Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what? Another win? It's a waste of money at this juncture.

And John - I never said we had a "few" areas that need improvement.

There isn't an area on this team where we DON'T need improvement.

An upgrade over Robert Woods isn't turning the Bills around, guys. We're talking about a #2 receiver and we don't even have a QB who will be able to find/hit him.

Why is this so !@#$ing difficult?

Maclin is a speedster and TT is the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. But yeah, Maclin won't get the ball. SMH

Its because people want to hold hope this is a playoff team its not

No, because you improve your team any chance you get.

HOF and elite QBs are very difficult to find. TT is the best we have had in a long time. You work with him until better comes along, unless you know of a special at the corner store on these types of QBs.

There was one Mahomes. But Bills elected to pass. (Not killing em for it). But if AVG i can see them bringing TT here next year and using those two 1st on other positions. Why can is see that, because that is what the Bills do

There was one Mahomes. But Bills elected to pass. (Not killing em for it). But if AVG i can see them bringing TT here next year and using those two 1st on other positions. Why can is see that, because that is what the Bills do

What makes you say that Mahomes was even an elite QB, much less HOF?

Maclin is a speedster and TT is the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. But yeah, Maclin won't get the ball. SMH

No, because you improve your team any chance you get.

So Maclin on a 1 year contract is Awesome. Yes. Only way this works is 3 years otherwise why are you doing it.

What makes you say that Mahomes was even an elite QB, much less HOF?

Mahomes is a franchise QB based on what i have seen. Has some work but is a very top end QB to build around

Wait a minute, you give Jones no credentials in being better than Woods, and yet you give another college NFL rookie an elite level status. OK.

Yes coaching ans Defense and QB play did.

So we upgraded Coaching and pushed at best at Defense and QB.

Now add in the much harder schedule it is at best a 6 win team. So does Maclin change that? If not than keep the space and roll it into next year. (ASSET MANAGEMENT)

I don't know if it is a push at defense. That goes back to the coaching which is what you ignore in this discussion. Maclin on the team last year probably doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe a 1 game difference. But if the defense is moderately better, maybe that's another 1 win more than last year. Don't have EJ Manuel start a game, that's another win. Now we're up to 10 wins. Obviously winning doesn't really work like that, but you see my point. Little improvements here and there add up to playoffs. I don't see anyone saying Maclin alone makes our team a playoff contender, you're just arguing against that point because it's easier than what people are really saying.

Wow, if true McD and the boys have been busy. Instead of overpaying guys like Zach Brown, we were conservative, stuck to our guns and ended up finding Hodges. KC cutting Maclin is just another reason why being patient pays off. This would be a huge pick up. Sammy, Maclin, Zay, Holmes... and the rest. That is a much better WR group than we have had in a very long time.

very long time indeed.

Folks forget how horrific it has been these last couple years

Wait a minute, you give Jones no credentials in being better than Woods, and yet you give another college NFL rookie an elite level status. OK.

Yes i think Mahomes is a franchise QB and will be a top end QB in this league.

@hinesmantrophy

Haven't seen it confirmed by either party yet but looks like Maclin is headed to Buffalo for a visit with the #Bills

Thanks for posting the info. No more arguing in this thread for me, just want to see if this happens at this point.

I don't know if it is a push at defense. That goes back to the coaching which is what you ignore in this discussion. Maclin on the team last year probably doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe a 1 game difference. But if the defense is moderately better, maybe that's another 1 win more than last year. Don't have EJ Manuel start a game, that's another win. Now we're up to 10 wins. Obviously winning doesn't really work like that, but you see my point. Little improvements here and there add up to playoffs. I don't see anyone saying Maclin alone makes our team a playoff contender, you're just arguing against that point because it's easier than what people are really saying.

Hie many games did the defense also win last year.

Either way yes the Scheme is better for the DL (but all a year older specially Kyle). Shaq should be better back in a 4-3. Hughes as well.

Ragland is blah slow backer already coming off a Knee. And a 3-4 guy not expecting much

DBs are worse i get the scheme should help as scheme does disguise weaknesses. However healthy Williams was just as good if not better than Hyde. Poyer is trash.

So comes to a Rookie vs Gilmore and Darby playing in Zones.

Coaching is better. But talent IMO is less. So i stans by my prediction without Maclin this is a 6 win team at best (obviously like all seasons plus/minus a couple games).

So adding Maclin does what? Wouldnt the cap space rollover be more beneficial when the team is actually built better?

But just like Jones, he's an unproven rookie.

And what does that matter. I am talking about the people crowning all these Bills rookies that will start (because talent is less than last year) and call them better

Shocker this thread was turned into a bash Tyrod thread by the usuals.

It gets funny when they try to say Maclin won't make the team better because of Tyrod. That's totally asinine. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving in Cleveland!! They so desperately want Tyrod to be awful (even though all of them will say "I hope I'm wrong...").