Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the defense, I don't see how they can't be better. The Coaching alone should make them better.

Lost 2 good corners, replaced them with a rookie and some lower tier FAs. Granted he was a #1 pick but rookies are rookies and you don't know if he's Antoine Winfield or JD Williams right now. Haven't upgraded the safety position at all. Linebacker is still sketchy. Where does Ragland fit? Does Brown bounce back at all? How do they use Alexander? What is Hodges' role? Does Lawson do anything this year? Can Kyle Williams stay healthy - if so what does he have left? Does Dareus buy in or go through the motions?

There are plenty of things that need to go right for the defense to even be the same let alone better.

Lost 2 good corners, replaced them with a rookie and some lower tier FAs. Granted he was a #1 pick but rookies are rookies and you don't know if he's Antoine Winfield or JD Williams right now. Haven't upgraded the safety position at all. Linebacker is still sketchy. Where does Ragland fit? Does Brown bounce back at all? How do they use Alexander? What is Hodges' role? Does Lawson do anything this year? Can Kyle Williams stay healthy - if so what does he have left? Does Dareus buy in or go through the motions?

There are plenty of things that need to go right for the defense to even be the same let alone better.

Hyde is better than anyone they trotted out there after Williams was lost.

Well, a lot of us feel Jones will be better than Woods. Just as relevant as your comments.

No not really ask me who is better for the Chiefs right now Smith or Mahomes. Then you can make it somewhat a comparison.

Woods was a very good WR for this team and very valuable with their Run first philosophy

29 games played and those are his stats. they are far from awful like you think.

As far as the defense, I don't see how they can't be better. The Coaching alone should make them better.

Never said it was awful.. it is ok... just pointing out how you bring it up all the time..

Hyde is better than anyone they trotted out there after Williams was lost.

And safety was an issue going into last season, so unless Hyde is an upgrade over Williams, which is questionable, or if Hyde is going to play both safety positions himself they haven't upgraded the position from where we were last year at this time.

I think that we actually did upgrade at least one of the safety positions....

Micah Hyde is a player.....and you are inserting him in for safeties that were just plain bad last year or injuried in aaron williams

In the corners you are basically replacing Gilmore with Darby.....and Darby with our 1st round pick....we did however pick up veteran corners behind them.

and you are most entitled to your opinion on it

You do realize the contridiction of the views on Zay Jones and Mohomes right?

Nope because no where did i say Mahomes should start over Smith and Makes them better did it. Unlike the hope and dreams that a Rookie is an upgrade at WR over Woods never playing one snap.

Ooo and hurt on top of that

Never said it was awful.. it is ok... just pointing out how you bring it up all the time..

Well, I bring it up to those who say he is awful. those are not terrible stats.

And safety was an issue going into last season, so unless Hyde is an upgrade over Williams, which is questionable, or if Hyde is going to play both safety positions himself they haven't upgraded the position from where we were last year at this time.

He's an upgrade because he will stay on the field.

No not really ask me who is better for the Chiefs right now Smith or Mahomes. Then you can make it somewhat a comparison.

Woods was a very good WR for this team and very valuable with their Run first philosophy

Bobby....you do realize that Mahommes has not played a down and his own coach says he is not ready.

I mean.....hey he might turn out to be good.....but it is a wait and see

Nope because no where did i say Mahomes should start over Smith and Makes them better did it. Unlike the hope and dreams that a Rookie is an upgrade at WR over Woods never playing one snap.

Fair enough

What?...... A mention of Mahomes?.... Jeffismagic's ears just perked up. :thumbsup: