Is it okay to have a second team to root for?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game in Carolina this year should be fun as always. We have a huge following down here in Charlotte and ALWAYS show up to BofA stadium.

I need to touch base with Kenny to see where he plans to be for the panthers game. Tavern I'd guess.

It was a fun team back in the early 2000's with Davis & Foster, Smith & Muhammad on O and Jenkins, Peppers, Morgan, & Minter on D

their bravado and attitude since delhomme has been ridiculous. They act as if they were the patriots. They act as if they're the best team to exist. When in reality they've done nothing but get second, once. And I guess in this country 2nd place is suitable for most.

If they lose keuchly to retirement, and he really should if he gets another concussion than it will be a nightmare for that team as Davis and keuchly are the biggest part of their success.

Not to forget how poor their fan base is. Most can't name more than 3 players. I've yet to find more than a dozen people who can name 7 players. And very few who can name the starting lineup. They're arrogant. They're not football smart. They are just awful fans and being in the stadium is proof of that.

I spent as much of my life in Charlotte as I have in Buffalo. I root for the Panthers when they aren't playing the Bills. I have convinced myself it is acceptable because they are an NFC team.

I lived in Charlotte for 20 plus years...Still live in NC now...My Nephew became a huge Panthers fan so I do like to follow them...Definitely pull for them...Cam is my favorite non-Bills player...Really like Greg Olsen too...

But if they play the Bills I hope they get crushed... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

i think it is almost a necessity to have a second favorite team if you love football. Being a Bills fan will make you suffer. For over forty years I've sucked up watching the pathetic display of ineptitude we call Bills football. Every year I get my hopes up, follow this board and watch every game. The truth is, it is a painful habit full of disappointment. Playing fantasy football and having other teams to cheer for let's me enjoy more games without the emotional attachment I have for the Bills.

My three laws of football:

1. Always root for the Bills.

2. Always root for the Packers, unless they're playing the Bills.

3. Always root for the team playing against the pats*, unless the pats* winning would somehow help the Bills. (In that case I don't watch the game, because I can't stomach rooting for the pats*.)

Why the Packers? As others have said, small market team, rabid and loyal fan base, and overall classy organization. I also like that they're owned by the fans.

And the president of the Packers is a Clarence kid - Mark Murphy.

I do not have a second or alternate favorite, but that is just me.

I always watch the Bills, and keep an eye on other games, at other times and try to find one that actually looks like they know the game.

:bag:

I have a soft spot for the Browns and follow them during the year. Pulling for the Patriots or Dolphins or just jumping on some teams bandwagon I agree though is unacceptable.

No it is not ok

I have a soft spot for the Browns and follow them during the year. Pulling for the Patriots or Dolphins or just jumping on some teams bandwagon I agree though is unacceptable.

Yes. The Panthers are mine so I knew of our HC before he came here

My "other team" plays college basketball and wins a lot more than the Bills. I rely on them to help me cope.

I liked the Bucs when Dungy was there, but jumped ship with Gruden in town. I'm in Atlanta now and the new stadium has me very intrigued, but with Sirius radio I never really get subjected to much info on my home town team. I really think that changes habits to some degree.

Whatever non AFC East team is playing the Patriots

Well you got that mostly correct... WHATEVER TEAM is playing the Patriots is the correct answer....

But I at the same time confess to like watching and cheering for Pittsburgh in the playoffs...

Yes. My second team is the Packers. Lived there for 7 years. Wife is a fan and has a piece of "stock". Great fans and history.

Bills are always my number one but will watch the Pack if Bills aren't on.

No it is not OK.

I've been a Bills fanatic for almost FIFTY years and gosh darn it until they win the big one I'm riding this thing out without distraction or compromise.

GO BILLS

Have you started planning for final expenses? Because you'll need to before the Bills win one.

:lol:

Whatever non AFC East team is playing the Patriots

yes.

My "other " team is the Raiders. Because My Son roots for them. Good time to be a fan i think too, conveniently enough.

He is also a Bills fan. But a realist too.

I think it is fine to dig other teams.

But and its a Big Butt. No teams from AFC EAST EVER

EVER

I confess ... The patriots* are my #32 team.

My #2 team all season long is whoever is playing the patriots*

Not a CFL team ? That would be my 32nd. I want them to self immolate starting with Brady on the sideline and spreading to BB next.

Yes i have thought about this before

I generally like when the steelers win, because we get to wear jeans at work during the playoffs and it is somewhat exciting to be around the buzz in a city of a super bowl run. But I don't root for them in any way. I am generally aware of them with a mild interest in their success.

They have a great tradition and and historically good program. I respect them for sure

I generally like when the steelers win, because we get to wear jeans at work during the playoffs and it is somewhat exciting to be around the buzz in a city of a super bowl run. But I don't root for them in any way. I am generally aware of them with a mild interest in their success.

That's like me in Atlanta, people around you are generally more happy, so that's a good thing and it's kind of fun. (Unless you live in New England territory, that's a different set of rules.)

I would normally say that you can only have one major team and then a second team in the NFC. But, since it's the Browns, you get a pass.

So, you get one major team and a second in the minors? :)