Bills are matching offer for Groy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley didn;t do anything here. LA signed him to a fair contract and we matched. LA did all the work for him here - if LA really wanted him, they would have offered him a bigger contract

Sure he did something: he tendered Groy at the lowest level instead of the 2nd round level, which would have paid him more money than he's making now, and just for 1 year. Now the Bills get him for $250K less and for 2 years.

Whaley didn;t do anything here. LA signed him to a fair contract and we matched. LA did all the work for him here - if LA really wanted him, they would have offered him a bigger contract

Smart.

Why would I mow my grass when I can make you do it?

Edited by Triple Threat

....still might not be a bad idea to ask Wood to structure the $7.85 million he is due...........convert $6 mil to signing bonus and set salary at $925K for next two years.....free up $3.925 mil more in cap space....I think if you cut him after June 1, 2018 (Groy takes over?), the remaining $3.925 is spread over two years as dead cap....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Sure he did something: he tendered Groy at the lowest level instead of the 2nd round level, which would have paid him more money than he's making now, and just for 1 year. Now the Bills get him for $250K less and for 2 years.

Probably what he hoped happened with Hogan, but NE had to be jerks.

So does this mean Whaley sucks for overpaying for Groy?

.....according to the "Whaley Fan Club", OF COURSE.......paying your starter $7.85 mil and a guy who filled in admirably along with ability to play anywhere on the OL is locked up for $2.5 mil/yr through 2018 sounds like mumblin', stumblin', grumblin' & rumblin' to me...............

dont want to turn this into a hogan thread but I just think the Bills didn't value Hogan as highly for their offense as NE did for theirs.

There is such a thing as a player wanting to leave. They probably knew Hogan wanted out, especially when the Pats beckoned.

dont want to turn this into a hogan thread but I just think the Bills didn't value Hogan as highly for their offense as NE did for theirs.

This. Hogan wouldn't have changed the fortunes of the Bills if he had played for them last year, nor would he have changed the fortunes of the Cheaters if he hadn't played for them last year.

There is such a thing as a player wanting to leave. They probably knew Hogan wanted out, especially when the Pats beckoned.

in hindsight with all the injuries at the position it would have been nice to have a warm body, but he didn't have a good year in 2015. Or 2016 either except for a couple big games. If he has a do-over knowing about all the injuries that were going to occur maybe he tenders him at a 2nd rd pick and no one makes an offer. But he barely made it out of Bills TC in 2015 and that before he hurt the wrist. Edited by YoloinOhio

Now the question is where does he play. Could play RT and move to center next season when Wood walks. Or cut Wood now and move Groy to center. I would cut Wood now.

I've never been a huge fan of Wood, but don't understand the value in cutting him.