Greatest Bills moment you've been a part of?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting down at a table with Darryl Talley and having him tell me, with tears in his eyes, that the initiative started on this board literally saved his life.

Everything else pales in comparison.

That really was incredible what you did. Thank you for making that happen!!

1) 51-3

2) Meeting Ralph in an elevator pregame on a Monday night game in Dallas in the 80's (Bills lost to Dallas so game was not memorable)

3) Watching Bills in a Super Bowl in person at the Rose Bowl (forget the game, at least I got to see one with them in it in person)

4) Being at the KC and Denver AFC Championship games (in addition to the Raiders game)

Edited by norton20

Watching the Bills schedule release hype video on bb.com reminded me of my favorite moment I have ever been a part of in Buffalo. The comeback against NE in 2011 to end the drought! Particularly the Drayton Florence interception after it was deflected by Dareus's helmet. Unforgettable, and I will remember that for the rest of my life. What's your favorite memory?

This very same moment came to mind. "and they are going bonkers in Buffalo!" what a great comeback win,

My first Bills game was the afc championship game against the KC Chiefs. Took a metro from North Buffalo and sat in the last row of the stadium on a bitterly cold day. Saw Joe Montana get knocked out by Bruce Smith as the Bills went to the SB.

Sadly, it's been all downhill since I was 10. I was something like 12-0 at a Bills game for awhile. Now; I'm shocked when we don't lose in a painful way! But on to next year!

The Comeback.

A few weeks prior, I had gotten into the habit of tossing my baby daughter into the air every the Bills scored. Not only did she get tossed a lot that day, I kept tossing her higher and higher in my excitement until she almost hit her head against our vaulted ceiling.

Watching OJ get 2,000 yards was special, too, though it wasn't an exciting game otherwise.

The Bills-49ers no-punt game also provided me with a lasting memory.

Sitting down at a table with Darryl Talley and having him tell me, with tears in his eyes, that the initiative started on this board literally saved his life.

Everything else pales in comparison.

That's awesome. And you deserved that moment.

Being on the sidelines for the very last game at the rockpile with buffalo news photographer Bob Smith.

I remember Bob Smith.

My mom helped write a cookbook for some good cause (the American Cancer Society?) and Bob Smith came to our house to take pictures for an article. He told some good Bills stories while taking photos - though sadly I don't remember any of them. That was, after all, nearly 50 years ago.

Edited by hondo in seattle