Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

I think they got hosed.

That 3rd Rd pick , in this draft?? It's worth way more than your typical year. Such a deep class, you can easily strike gold in the 3rd.

We add an instant starter.

We receive their 1st Rd next year!

Again, that 3rd rounder could be gold.

Then they pick Mahomes!?!? And talk about us getting hosed? Lol. They essentially wasted 2 2st Rd picks and a 3rd . This trade will set them back imo,and plunge us forward

• Like (+1) 1

They gave the NFL the 10th pick and got a top 60 player in return. That is worth a laugh in KC?

FWIW Gil Brandt had him ranked as the number 18 player, Trubisky was 8, Watson was 9 and Kizer was 33. Even looking on Twitter a lot of people who talk to scouts indicated the teams had the QBs ranked way higher than your Kipers, McShays and other Mocksters...

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn 9h9 hours ago

I'm told those around the league expect Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes to go top 10. Chiefs known to love him, have entertained trade up.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Our Bills have up 171 basis draft points to do the deal so in fact using the traditional point system KC came out ahead

However 171 is not alot of points but it is another draft pick we did not get

Still I like the idea of the trade down

Much better than giving away draft picks for players that don't achieve the value of the picks

So I'll take all the extra picks

Just wish we had even more in 2018

By having not signed marginal FA's

jc

Here's a set of words that represent the last time we traded down::

EJ Manuel/Kiko Alonso/Marquise Goodwin/7th round TE

for

Tayvon Austin/JAG safety who can't play half of next year

== We get Shady McCoy.

:lol:

The Redskins pissed away picks to the Rams, who pissed them away to us, while we did pretty good with them....

...but who the F cares...because Shady is worth every player above and then some.

When they made that trade earlier, on NFL network some Chiefs guy was wiping his hands on his butt, and actually pulled his butt-cheeks apart for a second. I said "Yep, get used to that, because the Rams and Redskins had to".

And they, are laughing at us? :wacko:

EDIT: Apparently few have learned the RG3 lesson. Moreover, even fewer have learned the "NFL will change because college does spread offense, and therefore starting rookie QBs == auto-SB", is utter BS, lesson.

Statistical anomalies are exactly that: Johnny Manziel anyone? :lol:

I have Shady McCoy on my team because of a trade down. Anybody laughing at that?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Just checked a Chiefs message board and they are all laughing at how little they gave up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=307403&page=2

Exactly, I have no clue how folks on here think the Bills got any sort of a bargain with this trade. The only way it works out in favor for the Bills is if the Chiefs hit an injury bug, bigly

Our Bills have up 171 basis draft points to do the deal so in fact using the traditional point system KC came out ahead

Much better than giving away draft picks for players that don't achieve the value of the picks

jc

I'd like to add that the 3rd Rd pick has more value this year, than in any draft in recent memory, so striking gold would not be a shocker considering how many highly talented prospects will be available in Round 3!

jc

thanks,

If next years draft turns out to be a better draft class to meet needs say for instance at the QB position,

then the points lost could become a moot point, eh wilcoam

Edited by Figster

The chiefs got a tough schedule next year. Ne, hou, pit, nfc east, raiders and denver twice, and of course us. 8 losses wouldnt be out of the question especially if they dont keep getting their 7 pts a game from def and special teams

Edited by Pbomb

Just checked a Chiefs message board and they are all laughing at how little they gave up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=307403&page=2

They used 2 first round picks and also this years 3rd in a very deep and talented class to draft a QB that was most often not even in the top 40 players in this draft, never really higher than 3rd at his own position, has a ton of mechanics and footwork issues he needs to rebuild, and was really a 2nd round QB at best, but in this weak class his stock got elevated.

Keep laughing KC, I am enjoying every second of the fact that we don't have to try and rebuild Mahomes...aka Bortles part 2. Only time will tell, but I am glad we aren't the ones that have to fix him before he can have success in the NFL.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

They used 2 first round picks and also this years 3rd in a very deep and talented class to draft a QB that was most often not even in the top 40 players in this draft, never really higher than 3rd at his own position, has a ton of mechanics and footwork issues he needs to rebuild, and was really a 2nd round QB at best, but in this weak class his stock got elevated.

Keep laughing KC, I am enjoying every second of the fact that we don't have to try and rebuild Mahomes...aka Bortles part 2. Only time will tell, but I am glad we aren't the ones that have to fix him before he can have success in the NFL.

I keep saying how important that 3rd is in this specific draft. We now have 2 opportunities to strike gold in the 3rd where plenty of very talented players await. ..KC has zero

And no 1st next year, all for a guy that has nothing that screams "Franchise QB"

• Haha (+1) 1

jc

which means nothing....it's the players chosen.......

I'm not sure how you can say it's 171 points.

We don't know how many points to assign to a next year's first rounder.

Next year's first rounder is worth this year's second, but which pick in the 2nd? Nobody's ever said. The middle pick? If so we got the value. There's no way to know where the Chiefs will be picking next year. We can't value that pick exactly on the chart.

For the Chiefs this will all come down to Mahomes. If he's a franchise guy, brilliant trade. If he never is, an ultimate waste.

Edited by Thurman#1

I'm not sure how you can say it's 171 points.

We don't know how many points to assign to a next year's first rounder.

