How pissed is Shady McCoy?

KingRex

If I'm him, I say trade me or watch me go into a funk. I did my best to talk Mac and others to come here because I believed McDermott/Beane were planning to both walk and chew gum by building for the future, but start by building a winning ethic.

These trades have clearly set the tone for what we are shooting for in 2017 (which is 2018). For Bills fans the Sabres are looking good right now.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all we know, the vibe may be very different in the locker room.

They still have their QB and great running game. Plus Boldin and a promising young WR.

White looks good and they grabbed a vet.

I'm just painting an optimistic picture that Shady and other players may see.

If I'm him, I say trade me or watch me go into a funk. I did my best to talk Mac and others to come here because I believed McDermott/Beane were planning to both walk and chew gum by building for the future, but start by building a winning ethic.

These trades have clearly set the tone for what we are shooting for in 2017 (which is 2018). For Bills fans the Sabres are looking good right now.

He was my first thought. Then I thought of Kyle Williams. Thought he brought him back and said he wasn't going to tear apart the team...

Yep, poor Kyle Williams such a loyal Soldier. Would not surprise me if he hands in his retirement papers this week.

Nah.

2017 payouts

$6.3 million (base salary)

$500,000 (roster bonus, due on Day 5 of 2017 league year)

Doubt he walks away from $6mil because he likely won't make the playoffs this year.

I can't imagine the locker room being happy with these moves.

Hard to tell. He might really like Matthews and who knows what goes on in the relationships in the locker room. Maybe, Watkins were rubbing players the wrong ways.

Matthews isn't even practicing full time because of a bad knee. Gaines is second string.

I wouldn't be surprised if neither guy was well liked in the locker room.

So you make up stuff to fit the story?

You guys crack me up.

Gaines and Darby are pretty much an even swap. The guys in the locker will see that immediately.

Watkins is a potential superstar that has not been healthy and has not delivered. He will be a tough loss, from a game planning standpoint we are easier to play against. However, we picked up a good young WR plus we have Boldin. Watkins has not been anywhere near the player we hoped for when we traded another #1 to move up and get him. Blame it on injuries and blame it on the QB but he was gone anyway after the season.

Stockpiling the 2nd and a 3rd picks next year is the smart move.

Shady played with Jordan Mathews didnt he?

Didn't McCoy play with Matthews in Philly?

Maybe he's excited about having him.

It's not like they just traded good players for picks. They also got good player(s) back in return. Matthews is a damn good WR. Gaines we will have to wait and see I guess, but he's definitely not a scrub. I read that Darby had been struggling. McDermott has done a great job in his career with the defensive secondary, so I'll just have to trust him for now on this one. I didn't fully understand that Darby trade, but I'm willing to wait and see.

He is not pissed at all... he has played with Matthews before and wont bad mouth a friend and say we got worse. He will talk about how Jordan Matthews is super productive... even more productive than Watkins. Watkins is clearly better but ill take the player who produces consistantly and can stay on the field

Kyle Williams should be more pissed. I remember the days when we used to get McCoy for Kiki off a major injury and Jerry Hughes for Sheppard. Now we are getting EJ Gaines for Sammy! A new regime!

Boldin, Mathews, and Streater are all excellent blockers and move the chain players. This is setting up for an even better rushing team this season. I think Shady likes the deal

If the entire defense is crowding the line because you have no deep threat, it's going to be hard to run the ball.

Kyle Williams should be more pissed. I remember the days when we used to get McCoy for Kiki off a major injury and Jerry Hughes for Sheppard. Now we are getting EJ Gaines for Sammy! A new regime!

If the entire defense is crowding the line because you have no deep threat, it's going to be hard to run the ball.

True to a degree. Then again the air raid offense is all the rage. We didn't have a healthy Sammy last year. To me Mathews, Boldin, Zay, Streater, Clay, O'Leary looks better to me then last years wideouts

Are matthews and zay slow or something?

Yep, poor Kyle Williams such a loyal Soldier. Would not surprise me if he hands in his retirement papers this week.

Talk about a dog who keeps getting kicked only to come back for more.

Exactly right.

We're acting as if Sammy Watkins has been a factor in the Bills' offense... He was great in college, and has great talent, but he's constantly injured, and when he is "healthy" it's never 100% healthy so he is in essence an average receiver when he's out there. They got another solid WR and CB, plus a couple extra picks next year. I say this was a good day for the team.

Edited by Mad Mike

Why because they brought in a productive and healthy WR?

And a respectable zone CB

Not to mention the picks with it.

Beane got good value for both Watkins and Darby, likey both not in long term plans either

Edited by MAJBobby