There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU!!!!

Oh look it's a thread by a Bills fan complaining about other Bills fans... <_<

Or as I like to call them, the reason I come around here a lot less these days...

It's just garbage... B-)

Indeed.

There are many different types of Bills fans in here, but the first thing I notice is one of 2 main categories:

Those who take this board too seriously

and

Those who don't.

Indeed.

There are many different types of Bills fans in here, but the first thing I notice is one of 2 main categories:

Those who take this board too seriously

and

Those who don't.

The Bills will never win if we all don't buckle down and take this seriously,its all on the fans;)

So am I taking it too seriously or taking the board too lightly? ;)

I look at it like Pro-Bills and Pro-Winning.

Pro-Bills folks put their emphasis on loving the Bills in their current incarnation at all times, virtually no matter what. Pro-Winning put their emphasis on the Bills winning even if it would mean major change to the current incarnation.

Do the Pro-Bills group want to see them win, of course, but they put more emphasis on their love for the team. Do the Pro-Winning people love the Bills, of course, but they put more emphasis on seeing them become a winner.

wow...this is very astute...well done

Miserable and very miserable. Those are the two types that coexist with one another.

I try to keep an even keel anyone can cheer for a winning team.

It takes someone special to keep their fandom with all the crap we have been through..

Actually I see two types of fans here.

1.) Those that actually care about football as a game, they share facts, knowledge. When they disagree with you, they use actual facts and football knowledge to state their case.

2.) Those that just want to express their views and have others reinforce their views without question. They don’t criticize the players, management, the league. They instead criticize other fans that don’t agree with them, they immediately insult them using “your momma” type put downs. They think they are witty, funny, and entertaining. They are not.

They instead criticize the media for spreading negatives about anything they don’t believe. They prefer to “kill the messenger” rather than put the blame on the players and Management who actually make the difference between being a winner or loser.

1.) Those that actually care about football as a game, they share facts, knowledge. When they disagree with you, they use actual facts and football knowledge to state their case.

2.) Those that just want to express their views and have others reinforce their views without question. They dont criticize the players, management, the league. They instead criticize other fans that dont agree with them, they immediately insult them using your momma type put downs. They think they are witty, funny, and entertaining. They are not.

They instead criticize the media for spreading negatives about anything they dont believe. They prefer to kill the messenger rather than put the blame on the players and Management who actually make the difference between being a winner or loser.

MMM-mmm. Yo momma was spreading something last night, and there wasn't anything negative about it.

No one wants to win more and find the right QB then 1st time HC McD and GM Beane.

Give them the full 5 years. I really think these two are the real deal.

Another key is to get a good scouting staff. They know that as well.

For all Shad Khan's faults, he gave Bradley a full four years to rebuild a destroyed team, and be

I eve they will be competitive soon. I can only hope the Pegula fan does not get in the way of making sound decisions as I believe we have the most talented front office and. Coaching staff since the Butler days.

Four years and I believe we will have a progressing winner, and Brady will eventually retire. Too many hits and he'll change his tune.

I try to keep an even keel anyone can cheer for a winning team.

It takes someone special to keep their fandom with all the crap we have been through..

Very true, there is no doubt in my mind that most Bills fans are very resilient when it comes to this team and supporting them. Hence, why I'm rarely negative towards the team itself. But, I root for the bills and Mets, I'm starting to question myself. Some may say that I'm a masochist. 😂

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that just want to win:

• Hopefully the new Owner / Coach / GM / Player does great and we win!
  • I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that want a QB:

• Mortgage an entire draft
  • Trade the best players on the roster
  • Fire every Coach / GM that doesn't draft a QB every year
  • Tank every season until we find a QB
  • Cry about Bill Belichick lucking out on a reject QB
  • Wish that they were Patriot fans

Basically what I am trying to say is that I am not with the QB hunters, but I love all of your posts and meaningless rants about finding the next "Tom Brady". Us fans that just want to win are kind of boring, and hope everything works out. We occasionally blow up and rant about the entire Bills organizational failures, and then return to our winless hole.

So, to you QB hunters, I thank you for interjecting a QB type response in every single post to make it a little more interesting!

P.S. - I really like the Nathan Peterman draft pick, but can care less if he ever starts a game as long as we win.

Well stated. hey I'm old dude, started going to Old RockPile in 1960...feel good about these 2 young-uns Pegs hired with NFL credentials ,connections decendants of Character team building NFL coaches.

jmho

#BILLSMAFIA forever

Me, I'm a Bills fan and I typically support whoever is running the show and all the players until they are no longer a part of the team (or some major transgression - Like Preston Brown's complete inability to tackle as a MLB). I'm optimistic till the end (usually mid to late November). Football is entertainment and I am entertained even if we don't win the SB. I'm entertained watching the games, watching the draft, talking to friends and family about them, listening to WGR, reading this site, reading articles, watching prospects youtube videos, etc.. We don't need to win a SB for me to be entertained, it's just the icing on top.

I very strongly agree with the above!!!

The only thing I would like to add is that while the SB isn't necessary to make me happy, we could REALLY use a trip to the playoffs, and I don't think that this is asking much. But it really is frustrating to watch the same stupid mistakes being made over and over again no matter who is running the show. Getting rid of Rex and Whaley was a great move, but they should fire Brandon and whoever else is left.

And btw, I really don't expect the Bills to be worse than they were last season. Call me crazy but I don't think that Gilmore was much of a loss. We shall see.

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

Pretty much got is right but wrong at the same time.

1. Fans that want to win with no QB

2. Fans that want a QB so we can win again

It really that simple. We have been lacking a franchise QB for almost 20 years now, going onto 18 years with no playoffs. Most fans Identified the true issue after 5 years with our club in the early 2K era, while others are still lost and want the "win now" and be a one and done Playoff seed loss team. The win now mentality Is exactely what has been done at OBD for the entire drought setting us back further and further.

To all their own, we are all here as we all want to win.

I personally have been saying we desperately need and still need a franchise QB since the 04 draft. I can get comments all day saying "Yeah, cause franchise QB's grow on trees right?" That is the most stupid mentality about the position I read. The thing that is funny to me is the "get a franchise QB" Bills fans are right 100% plain and simple, look at our records the last 17 years and try to dispute otherwise if you can.

Edited by Real McCoy

Pretty much got is right but wrong at the same time.

1. Fans that want to win with no QB

2. Fans that want a QB so we can win again

It really that simple. We have been lacking a franchise QB for almost 20 years now, going onto 18 years with no playoffs. Most fans Identified the true issue after 5 years with our club in the early 2K era, while others are still lost and want the "win now" and be a one and done Playoff seed loss team. The win now mentality Is exactely what has been done at OBD for the entire drought setting us back further and further.

To all their own, we are all here as we all want to win.

I personally have been saying we desperately need and still need a franchise QB since the 04 draft. I can get comments all day saying "Yeah, cause franchise QB's grow on trees right?" That is the most stupid mentality about the position I read. The thing that is funny to me is the "get a franchise QB" Bills fans are right 100% plain and simple, look at our records the last 17 years and try to dispute otherwise if you can.

NE being in the same division is also a big reason for the playoff drought.

2.) Those that just want to express their views and have others reinforce their views without question. They don’t criticize the players, management, the league. They instead criticize other fans that don’t agree with them, they immediately insult them using “your momma” type put downs. They think they are witty, funny, and entertaining. They are not.

They instead criticize the media for spreading negatives about anything they don’t believe. They prefer to “kill the messenger” rather than put the blame on the players and Management who actually make the difference between being a winner or loser.

My what a "simple" way of looking at it....those heros that criticize everything and poo over every little thing...they should def be commended

NE being in the same division is also a big reason for the playoff drought.

Can agree it def does not help but to me it's a easy excuse for us Bills fans to use.

Pats are great team and we all agree on that. Would the Pats be as good the entire Brady Era say if the Bills had Brees as their starter that entire tenure? Lets say the Jets or Miami also had a real QB as well would the Pats be GOAT?

