Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

we get it you think the bills suck.

I would take zjones and maclin over woods and goodwin 100% of the time, not sure how or why anyone would say different. And how people can argue it doesnt make the team better is mind boggling to me

Pretty simple....some people just lean to the negative. If they want to call it "reality", I wonder why they just keep coming back. I'm not a Kool Aide homer, but I'm glad I don't go through life like that. If it's bad, I'd turn away and give it less attention until they deserved it. But, to each their own.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we get it you think the bills suck.

I would take zjones and maclin over woods and goodwin 100% of the time, not sure how or why anyone would say different. And how people can argue it doesnt make the team better is mind boggling to me

My big thing here is I dont want to automatically concede losses to teams that were not good last year.......why are they all of a sudden going to be better?

I understand the patriots....the chiefs....atlanta, the raiders.......but teams like the bucs, the saints, and the chargers?

The bucs are not going to auto be better because they had a good draft.....their QB still throws interceptions like he has a quota to fill or something.....their defense is aweful.

The saints? A horribly managed team that has been ravaged by salary cap and free agency....why should this auto be a loss?

THe chargers?.....do you notice a theme here? They are losses becauses they have a qb.......we have beaten teams with good qbs before....Luck hasnt done especially well against us

I see the potential for 9 to 10 wins here

Jets - Win

Carolina - Loss What about Carolina makes this a loss in your eyes. They had a very down year last year.

Den - Loss Toss up game to me....but nowhere close the strength of when they were going to the super bowl

ATL - Loss Agreed

Cincy - Loss (toss up though) Toss up game

Bye

Bucs - Win (toss up though) The bucs were not good last year....why is this a loss?

Raiders -Loss Agreed

Jets - Win Agreed

Saints - Loss This team is ravaged from top to bottom....why is this a loss?

SD - Win (Toss up) Agreed

Chiefs - Loss (toss up) Agreed

Pats - Loss Agreed

Colts - Loss Why is this a loss...im actually trying to remember the last time we lost to the colts

Dolphins - Win Agreed

Pats - Loss Agreed

Phins - Loss

There 5 wins with a couple tossups

And i said 5-7 wins with Woods on this team too. They are not very good. Not backtracking at all

Carolina a loss - better defense and their strength is our weakness covering Big WRs and a TE that can move.

Denver a loss - that Defense is just really that good and will expose a weaker QB.

Bucs are a loss (probably should be a toss up) but this is the type of game we drop. Also Big WRs and well that gives our best CB issues

Saint is a loss because no matter what they still have Brees and can put up a ton on scoreboard and dont think we can match

Colts loss because i think they may have finally figured out how to protect Luck. (Could put in toss up category though)

My big thing here is I dont want to automatically concede losses to teams that were not good last year.......why are they all of a sudden going to be better?

I understand the patriots....the chiefs....atlanta, the raiders.......but teams like the bucs, the saints, and the chargers?

The bucs are not going to auto be better because they had a good draft.....their QB still throws interceptions like he has a quota to fill or something.....their defense is aweful.

The saints? A horribly managed team that has been ravaged by salary cap and free agency....why should this auto be a loss?

THe chargers?.....do you notice a theme here? They are losses becauses they have a qb.......we have beaten teams with good qbs before....Luck hasnt done especially well against us

I see the potential for 9 to 10 wins here

Nope not the reason. Broke down my reasons why i have those teams as losses right now

I think that the rooks have to prove it....but I have a good feeling about them.

Dawkins is gonna be really key here......if he can shore up that RT spot we are in good shape

Agreed John, but I feel really good about this class. I think Dawkins is going to shore up RT, but will have rookie bumps and setbacks...it happens. Zay has been running pro routes for a couple years here, he will be fine. CB has gotten shored up some. We add Macklin and I still think we make the playoffs, but that is just me

Niether will Maclin. So i keep the space and roll it over to next year. Instead of signing a 29 year old WR with INJ ?s on a one year deal.

So our wr group is similar to last years...and your saying adding maclin won't improve chances of winning games this year? 6 wins top with or without him?

So our wr group is similar to last years...and your saying adding maclin won't improve chances of winning games this year? 6 wins top with or without him?

Yes i mean people are also automatically thinking ooo 4-3 gonna be a top end defense. I expect issues there as well. Zone Coverage schemes little hard to implement when you have communication issues like Bills have had.

Also this is a much different 4-3. No Mario Williams

Must be a giant coincidence that all of the best qbs are near the top of this list. https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-yards-after-catch-statistics/2016/

Other than the Falcons and Patriots being at the top in YAC/R, which can easily be explained the types of routes they throw and the fact that they have some great YAC receivers, I don't see much correlation. For example, I see Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota, and Jameis Winston near the bottom, and Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill near the top. Tannehill's presence near the top of the list of course is because he throws a ton of short routes to Jarvis Landry, the top YAC guy in the league, not because he's accurate. So no, this is not much evidence that YAC is a reflection of the QB's accuracy.

Yes i mean people are also automatically thinking ooo 4-3 gonna be a top end defense. I expect issues there as well. Zone Coverage schemes little hard to implement when you have communication issues like Bills have had.

So your saying or wr group will be similar to last year when your previously said they will be worse. Which you have agreed with multiple times woods/Zay won't affect the w/l record even adding maclin wouldn't change that.

Running the 4-3 will be much better than running the 3-4 that didn't have the personnel and had incompetent coaching that led to communication issues. And you don't need a Mario Williams to run a 4-3.

Running the 4-3 will be much better than running the 3-4 that didn't have the personnel and had incompetent coaching that led to communication issues. And you don't need a Mario Williams to run a 4-3.

Expensive Dareus is 4-3 non complex system, but still need one more draft.

Ironically the Chefs lost a draft pick for tampering when they signed Maclin 2 years ago

@profootballtalk

If any teams were talking to Jeremy Maclin before 4:00 p.m. ET on Monday, they were tampering

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/05/jeremy-maclin-became-eligible-to-talk-to-other-teams-at-400-p-m-et-monday/related/

Edited by YoloinOhio

Its because people want to hold hope this is a playoff team its not

Says who? You? You're a nobody like the rest of us. Your prediction is not an educated guess, it's just an attempt at stirring the pot. We've won 7,8,9 games with way worse rosters.

I think it's funny when you try to sell us your negativity. And I bite 85% of the time. Well played.