Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-winners-and-losers-from-first-round-of-2017-nfl-draft/ar-BBAsJ3H?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP#page=4

Loser: Chiefs gave up the farm for project QB, Patrick Mahomes

Let’s get this out of the way first: Patrick Mahomes has elite athletic traits. He can throw the ball over the top of them mountains and can run like the wind. He’s essentially Colin Kaepernick, version 1.2.

But he isn’t ready to start. He’s got a lot of learning to do before he’s going to be able to step into a pro system and make pro reads.

We predicted he’d be the second quarterback picked in this draft. But when we did it we were predicting a nightmare scenario in which teams panicked and reached for quarterbacks.

And make no mistake about it, the Chiefs not only reached for Mahomes here but also gave up way too much to do it (details here).

• Haha (+1) 1

Andy Reid always has the last laugh, until there's a two minute drill or a question of going for a 2 point conversion.

Then it's like California slides into the ocean from an earthquake for the Chiefs.

I agree. They over achieved this year and picked 27th. I highly doubt they pick higher than 24 next year. Won't likely be below 16 but I could easily see it anywhere between 17-24.

So the Chiefs over achieved for 4 straight years now, but this time you know they'll get their comeuppance?

Andy Reid always has the last laugh, until there's a two minute drill or a question of going for a 2 point conversion.

Then it's like California slides into the ocean from an earthquake for the Chiefs.

This is the truth. Andy "Big Love" Reid is good until it counts. Then he blows the game, and his son gets hooked on heroin. Crunch time isnt his thing, and coincidentially, neither are crunches.

I agree. They over achieved this year and picked 27th. I highly doubt they pick higher than 24 next year. Won't likely be below 16 but I could easily see it anywhere between 17-24.

Everyone in their division improved,

They have a very difficult schedule.

I can see them between 17 - 24

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-winners-and-losers-from-first-round-of-2017-nfl-draft/ar-BBAsJ3H?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP#page=4

Loser: Chiefs gave up the farm for project QB, Patrick Mahomes

Let’s get this out of the way first: Patrick Mahomes has elite athletic traits. He can throw the ball over the top of them mountains and can run like the wind. He’s essentially Colin Kaepernick, version 1.2.

But he isn’t ready to start. He’s got a lot of learning to do before he’s going to be able to step into a pro system and make pro reads.

We predicted he’d be the second quarterback picked in this draft. But when we did it we were predicting a nightmare scenario in which teams panicked and reached for quarterbacks.

And make no mistake about it, the Chiefs not only reached for Mahomes here but also gave up way too much to do it (details here).

How dare you?!?!? Mahomes is the next Brett Favre, a true gunslinger, a Franchise QB no question, a future HOF'er. Blasphemy you post!!! BLASPHEMY!!! You better repent.

Lots of guys have the athletic ability and the potential, but you gotta live up to it. Mahomes has done exactly nothing in the NFL, and until he does, the Bills won this trade.

Chiefs were in a better position to draft Mahomes than we were (if we even wanted him). They have Alex Smith to start this year and let Mahomes sit and learn. The Chiefs also have a great coaching staff topping it with Andy Reid to coach him up for a year.

The Bills on the other hand, we don't have that proven starter (meaning if Tyrod fails, everyone would be calling for Mahomes and he would be thrown in way too early and fail). On top of that, I'm not sure we have the competent coaching staff to coach up a raw QB like Mahomes (or any of the QBs taken in the first).

Chiefs got a good deal for the future and I think we got a good deal too.

Lots of guys have the athletic ability and the potential, but you gotta live up to it. Mahomes has done exactly nothing in the NFL, and until he does, the Bills won this trade.

Does not matter in the least what Mahomes does in future. BILLS were NEVER picking him.

Just checked a Chiefs message board and they are all laughing at how little they gave up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=307403&page=2

this is just after the fact pounding their chest gloating ,,lets see how this all pans out in a few years to judge the merits of the trade then...we needed bodies to plug in this year, in a deeply talented draft class, ...KC got the player they wanted good for them...they can laugh all they want it means nothing to me....their division is no cake walk Raiders and Denver to contend with.....lets see how well they really do this season and how valuable next years 1st round pick really is before laughing too hard Chief fan... :pirate: