Greatest Bills moment you've been a part of?

In the 70's (I forget what year) there was a home game when the hatred towards Miami was at an all time high... Dave Washington, former Bills' linebacker, picked up Mercury Morris on a running play and literally body slammed him to the turf.. I mean a World Wrestling Body slam. It happened right in front of us. The crowd went crazy. We have had some great moments but as a young Bills fan that hated Miami, that was the best!

I always remember that play as Neil Craig a DB buffalo got from Cincinnati. Morris tried to go over him and Craig lifted him and had him on his shoulder and just drove him head first to the turf (and that was the original turf which was closer to painted concrete)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October 12, 1981

Kicked the crap out of the Dolphins on Monday Night Football 36-26. The Bills came out strong and had a big lead at the half, then coasted the rest of the way.

We were on the 50 yard line, 7 rows behind the Miami bench and abused them to no end. That was fun.

Bills vs Raiders- Sunday Night game in 1990. Scored 24 points in the 4th qtr. Blocked punt return, Odomes stole the ball and ran in for a TD, I think both teams were undefeated at the time.

it was, he also made an amazing catch, 1 handed, diving catch the play or 2 before.

I was on the sidelines for that game. Raiders side. Brother worked for united press.

The comeback and the Raiders championship game are my two favorites.

Hands down these two without a doubt for me.

I was stationed in Korea for the comeback game, so it didn't come on until 2am Monday for me. I had three roommates so I had to turn the volume practically all the way down. I remember when the Oilers went up 35-3 right after halftime, that was the first time in my life as a Bills fan that I said, "well there's always next year." I had conceded the victory to the Oilers.

Then, touchdown Reed, touchdown Bebe, and I started to think, "can we do this??" And by George we won...i swear, when Christie kicked the field goal to seal the deal, I quietly turned off my tv, walked outside in the freezing cold Korean air, and screamed at the top of my lungs...it was the most exhilarating feeling I'd ever felt..

The Raiders 51-3 destruction was the most satisfying....God what I would give to feel those feelings again! Who knows...maybe this could finally be our year 👍

The Bills breaking the 0-20 losing streak against Miami.

That was epic. Tearing down the goalpost and then the fans passing a section of it up the stands to Mr. Wilson's booth.

OJ breaking the 2k barrier in 14 games is another.

It may be hard to believe for some, but there have been some great ones along the way. How about the Monday night comeback vs. the Raiders to open the '74 season? The obvious ones are so obvious, I try to think of some of the more forgotten moments. And of course, recency bias comes into play as well.

I always remember that play as Neil Craig a DB buffalo got from Cincinnati. Morris tried to go over him and Craig lifted him and had him on his shoulder and just drove him head first to the turf (and that was the original turf which was closer to painted concrete)

I have a photo of that in my scrapbook

Won't let me upload

Edited by Helpmenow

The day the goal posts came down!

https://youtu.be/eX27Wq2ob6c

September 7, 1980: 17-7 W
Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY. 64°

In the opener of 1980 season, the Bills looked to take down the Dolphins for the first time since 1969. Miami was riding a 20 game win streak versus Buffalo, and it looked as if the Bills might extend that streak to 21, until things got interesting at the end of the fourth quarter. The Bills scored 2 touchdowns in the last 3:42 of regulation to snatch victory from the Dolphins. A huge win for the team resulted in the fans storming the field and ultimately tearing down the goal posts at Rich Stadium. Team owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. was as thrilled as the fans were. “It’s the biggest win this club’s ever had,” he commented. “Bigger than the AFL championships. I’ll be happy to buy new goal posts.”

And THIS is what I want to feel when we FINALLY trounce the Pats.

Edited by cd1

Awesome, Im not getting old!!! I remembered his name and everything!!!!

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed that. I have a ton of photos that I kept.

