Bills Release Safety Corey Graham

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this coming when looking over roster on spotrac yesterday. Savings trumps talent. Easy decision.

Best of luck to him moving forward. But i have a feeling this means the Bills still have a big signing in store.

Edited by dezertbill

Was thinking the same thing.

Yeah, we were thin and are now thinner. That said, hard to argue his production was at the level he was being paid. He was a great nickel corner I thought when he first came here. The transition to safety under RYAN did not go well, although nothing really did. The secondary was poor last year, for a variety of reasons so some rebuilding was in order. Bill in NYC's head is going explode when we spend two of our first three picks on DBs but it seems that is where we are heading.

No. They didn't. Hyde was alright. Poyer played 6 games and is a special teams guy and backup.

That's not correct.

Poyer started all 6 games in which he played, and played 355 snaps. He averaged 5 solo tackles per game.

Hyde was actually quite good...did you watch him?

Edited by thebandit27

Why should that matter?

I think that's fairly obvious, if you have the opinion that the Bills are in trouble with Hyde and Poyer as the starting safety's, I'd think you'd have had to see them play.

Of course I suppose you could always go by stats and what you've heard.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

On the Browns he started at times. That's not saying much.

Wait, is it impossible that a player on a bad team could actually be a good player?

Also, see above: he started all 6 games that he played last year, and he put up good tackle numbers.

That's not correct.

Poyer started all 6 games in which he played, and played 355 snaps. He averaged 5 solo tackles per game.

Hyde was actually quite good...did you watch him?

Poyer is no more than a backup in this league. He started for the worse team in the NFL. Hyde is versatile but not great at Safety, or Nickel. Average. Hyde is a poor tackling and a liability in coverage at times. He is somewhat of a playmaker at times.

Poyer is no more than a backup in this league. He started for the worse team in the NFL. Hyde is versatile but not great at Safety, or Nickel. Average. Hyde is a poor tackling and a liability in coverage at times. He is somewhat of a playmaker at times.

But did you watch him play?

Saw this coming when looking over roster on spotrac yesterday. Savings trumps talent. Easy decision.

Best of luck to him moving forward. But i have a feeling this means the Bills still have a big signing in store.

The only two guys left I'd say qualify as a "big" move would be TJ Lang to play RT or Hightower, though he doesn't really fit McD's scheme. Possibility we are getting ready to pay big for guys like Lorax, Zach Brown or a guy like Claiborne, but I really hope we aren't.

Please.

Tayshaun Gipson lead the NFL in INTs while playing for the Browns.

I have no idea why you think Hyde wasn't a good player at safety (or nickel for that matter). Here's a nice piece that a Ravens site put together on him:

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/2/25/14715616/sleepers-on-the-2017-free-agent-market-micah-hyde-the-all-around-corner-ravens-packers

Good, solid player on the rise.

I really think that we are going for Byrd. My guess is that they want the hubbub to quiet down and see the market, but I would want to see him return.

I liked Graham, but he was always best as a #3 corner. The move to safety didn't really pan out, and he's on the wrong side of 30. With a year left on the deal and a load of cap space to free...this doesn't shock me.