Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Opening day last year was:

Watkins

Woods

Salas

Goodwin

This year is looking like:

Watkins

Jones

Holmes

Tate

So yeah, on paper (key term) there's concern. BUT, in reality, last year that starting four was hit with serious injuries, and realistically this year shouldn't be like that. If we get Maclin... on paper we improve, and likely in reality we improve greatly. Just depends on if we get hit with the same WR injury bug or not.

We didn't even get Tate for anything more that returns and WR depth. Now he's one of the 4 best WRs on the team.

Maclin would DEFINITELY improve our situation.

I don't think anyone can, or is, arguing that.

The question is "why?" Why spend all that money when this team is hurting at so many positions?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep never on the QB

His 68% 111 yards and 5.0 YPA lite it up

He didn't play well that game. He played very well in Seattle and the second Miami game, but don't blame the defense/St for anything.

Opening day last year was:

Watkins

Woods

Salas

Goodwin

This year is looking like:

Watkins

Jones

Holmes

Tate

So yeah, on paper (key term) there's concern. BUT, in reality, last year that starting four was hit with serious injuries, and realistically this year shouldn't be like that. If we get Maclin... on paper we improve, and likely in reality we improve greatly. Just depends on if we get hit with the same WR injury bug or not.

For clarity, last year's 'top four' played 38 out of 64 games between the four of them. So if we actually have a season this year where our top four WRs play lets say 56 out of 64 games, that'll be a major improvement right there. Add in Sammy being healthy for the games he does play, AND Maclin, and things are looking real good.

BUT the above *on paper* comparison ignoring the injuries, does leave concern.

It's all about context, which some arguments here have been lacking.

Is any loss on other factors or is it all on TT every loss?

I'm pretty much consistent on Tyrod haven't little impact on both wins and losses. He won't loss you a game but he rarely is the reason why you woN.

But if they somehow bring in Maclin, hopefully all the blaming of everyone but the qb will stop. Our offense would be loaded with playmakers.

We didn't even get Tate for anything more that returns and WR depth. Now he's one of the 4 best WRs on the team.

The question is "why?" Why spend all that money when this team is hurting at so many positions?

So you don't get a very good player to help one of those weaker positions?

I put alot of that on Roman, that guy stank up the joint and we were so much better once he hit the road.

The team practiced 80 different offensive plays leading up to the game. They ran ~50 in the game. One of many factors that lost us that game.

On defense, forget looking at the units and comparing them to last year. The switch back to the 4-3 will lead to the biggest improvement. It will help the DL, which will in turn help the LB's and secondary. The biggest loss is obviously Gilmore, but they drafted White and added Hyde.

On offense, I'll say it: Holmes is as good as Woods. And Brown is as good as Goodwin. Add-in Zay Jones and they're improved. Add-in Maclin...

I'm pretty much consistent on Tyrod haven't little impact on both wins and losses. He won't loss you a game but he rarely is the reason why you woN.

But if they somehow bring in Maclin, hopefully all the blaming of everyone but the qb will stop. Our offense would be loaded with playmakers.

They finished top ten in scoring in 2016 with the offense they had. If Maclin is here and players stay healthy, I would expect the same or better.

You get talent when it is available to get?

Yeah, I don't get this poster. "We have a few areas that need improvement, but we can only really improve one, so we won't do it". makes no sense.

I really feel (and maybe I am wrong and if so i do apologize)

it is not about improving the WR core....it is if you improve the wr core you hurt the chance of a tank (or just being flat out bad) when next year's draft has 2 1st round picks.

Its too late for all that....the bills have too much talent on the team to tank. They might as well try to win.

He didn't play well that game. He played very well in Seattle and the second Miami game, but don't blame the defense/St for anything.

2 games dont make a career.

And yes i do blame the defense too