Bills are matching offer for Groy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid move, shows forward thinking. Wood is in his last year of the contract. Could maybe extend him for another year maybe 2, and create some cap to cover up for the Groy hit. This could also conceivably be Incognito last season. Cogs is under contract through 2018, but I doubt he sees that $6M salary with a $1.5M dead cap hit at the age of 34.

Have Groy be back-up this season, rotate him in at both LG and C to keep his skills up, then slot him in a LG for 2018, then slide him over to C when Wood moves on. Easier to find a LG than a quality C.

GM-ing is easy

.......still could never figure out why clubs don't hire from "fertile meccas" like this for top notch GM's.......baffling..............3,442 have their resumes' in hand..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Good move.

Groy deserves a deal, for the way he filled in.

His versatility at Center or Guard, gives us some possibilities to eventually replace either Wood or Incognito, as and when necessary.

It may be that he is viewed more as Incognito's potential replacement, rather than Wood. Either way, a solid depth/backup signing, with an eye to the future.

As others have said, smart move keeping him. We could have two new starters on the line after the upcoming season. Woods'contract is up after 2017 and Ritchie is getting up there in age. Groy will give us great depth this year, and could replace either one of them next year for cheap. I've read the Bills love Patrick Lewis as well. He has started games at G and C for the Seahawks in the past.

People love to crap all over Whaley but the guy finds good FAs on the cheap who contribute every year. Tyrod, Z.Brown, Lorenzo Alexander, Ritchie, Groy, Gillislee etc.

I'm just waiting for all those that ripped Whaley to come swarming into this thread to eat crow and admit that Whaley played it right.

Any time now...

Oh, and can I make a request? Can the loyal TBDers not lump all us BBMB refugees into the "awful, reactionary swine" column? Can you just judge us individually as posters? I've now seen a few different posts that were derogatory/inflammatory toward "the new guys" as a whole, and that's not really fair. Some bad apples may have come over, but some good ones did, too. Don't assume that just because someone hasn't been on this forum all along, they're automatically crazy Hill People.

And since he wasn't tendered to a higher level, he came even cheaper since the rams based this contract off of that level!

Probably what the Bills tried to do with Hogan but the Pats overpaid, kind of like how they overpaid for Gilmore - wait a minute...Do other teams in the NFL overpay for free agents??? I thought that was only us!