• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for today's 12 copycat hot taek bbmb style threads with titles like

"Why does saen mcd hate jebus?"

"Pugela FAIL playerz no longer engaeged"

"if ewe dont think we need a new champlain UR an ****head"

I really only visit the site now to read posts like these so I can at least crack a smile. The board has gone to stojan.

Just a word of reality here for ya's

None of these people have anything to do with how the team has been playing, except the one strength guy might have some small impact.

Likewise Scott Berchtold had nothing to do with team performance.

None of the front office decision makers who have presided over the last 17 years have been replaced. Not one.

You mean like the GM and scouts? They've all been here since 2000? That's news to me.

@salsports

As I reported after Rex was fired, new Bills HC was going to oversee/have power to hire/fire support staff, almost no matter who coach was..

Previously (as far as back as I'm aware) these support positions fell under "football ops" department. They now fall under the head coach.

I really only visit the site now to read posts like these so I can at least crack a smile. The board has gone to stojan.

Yeah, I'm going to reserve final judgement until the season begins. But I have no reason to believe things will improve by then. I fear TSW may have jumped the shark with the recent influx. I've never met him, but by all accounts SDS seems like a solid dude. I hope he finds a way to monetize all the extra traffic, make it an advantage somehow.

None of these people have anything to do with how the team has been playing, except the one strength guy might have some small impact.

None of the front office decision makers who have presided over the last 17 years have been replaced. Not one.

whose reality is that? They have replaced several GMs, scouts and Littman Edited by YoloinOhio

Litman is gone. So you're wrong.

Would love to see an actual person play Buffalo Bill Cody. Heck, how about he keeps a live buffalo on the sidelines? Trots in on a horse and fires some cap guns in the air before the game to get us going. Could have a whole wagon/western theme and everything.

Also found this: http://www.thekickisgood.com/the-curse-of-billy-buffalo/ WTF is a Huddles?

I personally think it would be awesome to run a real buffalo out ahead of the team when the come out

I could take it or leave it on the Bill Cody stuff

(quote his quote) Do any of you think the Bills need a new nutrision expert and a guy who knows how to tone muscles with everyday objects found around the house. I could at least show them how to eat right and how to do isolation exercizes with big cans of tomatoes and rubber band workouts. There is no need to spend money on big machines when the players can use things right in the building to get strong and I can prove it.

(quote his quote) Do any of you think the Bills need a new nutrision expert and a guy who knows how to tone muscles with everyday objects found around the house. I could at least show them how to eat right and how to do isolation exercizes with big cans of tomatoes and rubber band workouts. There is no need to spend money on big machines when the players can use things right in the building to get strong and I can prove it.

there used to be a strength coach at osu who swore by the rubber band workouts. Mid 2000s.

I personally think it would be awesome to run a real buffalo out ahead of the team when the come out

I could take it or leave it on the Bill Cody stuff

If they do that, I hope they train the buffalo to take a crap on the visitor sidelines right before kickoff.

He's the nutritionalist and it takes like a 30 sec Google search to see he's well respected outside of football as well.

Is an equipment manager changing going to help us win games as well? McDermott just wants to hire his boys.

That a baseless assumption. Have you talked to McD and this is what he told you? What's your source?

You defend Liburd but you malign McD without any information.

Maybe Liburd did something wrong that you don't know about. Maybe as good as Liburd may be, McD is bringing someone onboard even better.

Before you attack someone, you have to gather your facts.

Personally, until I know more, I reserve judgment.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Yup. Any chance of implementing a minimum number of posts which are replies before folks can start a new thread?

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 51m51 minutes ago

More

Since I wrote this, McDermott has dumped 4 #Bills support staff people. Could he actually fire Whaley? http://on.rocne.ws/2nDeKX1 via @DandC

this reporter gets his tweets posted here sometimes and seems really dumb, fwiw. McD has control over some support staff. It was reported months ago before McD was hired that the new coach would have control over said support staff, which he must have missed. FO executives such as the General Manager are not "support staff". Edited by YoloinOhio

Strength & conditioning is a very important position. It's not just toning muscles and putting less cheese in the omelets; these guys are responsible for making a player's body right for the specific way he is used in the coaches' scheme. Bulking up, slimming down, managing speed versus power - all in a way that maximizes a player's performance late in games and limits the risk of injury. We always wonder if every team deals with injuries to the extent the Bills have over the years. The answer is probably yes, but if the new coach sees this as an area that needs improvement then I'm all for a change. Not a "nothing" move.

Edited by Willyville Guy

Yeah, I'm going to reserve final judgement until the season begins. But I have no reason to believe things will improve by then. I fear TSW may have jumped the shark with the recent influx. I've never met him, but by all accounts SDS seems like a solid dude. I hope he finds a way to monetize all the extra traffic, make it an advantage somehow.

From a low volume consumer here... This is the furthest I've got in a post for a while. I'm amazed that a site like this can exist at all after such a long drought, so just happy there is something here.

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 51m51 minutes ago

More

Since I wrote this, McDermott has dumped 4 #Bills support staff people. Could he actually fire Whaley? http://on.rocne.ws/2nDeKX1 via @DandC

Chaplin and ball boy fired by McDermott. Could Whaley be next? Jason LaCanfora gives us his take.

He's the nutritionalist and it takes like a 30 sec Google search to see he's well respected outside of football as well.

Is an equipment manager changing going to help us win games as well? McDermott just wants to hire his boys.

Hey, just ask the hoodie, not everyone knows how to properly inflate the ball for the maximum advantage for your team,LOL!

The current 'strength and conditioning' team, has largely been in place, not long after Nix took over. I think it can be argued that it was time for a change anyway, as the injury side of things, didn't seem to improve overly much, from the guys we had before.

Our new HC is somewhat detail orientated, and it may well be that enough details weren't forthcoming from the guys who just got canned. (The Chaplain is probably just because he believed more in Rex than Jebus).

McDermott seems totally meticulous in his planning, and I rather suspect that he wants the same degree of attention to detail, from those around him - even if they are 'merely' support staff.

Getting rid of Dan Liburd is a disgrace. He was a great guy and he's losing his job because our HC feels this entitled.

Dan was the guy who trained and guided a blind runner thru the Buffalo marathon. Great job McDumbass.

Hearing on the radio they might fire the equipment manager too. Ross Tucker just tweeted "Bills getting rid of the wrong people...".

I think you are wrong. Good people don't mean they are good at their job. I surely don't think you can judge Coach McD on this with no info on why at all. Different philosophies....McD has been evaluating for two months, this isn't a knee jerk reaction. Your comments seem to be a knee jerk reaction.

Changing losing ways and losing cultures is a great thing.

Oh, well. There goes the chance for the chaplain to break the tie in the draft war room.

Ridiculous. Everyone knows that is the job of the janitor.

There really is nothing to see here. People come and go with leadership change in most organizations. This off-season has been particularly brutal on the over reacting.

If they do that, I hope they train the buffalo to take a crap on the visitor sidelines right before kickoff.

I think we would have to scout potential buffalos at the University of Colorado to see if they have that ability or potential

Why is this a problem?