RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice on NFLN the first bullet on the graphic was "Trust the Process". Def a McD pick lol

Bills likey not picking up the 5th year option on Sammy.

The logical thing to do at the end of the league year is to franchise and work on a new deal with Sammy if he's healthy and productive this season.

ok, so you don't know. i'm not saying i'm an expert at all, but i think it's pretty obvious that you're just reading snippets of draft reports, and are attempting to act like you know something.

explain...why is he a woods clone like you stated?

Ourlads draft guide says: "incredible competitor with a high motor and character who plays the full 60 minute game with unrelenting effort. Incredibly consistent tough. Football player who loves playing the game."

To say he was productive is an understatement - 158 catches, 1746 yards LAST SEASON

Edited by OldTimer1960

Seems like they're targeting players who showed consistent production throughout their college careers.

I hope so. I've always hated drafting combine warriors. Obviously, a NFL prospect ought to combine good measurables with good production. But, between the two, I like to see the production.

Robert Woods 2.0 except potentially better

Funny because this is exactly what I thought when I first heard the pick.

Surprised to see Kizer fall this much.

Im not, he was the one guy that to me that had the biggest slide chance out of the first because he under performed so much and he seemed like his interviews were up and down too.

I actually think he won't be the next QB taken still now, I have a feeling Webb is next.

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott says the selection of WR Zay Jones is not related to decision on Sammy Watkins

@viccarucci Hearing #Bills unlikely to pick up 5th-year option on Sammy Watkins by May 2 deadline. Not while he's still recovering from foot surgery.

Hate giving up picks, but I really like this player---good bloodlines & good character. There might have been some better players on the board but they have baggage. We can't afford anymore bad actors on this team.

Didn't 'give up' a pick.

Hate giving up picks, but I really like this player---good bloodlines & good character. There might have been some better players on the board but they have baggage. We can't afford anymore bad actors on this team.

Still have same number of picks. Just a little lower.