Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle was allowing 230 yards and a shade over 1 TD a game. So it was a slightly above average game.

Which is good. I'm not knocking it! But to johns question of the big mystery of consistency-- it's no mystery at all. Tons of players are talented enough to flash for short stretches. A good matchup, a hot week, a perfect scheme, a lucky bounce.... the great ones do it more often. That's all. Lots of mid tier players are mid tier for that reason.

I agree. and mid tier is not terrible like some want everyone to believe.

Isn't that what they did with Felton last year? :unsure:

i didn't mean you can't do it at all. I meant that it doesn't take away the count toward the comp pick formula if you do so. That's what I read anyway, just not sure where. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm sold that he is far from terrible, like some think. he's good enough until a better alternative is found. The Bills are 15-14 when he starts. he has 47 TDs with 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing. Not terrible.

I have lost count on how many times you have post this....

Edited by Hurricane

The end of that game through the start of the next had an unbelievable run of both sides of the ball collapsing. What was it, like 40 points allowed and only 4 first downs from the offense or some nonsense over a 2-3 quarter window.

Yeah, I remember us having a really bad stretch.

As an older fellow, i also do lots of mini stretches. Keeps me limberish.

Trying to avoid the Big Stretch

I strive for "limberish". It's a major reason I prefer living in warmer weather. I wake up in the morning, and I can do mini-stretches in bed for up to an hour! But eventually you have to pee......

I apologize, but it IS the off-season. The long, long, long off-season. :(

Edited by Augie

Looking at this a little deeper.....

Yeah I could see cutting holmes and signing Maclin.......especially if that scenario of comp picks is true

If you can keep an UFA until week 10 before he counts towards the formula, even if they sign Maclin, I'd keep Holmes. Because you don't know what UFA's the Bills had that went to other teams also get cut.

I just think Holmes would have a hard time getting burn behind Watkins, Zay Jones, Macklin,

He'd make an excellent #4 WR. And depth is nice to have. And again, if other teams cut Bills UFAs, cutting him to improve the comp pick equation might be moot.

Looking at this a little deeper.....

Yeah I could see cutting holmes and signing Maclin.......especially if that scenario of comp picks is true

I can't see that at all. He's good depth, presents a size element other WR's on roster don't and he's a good special teams player.

Marcus Easley was a good special teamer who got paid for doing less than what Holmes would provide.

I am probably on an island by myself, but I'm not concerned at all about comp picks.

Gotta love the comp pick police, always looking out for the true measure of success.

You have to look at the big picture. Would you rather Holmes as the 4th receiver or philly Brown / Listenbee / Streater & a 3rd round pick? To me that's easy (especially as you can keep Holmes to week 10 of everything else plays out right). For some perspective the Bills 4th highest WR had 189 yards last year, 5th had 142 yards and 6th had 117. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You have to look at the big picture. Would you rather Holmes as the 4th receiver or philly Brown / Listenbee / Streater & a 3rd round pick? To me that's easy (especially as you can keep Holmes to week 10 of everything else plays out right). For some perspective the Bills 4th highest WR had 189 yards last year, 5th had 142 yards and 6th had 117.

The problem is that it's a shifting picture. If other teams release Bills' UFA's before week 10, they might have to cut a lot more players than just Holmes.