Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

Andy Reid was basically fired in Philly for a run of questionable personnel decisions and poor drafting. I'm not buying into the idea that he "knows what a QB looks like."

He did not draft Bret Favre. Tom Modrak had more to do with the selection of McNabb than Reid. Has Reid developed QBs - absolutely. But these are the QBs that he has been directly involved in selecting in the draft:

Kevin Kolb

AJ Feeley

Andy Hall

Mike Kafka

Nick Foles

Aaron Murray

Kevin Hogan

I'm not worried that Reid sees something in Mahomes that we don't.

Also, the Chiefs have the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL next year and have to play OAK twice, DEN twice, SD twice, NE, DAL, NYG, and PIT. Not to mention that the strength of their team was a number 1 defense that is typically an unsustainable trait from year to year.

And finally, they were many articles written last year midseason that the Chiefs were about to fall off a cliff. As we all know, they didn't. But that fall is coming.

I think this is a pretty calculated trade that we made here.

The trade is what it is, there's good and bad in it, things will pan out as they do, hopefully to the Bills advantage.

But people on here trying to pretend the Chiefs are a hopeless organization is quite funny.

Pretty simple. If Mahomes turns out to be the elusive franchise QB it was a fantastic trade for KC and the Bills are the dopes that didn't take him. But if Mahomes flames out then KC made a much bigger blunder than the Bills did with the Watkins trade up. It will be a few years until we see which it is.

But in the meantime, the Bills are setup for a hell of a 2018 draft and still are managing to plug a few holes in this draft. And should have a chance at a "franchise" QB themselves next year. A sound, conservative move IMO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I like Mahomes as a prospect and was disappointed the Bills didn't go after him to be a franchise QB. But I think Chad Kelly is better so I still have hope.

If I was the Chiefs tho, I wouldn't be laughing. QBs are risky and have a high failure rate and he probably won't help them next year.

Next year, we can expect the Raiders to be better. The Broncos may be better if Paxton Lynch is decent. The Chiefs could be looking at a 3rd place finish in their division. That is a bottom 15 pick.

I think that you have to remember that no one expected Mitchell Trubisky to be anywhere near the NFL draft last year at this time. Mahomes wasn't even considered a first or second pround pick. Darnold has very little film at this point, we don't know if he's a sure thing at #1. A lot can change between now and then.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pretty simple. If Mahomes turns out to be the elusive franchise QB it was a fantastic trade for KC and the Bills are the dopes that didn't take him. But if Mahomes flames out then KC made a much bigger blunder than the Bills did with the Watkins trade up. It will be a few years until we see which it is.

But in the meantime, the Bills are setup for a hell of a 2018 draft and still are managing to plug a few holes in this draft. And should have a chance at a "franchise" QB themselves next year. A sound, conservative move IMO.

In the meantime, the Chiefs have a ticket to the championship lottery and the Bills do not.

Wait 'till next year! The Bills really are the new Cubs.

The Bills pick up probably two more starters in 2 years for a team with lots of holes. Chiefs picked up a no impact guy in 2017.

If Mahomes is a franchise QB, good on them but Bills win either way.

You don't actually believe that, do you? We probably won the trade...but if Mahomes is a franchise QB, Bills LOSE. Hard.

Until Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2 to the Jets/Browns

49ers/Chargers are possibilities as well...

We seem to forget that here

The Chiefs aren't a lock to make the playoffs. They aren't that good. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go 8-8.

They are like 43-21 or 41-23 since Reid has been there.

11-5 or 10-6

Andy Reid was basically fired in Philly for a run of questionable personnel decisions and poor drafting. I'm not buying into the idea that he "knows what a QB looks like."

He did not draft Bret Favre. Tom Modrak had more to do with the selection of McNabb than Reid. Has Reid developed QBs - absolutely. But these are the QBs that he has been directly involved in selecting in the draft:

Kevin Kolb

AJ Feeley

Andy Hall

Mike Kafka

Nick Foles

Aaron Murray

Kevin Hogan

Also, the Chiefs have the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL next year and have to play OAK twice, DEN twice, SD twice, NE, DAL, NYG, and PIT. Not to mention that the strength of their team was a number 1 defense that is typically an unsustainable trait from year to year.

And finally, they were many articles written last year midseason that the Chiefs were about to fall off a cliff. As we all know, they didn't. But that fall is coming.

They were saying Sirius this morning it was bad for KC. Andy Reid falls in love with a player and thats the end of it, good or bad

Kevin Kolb

AJ Feeley

Andy Hall

Mike Kafka

Nick Foles

Aaron Murray

Kevin Hogan

Oh **** some smart posting. I agree...

do you really think the Bills were gonna take Mahomes? not sure what you are saying?

trading isn't a zero sum game

both teams can "win"

You're not sure what I'm saying? I'm saying that if Mahomes is a franchise QB, the Bills lost that trade.

Would you trade a rookie CB, 3rd round pick, and next years 1st for a franchise QB? If the answer is no...