Next year's first rounder is worth this year's second, but which pick in the 2nd? Nobody's ever said. The middle pick? If so we got the value.

It's a flawed system. Best thing we can go by is the Hou Cle trade. Cleveland was at 12. Hou at 25.

Browns just got a 2018 1st Rd draft pick in return . We were 2 spots higher, and we landed 2 spots lower but got a first and a 3rd , top 100 pick this year in a very deep ,quality draft. You can hit gold in the 3rd for sure and now we have 2 cracks on it.

Comparing to the Browns trade, it sounds like a good and fair deal.

where are people getting this next years 1st is only worth a 2nd this year? I have read that they are valued close to the same. The Bills were gonna draft Lattimore at ten, instead get White plus a 3rd rnd pick tomorrow, and a first round pick next year. 3 players for 1. Chiefs used 3 picks for an air raid qb. Time will tell but right now I am thinking the Bills did pretty good. It will be even better if White is better than Lattimore and the Chiefs don't make the playoffs.

It's a sugar high for Chief's fans, they didn't give up a lot in this years draft. A late 3rd to move up to pick 10. But the cost in terms of dumping out future picks was pretty steep The Bills took a plummet but they pocketed a 3rd in a deep draft class and they stashed a huge 1st round pick in next years draft. At pick 27 the Bills managed to get a very good player that filled a need they have 2 third round picks and their 2nd to go to work with and they pocketed a 1st that even if it is a late 1st (which with how up and down KC can be I am not so sure that is likely) provides McD a good piece to build the teams future.

I love the move for the Bills. For the Chiefs it is a gamble but one that will payoff if they found their QB of the future. I don't always think trades have a winner or loser every single time, sometimes trades are mutually beneficial. Personally I don't think that the Chiefs did well in this trade. Mahomes isn't a guy that I would give up 2 first round picks and 3rd for. But the Chiefs have the luxury of being able to groom Mahomes for a year or two which might help out his development.

Just checked a Chiefs message board and they are all laughing at how little they gave up.[/size]http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=307403&page=2

Great - I'm laughing at them - to trade that much to move up for a guy that does nothing to help them this year or next year is a mistake.

The Bills are in a better position than they were before the draft started and they got a guy that is a better fit for their defense than what they would of taken at 10.

This also puts them in a potentially better spot to get a real franchise QB next year.

This came up all positive in my eyes.

Plus they got better value than the Browns who moved back almost as far and only got the first next year.

3 guarantees in life

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Jeffismagic crying

So a post that cries about nothing yet points that finger at others. Ironic.

You just are mad because your take on Mahomes has been shown to be laughable.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey (Green Bay staff) > Teeflesbees

Edited by jeffismagic

If Mahomes turns out to be a top QB then the Chiefs stole him for nothing. If he sucks then they screwed themselves. But at least they bought a ticket and are in the game. Hopefully the Bills will join them tonight.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

With so many Super Bowl appearances it's no surprise that their fan base is arrogant. Like all drafts, time will tell who wins this trade but having three picks tomorrow and an extra 1st rounder this year while fulfilling a position of need is fine by me.

I keep saying how important that 3rd is in this specific draft. We now have 2 opportunities to strike gold in the 3rd where plenty of very talented players await. ..KC has zero

And no 1st next year, all for a guy that has nothing that screams "Franchise QB"

And you have faith the bills will utilize those picks correctly?

LOL okay.

We all know your infatuation with Mahomes and provided two Chiefs links to show support of this infatuation.

Yes Reid has had success with QB's but has made mistakes as well. Like trading away McNabb and extended Kolb. What???? Reid isn't perfect with QB's???!!!

LOL okay.

We all know your infatuation with Mahomes and provided two Chiefs links to show support of this infatuation.

Yes Reid has had success with QB's but has made mistakes as well. Like trading away McNabb and extended Kolb. What???? Reid isn't perfect with QB's???!!!

Congrats for reading an internet post on Mahomes and basing your opinion on that. You were wrong but keep digging.

You just are mad because your take on Mahomes has been shown to be laughable.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey (Green Bay staff) > Teeflesbees

LOL....coming from a guy who had multiple posts about the spread and Air Raid being the same thing.

The only time you admitted it was different is when Mahomes specifically stated he was an Air Raid QB and none of them have succeeded in the NFL.

Mayock had Corey Davis at #21 right? Not universally too 10 right?

Yeah Reid knows more about QB's than I do but it doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time.

Congrats for reading an internet post on Mahomes and basing your opinion on that. You were wrong but keep digging.

"Mahomes is from a spread system" - Jeffismaic

LOL....coming from a guy who had multiple posts about the spread and Air Raid being the same thing.

The only time you admitted it was different is when Mahomes specifically stated he was an Air Raid QB and none of them have succeeded in the NFL.

Mayock had Corey Davis at #21 right? Not universally too 10 right?

Yeah Reid knows more about QB's than I do but it doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time.

Your knowledge of QB's is nothing. Andy Reid is one of the top offensive minds in the NFL. But thanks for sharing.

The Chiefs seem like that team that has a lot go right for them for the last 3 years. History shows that does not last. Here is to hoping that this time next year the Bills will have the number one overall pick and it has nothing to do with our record. It is also going to make Sundays more fun. I can cheer for the Chiefs to lose.