Bills are matching offer for Groy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, who is out there that's better?

Let's overpay so we could complain about being in cap hell next season.

Groy is making backup money. As others have said, maybe he can compete at RT but otherwise Wood's contract is up next year, he walks, and Groy slides in on the cheap.

My guess is if that happens and seems likely, that Groy would get a bump in pay through an extension. Still likely a team friendly deal.

Let's overpay so we could complain about being in cap hell next season.

My guess is if that happens and seems likely, that Groy would get a bump in pay through an extension. Still likely a team friendly deal.

....should be real careful with that "voice of reason" crap around here......

great news, we need depth on the line.

Agreed

Do not cut Wood. Glad posters aren't the ones making decisions at OBD.

Why wood you cut Wood? He has another year on his contract ?

Chopping wood is another story altogether

I didn't think they'd match the offer, figured they would go with ducasse, Lewis, and maybe a draft pick as interior backups. I'm glad they matched it and was wrong about the tender, I thought it would be better served to put the 2nd round tender on him.

I'm curious to see how it works out with gillislee.

Clear out $3.2 million in cap space which can be carried over int next season.

So cap space is more important that actual players now?

can't Groy choose where he wants to play now that we matched?

He has a signed contract with the Bills...so no he can't. He plays for Buffalo

Man, if you watched this kid when he came in, he looked every bit as solid as Woods. Watch the tape!

I would cut bait with Woods now or see if you can trade him for something and use that cash on a position of need, perhaps another DB or maybe bring Zach a brown back. Just saying...

Man, if you watched this kid when he came in, he looked every bit as solid as Woods. Watch the tape!

I would cut bait with Woods now or see if you can trade him for something and use that cash on a position of need, perhaps another DB or maybe bring Zach a brown back. Just saying...

Woods isn't even on this team.

Ummm......Woods is already gone to Rams. Wood is still our starting center....adds to credibility if you can get the names right....just saying....and I respectfully disagree. Groy is great depth for the inevitable injury. I will be happy if he never has to fill in for Wood.

Could another team still come in and make another, higher offer sheet?

No. RFA player gets to sign only one offer sheet. That offer sheet is an actual contract that goes into effect with one team or the other, either immediately upon the Bills matching or once the 5 days are up without matching.

No. RFA player gets to sign only one offer sheet. That offer sheet is an actual contract that goes into effect with one team or the other, either immediately upon the Bills matching or once the 5 days are up without matching.

Glad to hear that and glad OBD decided to match the offer.

I'm just waiting for all those that ripped Whaley to come swarming into this thread to eat crow and admit that Whaley played it right.

Any time now...

Oh, and can I make a request? Can the loyal TBDers not lump all us BBMB refugees into the "awful, reactionary swine" column? Can you just judge us individually as posters? I've now seen a few different posts that were derogatory/inflammatory toward "the new guys" as a whole, and that's not really fair. Some bad apples may have come over, but some good ones did, too. Don't assume that just because someone hasn't been on this forum all along, they're automatically crazy Hill People.

As a group the BBMB refugees have done themselves few favors. The people who constantly identify with the now defunct board and refuse to follow custom by creating lamp and duplicate threads give that whole group a bad name. There is a large group of solid posters that have come over, you're amongst them. You, teef and a bunch of the solid people who actually make an attempt to assimilate are welcome. I would encourage you to consider yourself just a TBDer and stop defining yourself by where you posted before.

I'm just waiting for all those that ripped Whaley to come swarming into this thread to eat crow and admit that Whaley played it right.

Any time now...

Oh, and can I make a request? Can the loyal TBDers not lump all us BBMB refugees into the "awful, reactionary swine" column? Can you just judge us individually as posters? I've now seen a few different posts that were derogatory/inflammatory toward "the new guys" as a whole, and that's not really fair. Some bad apples may have come over, but some good ones did, too. Don't assume that just because someone hasn't been on this forum all along, they're automatically crazy Hill People.

Eat crow? That's so BBMB...

Interesting. I often see posts pissing and moaning when players aren't perceived as loyal to the team. And here I see several "Cut Wood" posts. Not sure you could find a more loyal or stand-up Bill.

Idiots

they want to save this cap money or sign a new guy. Guy has battled tons of injuries he might not be the best but he is a solid player and he's a bash brother

Idiots

they want to save this cap money or sign a new guy. Guy has battled tons of injuries he might not be the best but he is a solid player and he's a bash brother

Who's out there you can sign that would be an upgrade?

He broke his leg early in his career and got hurt last year, outside of that hes been very dependable. Far from tons of injuries.

Cutting solid starters is a fantastic idea when you don't have to.

Edit

Sorry, read your post again and realized you were criticizing those who want to cut him, not those who don't.

Edited by elroy16

Maybe the Rams now want to trade for him and offer us a pick.

well, they are kind of screwed. As they waited for the Bills to decide, the Ravens traded their starting center Zuttah to SF. So they lost out on both him and Groy.

Elflein to Rams in whatever round they actually have picks this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

^ That's why it was smart for Buffalo to wait to match so that it deters other teams from offering our RFAs offer sheets.

By doing so their hands are tied with regards to other FAs/trade targets and they miss out.

Glad to have Groy back, but we have a lot of O-linemen now.

Starting 5+ Groy+ Lewis+ Ducasse+ Kujo+ Henderson (suspended for start of year so it buys us an extra roster spot for the first month or so).

Maybe they keep 9 to start the year and someone gets injured by the time Henderson gets back? Dunno.

Edited by Mikie's Bills

^ That's why it was smart for Buffalo to wait to match so that it deters other teams from offering our RFAs offer sheets.

By doing so their hands are tied with regards to other FAs/trade targets and they miss out.

Starting 5+ Groy+ Lewis+ Ducasse+ Kujo+ Henderson (suspended for start of year so it buys us an extra roster spot for the first month or so).

Maybe they keep 9 to start the year and someone gets injured by the time Henderson gets back? Dunno.

Are you assuming Mills starts @ RT? I hope it doesn't go that way.

I can't see them keeping Lewis now can you?