Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

The Bills just traded Patrick Mahomes to the Chiefs last night. There will be different opinions than yours. Sorry that you don't get a perfect world of agreement with your reflexive defense of Doug Whaley's draft board.

I would make that trade every time.

Mahomes would be fine early second - maybe very late first, but at 10 it was a classic case of overdrafting for a guy that will give them nothing this year at all.

If - and to me it is a very big IF - Mahomes figures it out and is actually better than Smith - KC will be OK, but I still think they are a long way from getting anything and I love getting the extra picks.

Jerry's never happy. I guess he'll be happy once DW gets fired as he's reporting

Jerry's never happy, yet many can't resist giving him clicks and making his bosses happy. Jerry doesn't need to be right, he just needs attention.

The Curse of Mahomes has begun!

Watch us not make the playoffs his entire career.

:P

Oh my! Bills need to get a real GM and then I think things will turn around. Right now the team has no vision and that's why you see CB's leave, CB's drafted. WR's leave, WR drafted.

I think next chance for a strong GM is 2019.

I have been on here for years. This is nothing new, BTW i can recall you copying people's post and then making a one word snarky reply. A reply that offered no insight just a dig.

I have , yes....but not to the extent that others have and I'm trying to be better

Oh my! Bills need to get a real GM and then I think things will turn around. Right now the team has no vision and that's why you see CB's leave, CB's drafted. WR's leave, WR drafted.

Their market value versus their actual team value is why Gilmore and Woods left.

The owners need to get out of the way and hand the operation over to a personnel man, whether it's a GM, Team President, or "football Czar." They'll learn but it's going to take time and I think McDermott falls into the quicksand before they wisen up.

The owners need to get out of the way and hand the operation over to a personnel man, whether it's a GM, Team President, or "football Czar." They'll learn but it's going to take time and I think McDermott falls into the quicksand before they wisen up.

For sure. And even though McD lacks imagination at least he got value while drafting for needs.I expected the corner to be at ten.

Disagree. I think their vision is to build a roster of great athletes with the caveat that they have to be great people too. That way they can gel and play as a true team instead of the "look at me" type guys who are all about the paycheck.

And I happen to agree with that approach. This McDermott guy might really be what this franchise needed all along. Could just be that he and Whaley are going to be an excellent duo.

I think Andy Reid saw Mahomes and thought "this guy has the potential to be Donavan McNabb 2.0 or maybe even a little better. And that is why he was giddy over him. I think Bills could have got a little more from them yet, but I am happy.

If Mahomes turns out to be good its a bad trade.

If the players the Bills draft all turn out/dont turn out, its a good/bad trade.

We wont know for awhile.

This instant gratification about who won/lost a trade is asinine.

Yep. Pretty much. We won't know for years to come whether this truly was the right decision. Seems like it was at this point in time, but time might prove otherwise.

So is Andy Reid, over big plate of Arthur Bryants BBQ. He played his friend.

read this earlier -

"Right now Patrick is not absolutely ready to play," Kansas City coach Andy Reid said. "He's got some work to do. We have to be patient with him. He's definitely not a finished product right now."

So for all of those griping about the trade ..... According to Reid, Mahomes is not ready to start in 2017.

Shades of EJ and CJ talk tight there

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

For sure. And even though McD lacks imagination at least he got value while drafting for needs.I expected the corner to be at ten.

Yeah the trade down is nice. I'm meh on the corner even though be looks like a good player but happy to have the extra picks. Hopefully those college QBs hold up through the season and the Bills can get up there next year.

Disagree. I think their vision is to build a roster of great athletes with the caveat that they have to be great people too. That way they can gel and play as a true team instead of the "look at me" type guys who are all about the paycheck.

And I happen to agree with that approach. This McDermott guy might really be what this franchise needed all along. Could just be that he and Whaley are going to be an excellent duo.

I think Andy Reid saw Mahomes and thought "this guy has the potential to be Donavan McNabb 2.0 or maybe even a little better. And that is why he was giddy over him. I think Bills could have got a little more from them yet, but I am happy.

Yep. Pretty much. We won't know for years to come whether this truly was the right decision. Seems like it was at this point in time, but time might prove otherwise.

Yes, we all had our say and now the fun part of the draft starts. Once real games happen there will be a lot more to discuss.