Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

I feel like passing on OJ Howard will be a bigger lament.

More likely yes. And we get to play him this year. Wonder if we have anyone who will be able to cover him well enough? Not likely. Dude looks like a legit stud play maker.

I think it was a good trade for both teams.

Kansas City has been a consistent playoff team, but stuck in neutral because they have reached their ceiling with current QB Alex Smith. They really liked Pat Mahomes and believe Andy Reid can develop him into a franchise quarterback within the next 1-2 years.

Buffalo believes they can compete for a Wild Card spot this season, but know they are 2-3 years (at bare minimum) from being a legitimate contender. Thanks to a new coaching system and free agent losses, they have a lot of holes to fill. Getting an extra pick this year helps. Getting an extra pick next year may help even more.

Either way, it will take a few years to know for sure who made out in the deal. Most of that will depend on how good Mahomes ends up, and how the Bills use the Chiefs 1st Rounder next year.

I think it was a good trade for both teams.

Kansas City has been a consistent playoff team, but stuck in neutral because they have reached their ceiling with current QB Alex Smith. They really liked Pat Mahomes and believe Andy Reid can develop him into a franchise quarterback within the next 1-2 years.

Buffalo believes they can compete for a Wild Card spot this season, but know they are 2-3 years (at bare minimum) from being a legitimate contender. Thanks to a new coaching system and free agent losses, they have a lot of holes to fill. Getting an extra pick this year helps. Getting an extra pick next year may help even more.

Either way, it will take a few years to know for sure who made out in the deal. Most of that will depend on how good Mahomes ends up, and how the Bills use the Chiefs 1st Rounder next year.

That about sums it up. I'm just PO'd about the third rounder, which i don't call a "third" but rather the 91st pick. The pats and a number of other teams believe that this draft is about 75-80 legit starting prospects deep. I feel the Bills should have gotten a late second given the 17-slot swap. Oh well.

I feel like passing on OJ Howard will be a bigger lament.

I felt this way initially about the same player since he was still available, until it occurred to me that the Bills are rebuilding. So getting the extra 3rd in this deep draft along with a solid corner and the extra 1st next season would seem to be a very solid move for the long term.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Opinions on QBs can differ, although the Bills still need to draft one (or two) this year and/or next.

I would have liked a 2nd this year instead of a third. Chiefs believe they have landed a franchise type prospect at the all important position after all.

Still I would have liked this trade a lot more had they taken Foster at 27. Why not take the guy who projects elite instead of just good pro?

I get the character stuff but would you pass on L. Taylor or Ray Lewis because they are not choirboys?

I just hope we are not in Ralph/Jauron territory or it will be a long 4 years or so.

Yeah and think their first will be 28-32 ummm ok Chief Fans

if they are in the championship game or super bowl without adding talent to this years roster, i dont know why they needed that there QB so badly

That about sums it up. I'm just PO'd about the third rounder, which i don't call a "third" but rather the 91st pick. The pats and a number of other teams believe that this draft is about 75-80 legit starting prospects deep. I feel the Bills should have gotten a late second given the 17-slot swap. Oh well.

to be fair, odds are there will be a bunch of those 75 still left at 91.

itll just be tougher identifying which.

but i agree. without looking at the chart i thought itd be the 2 not 3. even if we sent back a later pick im surprised we couldnt have gotten the 2.

Edited by NoSaint

Opinions on QBs can differ, although the Bills still need to draft one (or two) this year and/or next.

I would have liked a 2nd this year instead of a third. Chiefs believe they have landed a franchise type prospect at the all important position after all.

Still I would have liked this trade a lot more had they taken Foster at 27. Why not take the guy who projects elite instead of just good pro?

I get the character stuff but would you pass on L. Taylor or Ray Lewis because they are not choirboys?

I just hope we are not in Ralph/Jauron territory or it will be a long 4 years or so.

May have been discussed elsewhere, but i think the shoulder injury scared away the Bills after last year.

In the days leading up to the draft, ESPN reported there was a possibility of a second shoulder surgery following a medical recheck in Indianapolis.

There is just no way they could take the risk that their first round choice needed surgery two years in a row

This is what a real GM is all about. Seeing the future and planing for it. listen to how he values the QB position. If your honest you will see we have a lot of problems in Buffalo. Watch it and learn

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/John_Dorsey_Confident_in_Choice_of_Patrick_Mahomes_II/32100dc7-55ac-476f-a128-51f0998d6c5d

Edited by billsareback

Good for them, really good for them is this is what we have become. We're lackies, were other teams farm team ( Patriots )so you say if he turns out to be a franchise QB good for them. Really well it's thinking like that, that got us where we are,no playoffs going on 20 years. I embarrassd to be a Bills fan right now. All we do is draft position players and then let the walk. We are losers with a capital L. All we did was let KC come in steal the next Farve. You know that guy Andy Reid the guy with the 12th most wins in NFL history. He was so surprised and happy that the Bills were so stupid to do this trade. He decided to look at future Super Bowl ring designs after he raped the Bills. Because Mr. Reid is about to do a lot more winning with Super Bowl titles and such in his future. You see he knows what a generational talent looks like at QB. He now has his hands on Farve 2.0 in Mahomes. So spare me the good for them statement. You and all your other loser fans can go to hell. You are a bunch of has beens, living in the world of 1970 NFL football. You see today's NFL is about passing. Real good QB's like Brady, Rogers and there ilk can beat the best defense that money can buy everytime. Passing on Mahomes who happens to be the next great one will haunt this franchise for years. This is not a day to celebrate unless you a Chiefs fan. If your not in morning as a Bills fan then you have no pulse. I am truly embarrassed to be a fan of this team since 1972 right now.

I'm so glad you've seen the future to know Mahomes will be as good as Favre. There's a lot of work that needs to be done with Mahomes, and his footwork is terrible. I swear hes just the same QB as Cardale, except a bit more athletic? Both have cannons, both have some deep ball issues, both put up some gaudy numbers in a system suited to their style of play. IF Mahomes can become a better QB than Smith within a year then great for KC, if not we're laughing and going man that was ballsy and if may have backfired in KC.

What fans seem to have lost sight of here is Bills parlayed a pick(Mahomes), who by being available at pick 10 caught the eye of a team with a QB on a treadmill going nowhere fast but consistently(Alex Smith) that they have time to develop. A developmental QB(Mahomes)that Bills NEVER intended to pick and will not play first yr or so, into 2 additional very good picks.

Win for Bills.

Would you rather have Lattimore, or, Smith and extra 3rd and extra 1st??

NO BRAINER by Whaley. He killed this.

Edited by cba fan

The Bills just traded Patrick Mahomes to the Chiefs last night. There will be different opinions than yours. Sorry that you don't get a perfect world of agreement with your reflexive defense of Doug Whaley's draft board.

Isn't it possible that the Bills have more trade power for next's years draft? I mean, with all the next year's QBs are a better class talk an all? Maybe we'll see the real value of this trade next April.