency out of him through the rest of the preseason and even then being a rookie I just don't see that happening.

Part of me thought the bills were in re build mode after the trades last week, but you don't stop practice in the middle of it and yell at your team for not practicing well if you're in "tank" mode.

They're not practicing well?