RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but its not a dollar for 2 quarters.....its more like buying a candy bar and getting 2 quarters in change

I think it's more like buying a box of Lucky Charms at the store and then selling a candy bar on eBay

37 and 91 for 44 and 149

Basically swapped 2nds and turned a late 3rd into an early 4th

91 to 149 is 58 picks. with 32 teams and 32 picks per round, 58 picks is nearly two full rounds back. What am I missing here?

Reminds me of Muhammad Sanu

Edited by peterpan

91 to 149 is 58 picks. with 32 teams and 32 picks per round, 58 picks is nearly two full rounds back. What am I missing here?

Reminds me of Muhammad Sanu

Well there's comp picks but it is actually a 5th rounder. Just going by the graphic I saw on tv.

but its not a dollar for 2 quarters.....its more like buying a candy bar and getting 2 quarters in change

no...your not are you actually counting the player?

I understand that & I do like the player, but there was going to be several other very good players available if we stood pat. He might have even been there.

Here is what NFL.com says

Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage. Limited amount of burst and wiggle after the catch and won't create much more than is there. Not overly-committed as a run blocker.

Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage. Limited amount of burst and wiggle after the catch and won't create much more than is there. Not overly-committed as a run blocker.

well...what were the pros?

I don't think he lacks vertical push. It just wasn't a part of his college offense.