Greatest WR you've seen in your lifetime

major

All this talk about Watkins got me thinking about the best receiver I've ever seen in the NFL. I'm going with Randy Moss. I've seen Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Drew Pearson, etc... But Randy was the best I've seen. Yours?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Moss

What do you scream out when you make a big catch over someone? Riced? No

Mossed!

Man I can't believe I'm saying Moss over Jerry but those 2 are it

Changed my answer!

1) Jerry rice

2) randy moss

Edited by Buffalo716

I like the question. I'd probably say Randy Moss, too. I think Rice is a very close second. T. Owens also impressed me, but I think his antics taints it a bit. If Odell wasn't such a headcase, he can/could be something special, too. That pass he caught is still unbelievable!

But, speed, cut, pattern, and longevity, Moss and Rice.

It's gotta be one of Rice, Moss, or Calvin Johnson.

If you told me to pick one of the 3 in their prime for my team, I actually think I'd go with Megatron.

Nobody ever had the combination of size, speed, and hands like he did.

It was almost unfair when he was on the field

Randy Moss

Yup.

In his only season playing with a top QB he set the all time NFL touchdown record. Imagine if he had played with Montana and Young his entire career like Rice did.

I remember John Madden saying once that even if Randy Moss is double covered on a deep route you should still throw it to him because he'll make the play more often than not.

Edited by vincec

All this talk about Watkins got me thinking about the best receiver I've ever seen in the NFL. I'm going with Randy Moss. I've seen Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Drew Pearson, etc... But Randy was the best I've seen. Yours?

Sterling Sharpe. Dude was uncoverable...double teamed, triple teamed, didn't matter, he still got open.

He would have put up ridiculous numbers if his career wasn't cut short by injury...he was more talented than his brother, Shannon Sharpe...

Jerry Rice once said his favorite receiver was Andre Reed.

Kind of. He was asked who besides Jerry Rice, is the best WR in the nfl. And he answered Andre reed!

I'm changing my answer!

I'm switching Moss for Jerry!

Moss was more gifted but I'm gonna switch it to the GOAT

As in the Greatest football player of all time.

He was phenomenal at 40 and at 23

Edited by Buffalo716

Yup.

In his only season playing with a top QB he set the all time NFL touchdown record. Imagine if he had played with Montana and Young his entire career like Rice did.

I remember John Madden saying once that even if Randy Moss is double covered on a deep route you should still throw it to him because he'll make the play more often than not.

Moss played with Brady for 4 seasons. And he averaged about as many touchdowns as he did in his seven seasons with Culpepper. Oh and Rice averaged more touchdowns per game in his record-setting TD season.

The best was easily Jerry Rice. The most talented is another question, but that's Randy Moss.

This. Saw mentions of Larry Fitz and T.O as well which I agree with.

I'd also have to throw Cris Carter in the mix. Guy had the best hands i've ever seen. But overall i'd go with Jerry.

Edited by CDogg20

Moss played with Brady for 4 seasons. And he averaged about as many touchdowns as he did in his seven seasons with Culpepper. Oh and Rice averaged more touchdowns per game in his record-setting TD season.

Well, 3.25 in New England and one of those with cassell

In the 2 full seasons with Brady the average is 18 tds, which would've been his best season in minny.

Moss then Rice. Two different eras. One played in a less pass centric era with two of the greatest QBs of all time and was spectacular. The other played in a more pass-oriented era and dominated (as did Rice) but was physically a better, more dominant player. And I grew up through both and hated Moss as a person. Undeniable as a WR.

It's Jerry Rice for me, no question.

Moss then Rice. Two different eras. One played in a less pass centric era with two of the greatest QBs of all time and was spectacular. The other played in a more pass-oriented era and dominated (as did Rice) but was physically a better, more dominant player. And I grew up through both and hated Moss as a person. Undeniable as a WR.

I actually didn't mind Moss as a person. Even more so after watching the 30 for 30 on him. He got screwed over in his college days and seems like a decent guy.

Unless you are younger than 35, it should be Jerry Rice and it's not even close.

Andre Reed was every bit as good as Jerry Rice, so for me it's Andre Reed, and greatest non-Bills WR goes to Calvin Johnson, AKA Megatron. He was better than any WR I ever remember watching. FORGET HOF NUMBERS... his talent was so huge and he was so unbelievably awesome him retiring early was very sad.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan