There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that just want to win:

• Hopefully the new Owner / Coach / GM / Player does great and we win!
  • I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that want a QB:

• Mortgage an entire draft
  • Trade the best players on the roster
  • Fire every Coach / GM that doesn't draft a QB every year
  • Tank every season until we find a QB
  • Cry about Bill Belichick lucking out on a reject QB
  • Wish that they were Patriot fans

Basically what I am trying to say is that I am not with the QB hunters, but I love all of your posts and meaningless rants about finding the next "Tom Brady". Us fans that just want to win are kind of boring, and hope everything works out. We occasionally blow up and rant about the entire Bills organizational failures, and then return to our winless hole.

So, to you QB hunters, I thank you for interjecting a QB type response in every single post to make it a little more interesting!

P.S. - I really like the Nathan Peterman draft pick, but can care less if he ever starts a game as long as we win.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at it like Pro-Bills and Pro-Winning.

Pro-Bills folks put their emphasis on loving the Bills in their current incarnation at all times, virtually no matter what. Pro-Winning put their emphasis on the Bills winning even if it would mean major change to the current incarnation.

Do the Pro-Bills group want to see them win, of course, but they put more emphasis on their love for the team. Do the Pro-Winning people love the Bills, of course, but they put more emphasis on seeing them become a winner.

I think that it's those that don't like the Bills and those that like the Bills less.

There are people here that are "fans" but haven't ever said 1 positive word about them. There is some good and some bad (which is why they've been right around .500 lately). I really wish people could objectively discuss but that won't happen.

No one wants to win more and find the right QB then 1st time HC McD and GM Beane.

Give them the full 5 years. I really think these two are the real deal.

Another key is to get a good scouting staff. They know that as well.

In general...Everyone on here is a Bills fan.

The frustration and fun comes from wanting to be in control of something that we're simply not in control of. Giving an opinion that is counter to what the people in control are doing doesn't make you a non fan. This is a chat room. Chat away people!

Go Bills

Super Bowl or bust. This team was built to be as good as possible without a QB but you can't win in the NFL without a QB. I'm not interested in a .500 team. Tyrod is a QB that gets you to .500. A lot of people hope that MAYBE we can squeak into the playoffs and I hear some people say well you can't win the Super Bowl without first making the playoffs. But there is a big difference between building a winning franchise that will compete for championships year in and year out or simply building a team that maybe if the cards fall correctly will get a wild card and then be one and done. I'd mortgage 3-4 seasons of rebuilding rather than live through another 20 years of mediocrity. People need to wake up and realize that just because we are Buffalo doesn't mean we don't deserve nice things. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and thinking that a mediocre team is all we deserve. Demand better

Super Bowl or bust. This team was built to be as good as possible without a QB but you can't win in the NFL without a QB. I'm not interested in a .500 team. Tyrod is a QB that gets you to .500. A lot of people hope that MAYBE we can squeak into the playoffs and I hear some people say well you can't win the Super Bowl without first making the playoffs. But there is a big difference between building a winning franchise that will compete for championships year in and year out or simply building a team that maybe if the cards fall correctly will get a wild card and then be one and done. I'd mortgage 3-4 seasons of rebuilding rather than live through another 20 years of mediocrity. People need to wake up and realize that just because we are Buffalo doesn't mean we don't deserve nice things. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and thinking that a mediocre team is all we deserve. Demand better

This.

As Andy Reid has said in response to playoff failure critisicm.."you can't win the whole thing unless you are invited to the dance". So yes, I want to WIN now and make the g_d@mn playoffs for a change. Then i will worry about winning the Super Bowl. Count me as one that is sick and tired of "tank" talk. That is for losers, as the Pegulas have found out with the Sabres. Assemble the best team you can now and make a run for the playoffs. Hopefully Tyrod has his best year and maybe even Peterman or Cardale will turn in to something.

No one wants to win more and find the right QB then 1st time HC McD and GM Beane.

Give them the full 5 years. I really think these two are the real deal.

Another key is to get a good scouting staff. They know that as well.

I think both the Sabres and Bills now have the right guys in leadership. I think Botterill will pick a good coach. The problem nwith the Bills wasn't bad scouts, in fact I think we have had one of the better scouting staffs. The problem was the GM was a scout, not a jack of all trades team building GM. We need continuity for more than a few years to make this thing work. I think Peterman is going to be a pleasant surprise. Smart, good pocket presence, accurate passer with the ability to anticipate, adequate but not great arm which is something that can improve. I would love it if we have the guy on our roster and didn't have to use our draft picks on a QB next year.

OK,thanks. But these threads are seriously going to destroy this thread. This is why BBMB was terrible.

This has been occurring over time as the "here is my idea LAMP" posts become yuge. But, the BBMB'ers really put this in to high speed and going to make it a train wreck.

No, this post doesn't add to the thread. But it will add to the quality of the board if we simply up our quality of posting.

Just stop this. Please