I say no, the AFC East flat out sucks handing the Pats 5 -6 wins a year for way to long now.

Think about this: How much better would have Miami been with Marino if the Bills did not have Kelly and the Bills sucked in the 90's like the Pats?

Edited by Real McCoy

Can agree it def does not help but to me it's a easy excuse for us Bills fans to use.

Pats are great team and we all agree on that. Would the Pats be as good as the entire Brady Era say if the Bills had Brees as their starter that entire tenure? Lets say the Jets or Miami also had a real QB as well would the Pats be GOAT?

Think about this: How much better would have Miami been with Marino if the Bills did not have Kelly and the Bills sucked in the 90's like the Pats?

I say no, the AFC East flat out sucks handing the Pats 5 -6 wins a year for way to long now.

I would say, unfortunately, yes. How many Super Bowls have they played in over the last 15 years? That's not just a function of a poor division. They have been hammering everyone for a long time.

Pats are great team and we all agree on that. Would the Pats be as good as the entire Brady Era say if the Bills had Brees as their starter that entire tenure? Lets say the Jets or Miami also had a real QB as well would the Pats be GOAT?

Well, maybe. But NE and Brady seem to handle teams with franchise QBs as easily as they handle the division. But the three division teams would have been a WC a lot more frequently with better QBs.

Edited by JM2009

I would say, unfortunately, yes. How many Super Bowls have they played in over the last 15 years? That's not just a function of a poor division. They have been hammering everyone for a long time.

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC (6th times to be exact). That helps a already great team out tremendously, either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

Edited by Real McCoy

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC. That helps a already great team out tremendously. Either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

I don't disagree that it's helped. I just don't think that it would have been drastically different. Maybe they would have played less playoff games in Foxboro and lost 1 or 2 more? Maybe not though? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I get that the Pats handle their own business. A poor division that hands a team 6 wins equals #1 playoff seed in the AFC (6th times to be exact). That helps a already great team out tremendously, either way this is a topic/thread in it's own.

...isn't it pathetic?...."if you can't beat 'em, fold"......oh wait, they cheated themselves to 14 division titles and 5 rings....gotta be the only reason....I say petition Goodell to form a brand new AFC-Patriots Division with them unto themselves and a guaranteed spot and rename the AFCE to the AFC-ALSO RANS......top team makes the playoffs......the playing field has now been leveled as needed because it is not the fault of the Bills, Fins or Jets they cannot be competitive...........

I've largely steered clear of this forum because of the extreme positions so many hold. But I love this post, I think it captures the two largest parts of the fan spectrum.

(BTW: disagree with the OP post but love the topic)

My only add would be that I think it's a continuum that stretches past these two very logical points into some extreme positions that people voice on this forum at times. Where the Pro-winning crowd go off into a very pessimistic and dark place and hate every decision the Bills make and where the Pro-Bills crowd become milk toast kool aid drinkers and love everything

For me, I am definitely in the Pro-winning, but still love the Bills category.

I do find myself at times being too pessimistic, when I do, I just stay away (which I largely have the past 2 years).

Thanks for the sentiment brother! I agree it's a continuum or spectrum, like you I'd be Pro-Winning along with a healthy love for the logo.

I've been posting less lately because I'm not really feeling the direction of th franchise so I've for the most part been bowing out and letting others have their fun.

I'm the perfect fan. Educatescated, hell Beane on winning,

Money-less conscious, obedient-no table smashing, critical but never able to escape, FANBOY KOOOLAID BLINDed mofo.

No Stromboli skills? Slightly less than perfect.... :)

the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens were the only SB winners who won with defense first. The rest are all but not exclusively teams with franchise QBs

I disagree. The Hank Stramm Chiefs and the first Steeler championship team were defense first imo.

The Steelers did have a great offense but the defense developed sooner imo.

I would have to devote some time to evaluate the rest.

Edited by Bill from NYC

My what a "simple" way of looking at it....those heros that criticize everything and poo over every little thing...they should def be commended

Thank you John for providing a perfect example of a fan number 2 type post for me.