Edited by Helpmenow

Season opener in '80. We were up in the nosebleeds & a section of the goalposts made it up to where we were. They wanted to throw it over the back of the stadium but security wouldn't let them, so it just got left up there. Got to touch that post. Saw another section carried by about 10 guys outside the stadium in the concourse. Not sure how they got it out, but they did.

The 'let it snow' game. As soon as the snow started to fall, the Fish quit.

Shula's last game as a head coach. Tinsdale had the game of his life & everybody was heckling Cox.

September 24, 1989 - Bills 47 Eulers 41. 5 TD passes by Kelly. Kelso ended the 1st 1/2 w/ a TD return of a blocked field goal. Reed got whirlibirded on the Houston 2 & held onto the ball. Early in OT Talley forced a fumble by destroying an Euler but the refs blew the play dead for forward progress. Zendejas missed a FG at the end of that drive & Reed scored the game winner on the next drive.

Been to some other cool ones, but those were my personal favorites.

Last time I was in Rich Stadium, the great Todd Collins led a most epic comeback against the Colts. It may not have been THE comeback, but it was a lot of fun.

Looking back though, if I could've been present for any Bills' moment, it would have to be the parade for Drew Bledsoe.

Wasn't a great moment for Bills but I was at the AFL championship game they lost to KC for the opportunity to go to first SB.

Monday night vs Raiders 1974.

Game when Bills beat Dolphins for first time on ten years.

I was at the comeback against the Oilers in 1993. I was home from college and didn't get tickets in advance, but decided to go the morning of as I heard that the game wasn't close to sold out.

I still remember watching people trying to climb the gates to get back in after they had left.

Great post, the greatest moment in Team History!

Wasn't a great moment for Bills but I was at the AFL championship game they lost to KC for the opportunity to go to first SB.

Monday night vs Raiders 1974.

Game when Bills beat Dolphins for first time on ten years.

I was in the 5th grade in 1966 and really believed the Bills would win the SB; I left the stadium almost in tears that day!

Mine also... Great day... Cold but Great!!!

I was in Saudi Arabia waiting for DESERT STORM to start when the Bills blew the Raiders out of the Rich in 1990; was walking on clouds after that!

1. Comeback game

had just moved the day prior so my house was filled with boxes. almost left the game to go home and unpack but my dad convinced me to stay. personal disaster averted

2. 51-3

my dad and me sat in my seasons tickets for an hour after the game just soaking it all in

3. Sam Adams rumbling stumbling

went with a whole big group of ppl. one guy was complaining the whole time how we were going to get crushed. loved seeing him after the game

4. three TDs in seventy-seven seconds or whatever it was

two huge comeback games back to back. called my parents from a payphone in a drunken euphoric stupor. they still tease me about it

Another one for me was Monday Night Football 9/16/1974 - Bills 21 Raiders 20 after Ahmad Rashad's 2nd TD reception in the last couple of minutes.

I was there....that was freakish. I believe George friggin Blanda(47 yrs old at the time) barely missed a 50 yd field goal at the end.

Same here OP, Week 3 2011 against the Pats. First time I got to make it to the Ralph and couldn't have picked a better game. Came back from 21-0 that day. When Florence got the pick 6 in the 4th quarter it felt like the stadium was gonna collapse. The fan behind me was so excited he started hugging me. Then when Lindell hit the winning field goal as time expired you couldn't even hear the cannon that was shot it was so loud.

Just a great day.

Edited by Another Fan

First Bills game I went to, 1974 Bills came back against the Raiders with two late touchdowns. Ahmad Rashad and Joe Ferguson hooked up on two late touchdowns.

I was there....that was freakish. I believe George friggin Blanda(47 yrs old at the time) barely missed a 50 yd field goal at the end.

It was the best night I have had in then Rich Stadium.

Beating the pats in 2011. Beating the titans opening night 2000. Beating the pats 2003

Im younger obviously

I saw hooks, I saw the comeback. '11 Pats is still tops - like winning a Super Bowl.

Edited by Success