Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets funny when they try to say Maclin won't make the team better because of Tyrod. That's totally asinine. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving in Cleveland!! They so desperately want Tyrod to be awful (even though all of them will say "I hope I'm wrong...").

Who said Maclin wouldn't make the team better? Of course he will. They will still finish below .500, so what's the point?

And wanting Tyrod to be awful has never been my thing. He's done a fine job of it without any negative vibes from me, man.

Who said Maclin wouldn't make the team better? Of course he will. They will still finish below .500, so what's the point?

And wanting Tyrod to be awful has never been my thing. He's done a fine job of it without any negative vibes from me, man.

47 Tds, 15 turnovers, 1000 yards rushing is not awful . Sorry.

Don't forget about Hunter.

The ones who played the most were open ALL SEASON LONG. They did their jobs.

Charles Clay led the team last year with 3 drops.

Open receivers just didn't get opportunities.

Now everyone wants a more expensive open receiver ... who won't get opportunities.

You do realize that we're running a different offense than the last 2 years? Yes, Tyrod is still the QB but the offense is different. We'll be throwing more this season than we did last year. Will tyrod be able to hit the WRs is another story, but they'll be utilized more imo

47 Tds, 15 turnovers, 1000 yards rushing is not awful . Sorry.

The stats are beautiful. Not even kidding.

If he could do it when it mattered most, we'd be talking about a great QB.

If he could play 12 games/year the way he played vs. Seattle, we'd have our guy. Unfortunately, he plays ~2 of those games/year.

I just don't think adding Maclin makes this team a lot better - even though he's a great WR.

This isn't all about Tyrod. I don't think the defense will be any better than last year. I know that the Ryan Bros. being gone helps, but they let some on-field talent go, too. New system, new players. If the offense does their lightening-speed 3 and outs like they have for the past two seasons, the defense will be screwed, anyway.

My bottom line is that Maclin would make sense if the price was right to land him for a few years and he was young enough to still be an impact player in 2019 or 2020.

Maclin is more of a "win now" pickup, and the Bills simply aren't ready to win now, in my opinion. For lots of reasons ... not just the QB.

You do realize that we're running a different offense than the last 2 years? Yes, Tyrod is still the QB but the offense is different. We'll be throwing more this season than we did last year. Will tyrod be able to hit the WRs is another story, but they'll be utilized more imo

You really think this is a good thing?

Hie many games did the defense also win last year.

Either way yes the Scheme is better for the DL (but all a year older specially Kyle). Shaq should be better back in a 4-3. Hughes as well.

Ragland is blah slow backer already coming off a Knee. And a 3-4 guy not expecting much

DBs are worse i get the scheme should help as scheme does disguise weaknesses. However healthy Williams was just as good if not better than Hyde. Poyer is trash.

So comes to a Rookie vs Gilmore and Darby playing in Zones.

Coaching is better. But talent IMO is less. So i stans by my prediction without Maclin this is a 6 win team at best (obviously like all seasons plus/minus a couple games).

So adding Maclin does what? Wouldnt the cap space rollover be more beneficial when the team is actually built better?

And what does that matter. I am talking about the people crowning all these Bills rookies that will start (because talent is less than last year) and call them better

you mean like you are crowning mahomes as a franchise qb already

Oh and don't forget 47tds, 15 turnovers, and 1000 yards rushing and what tyrod did with sammy in 2015 and the games we coulda and shoulda won.. classic jm lines..

29 games played and those are his stats. they are far from awful like you think.

The stats are beautiful. Not even kidding.

If he could do it when it mattered most, we'd be talking about a great QB.

If he could play 12 games/year the way he played vs. Seattle, we'd have our guy. Unfortunately, he plays ~2 of those games/year.

I just don't think adding Maclin makes this team a lot better - even though he's a great WR.

This isn't all about Tyrod. I don't think the defense will be any better than last year. I know that the Ryan Bros. being gone helps, but they let some on-field talent go, too. New system, new players. If the offense does their lightening-speed 3 and outs like they have for the past two seasons, the defense will be screwed, anyway.

My bottom line is that Maclin would make sense if the price was right to land him for a few years and he was young enough to still be an impact player in 2019 or 2020.

Maclin is more of a "win now" pickup, and the Bills simply aren't ready to win now, in my opinion. For lots of reasons ... not just the QB.

You really think this is a good thing?

As far as the defense, I don't see how they can't be better. The Coaching alone should make them better.

OMG. Who right now is better than Woods.

Sammy = Sammy. So who is better at No2 right now.

If you cant answer then WR< than last year on paper. See how that works

I had already answered it responding to each position 2 pages before

And a healthy Sammy Watkins makes our WR group better then a WR group with an injured Sammy Watkins

And if you don't want to search for it I will repeat it

If zay can get similar production of woods then I think it's the same but who knows with a rookie. but a healthy sammy should open up a lot more and create more production