Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had great receivers for the two years he's been starting. He's also had one of the best running backs in football.

If Maclin were younger, I'd be all for this - with the belief that we'll have a new QB next year via the draft. Even if it's via FA, I'm confident that McBeano will upgrade at QB next year. I just think we're a couple seasons from being a legitimately good football team. And Maclin will be at the end of his career by then.

Hahaha. Absolutely clueless.

This is why you can't take the Tyrod haters seriously. No willingness to deal with reality.

It's old and tireless

It is old... I just want the dude to succeed.. I give jm a hard time because he brings tt up so much.. We all want the dude to succeed.. Just give him a bunch of weapons and hope the D improves..

Hahaha. Absolutely clueless.

This is why you can't take the Tyrod haters seriously. No willingness to deal with reality.

Gug is still sitting Shiva over EJ Manuel.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 3h3 hours ago

More

Whatever money #Bills are thinking about spending on Maclin, Id hold off to see what it might take to get Eric Decker here. Better player

Disagree here with Sal.

For sure. They're pretty close, IMO, and I think the stats will show that. If I had to guess, I bet they'd both average out to somewhere around 65 catches and 900 yards per season for their fully healthy seasons. Decker probably has more TD since he got to play a couple years with Manning when he was racking them up.

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 3h3 hours ago

More

Whatever money #Bills are thinking about spending on Maclin, Id hold off to see what it might take to get Eric Decker here. Better player

Disagree here with Sal.

He's still hoping to find a way to be right about Maclin leaving town without a deal. :thumbsup: Edited by H2o

Congratulations to all you posters. This is one amazing thread. Just a bunch of Bills fans hangin out, hopin for some news. In the meantime, shootin the breeze about whatever interests them.

I check in every few minutes to see if there's any news, and the conversation's taken another turn.

Quite entertaining. Great job!

For sure. They're pretty close, IMO, and I think the stats will show that. If I had to guess, I bet they'd both average out to somewhere around 65 catches and 900 yards per season for their fully healthy seasons. Decker probably has more TD since he got to play a couple years with Manning when he was racking them up.

I think Maclin is a better fit personally, but I hope that they don't break the bank for him.

Decker might be the better possession receiver, and therefore he might be more valuable in the Bills offense. Maclin's more explosive.

Like the thread I posted on Whaley and you complained about it-that one lasted quite awhile. sorry. Better think before you post.

Lol. Lots of stupid threads last a long time. Doesn't mean that posting duplicate threads is a good thing to do.

David Harris was released.....posted in a Jeremy Maclin thread. Please explain why that makes sense.

For sure. They're pretty close, IMO, and I think the stats will show that. If I had to guess, I bet they'd both average out to somewhere around 65 catches and 900 yards per season for their fully healthy seasons. Decker probably has more TD since he got to play a couple years with Manning when he was racking them up.RYs

Decker's Avg per year is about - 55 Recs 750 Rys 7 TDs (7 seasons)

Maclin's Avg Per year is about - 67 Recs 913 RYs 6.5 TD (7 seasons)

We are past the point of this being upsetting if we somehow blow it. Maclin makes this offense very interesting. If Tyrod can't spread the ball all around the field with these weapons...then we will know all we need to know about him. It also would be nice to have another playmaker incase Tyrod struggles and Yates has to play. Yates will find the playmakers, wether it's pretty or not.

We are past the point of this being upsetting if we somehow blow it. Maclin makes this offense very interesting. If Tyrod can't spread the ball all around the field with these weapons...then we will know all we need to know about him. It also would be nice to have another playmaker incase Tyrod struggles and Yates has to play. Yates will find the playmakers, wether it's pretty or not.

starting to remind me a little of the Mario situation...

I think Maclin is a better fit personally, but I hope that they don't break the bank for him.

I also think he's a better fit

Decker's Avg per year is about - 55 Recs 750 Rys 7 TDs (7 seasons)

Maclin's Avg Per year is about - 67 Recs 913 RYs 6.5 TD (7 seasons)

Does that include 2016 for Decker where he only played a few games? Also IIRC he didn't have much playing time as a rookie. If you take those two years out I bet the averages are pretty similar

I wonder what the dynamic of these visits is. Do players fake interest during a visit even after the team their visiting no longer has their interest? Do the team reps fake it once they're no longer interested? How do they communicate that they're both really interested?

Seems like dating.

I also think he's a better fit

Does that include 2016 for Decker where he only played a few games? Also IIRC he didn't have much playing time as a rookie. If you take those two years out I bet the averages are pretty similar

That it does. I did it off by season and not games. I could do that.

Decker's release is the perfect opportunity to close this deal now..The market changed this afternoon to slightly more of a buyers market. If the Bills didn't change their offer its a show of good faith. Take it now Maclin...over the last glass of wine...seal the deal.

Decker's release is the perfect opportunity to close this deal now..The market changed this afternoon to slightly more of a buyers market. If the Bills didn't change their offer its a show of good faith. Take it now Maclin...over the last glass of wine...seal the deal.

It can't HURT our position. Is our luck changing? It IS about time!

I hope Ravens go after Decker maybe even trade for him tomorrow. Will let some air out of the Macklin Balloon . He's not going to Cleveland or San Francisco for more money. He can play with Shady in Buffalo

Actually I would try to get Decker to come in for a visit , personally I would much rather have Decker

Lol. Lots of stupid threads last a long time. Doesn't mean that posting duplicate threads is a good thing to do.

David Harris was released.....posted in a Jeremy Maclin thread. Please explain why that makes sense.

Did you ever have a conversation that started on one topic and got diverted and then back to the original topic. It's not that unusual, that's how conversations evolve. Something what is said brings up another topic.... I don't know why this upsets so many people here. I've heard this criticism a few times, seems kind of a silly complaint. We're not saving the world here, just some banter back and forth.

Edited by klos63