Per Carucci, Bills now leaning toward cutting Taylor

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.

Source: WGRZ BuffaloMar 3 - 9:57 AM

My initial reaction to this is "Stop....Just Stop". (not to you, Yolo, but to Carruci et al).

I've said before, Bills aren't going to make their QB decision in a vacuum unless the plan is to tank. From other players who are staying/trying to be signed I don't think the Bills plan is to tank the season (eg Kyle Williams). So the question is who else is available at QB they think they can sign? And how do they think Taylor compares to whoever that is?

Expect to see an increasing flurry of yes/no/maybe prognosticatios as March 11th approaches.

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.

Source: WGRZ BuffaloMar 3 - 9:57 AM

So this really means that the media have no idea and keep throwing crap against a wall that doesn't stick.

How frustrating that must be for them.

Edited by Acantha

You gotta stop listening to Vic. He's got no sources left anymore, just bitter that the Bills cut him out.

Sounds like he is throwing stuff at the wall again, his reasoning is bc McDermott said they are still evaluating lmao

if there's been no official 'commitment' by now, you would think he's gone.

the silence from OBD says it all.

Not saying they won't move on from Tyrod - but I have the opposite take. Technically the bills only need to make an announcement/make a big deal out of it if they are going to cut Tyrod. They can technically do nothing up until and past march 11th, they don't need to do anything to keep Tyrod except let the time run out. He's already under contract. They don't even need to sign their names on anything.

if there's been no official 'commitment' by now, you would think he's gone.

the silence from OBD says it all.

I disagree. I think the Bills aren't sold on Taylor as a long term answer, but they also don't want to paint themselves into the EJM/Tuel Time corner of 2013. I think right now it's a Giant game of chicken where the Bills have a list of calls they want to make March 7-9. There's a price that would be a no-brainer for them to bring him back, Taylor's agent understandably doesn't want to settle for that when maybe Taylor could get more on the open market. There are probably 1-2 guys the Bills would prefer to bring in if they can get them at the price they've set, if not they will stay with Taylor and draft.

We need to move on. He isn't the QB that is going to get us where we need to go.

I think that's probably correct, but they still need someone to throw the ball next year unless they're planning on tanking.

Well, this is not how you treat the future of your franchise. Can you imagine a relationship in real life like this?! Bills can't put a ring on it, time to move on.

You mean one where the man holds the power in the relationship? I'm sure most betas of the world couldn't fathom how that is possible.

Why not just keep him?

If that's the decision, then fine. But if they're moving on, it would be silly not to trade him if there's truth that there is interest from more than 1 team.

Well, this is not how you treat the future of your franchise. Can you imagine a relationship in real life like this?! Bills can't put a ring on it, time to move on.

To your point I think the fact the this "decision" has been so publicly a played out tells me the Bills have already decided he's not the guy next year and are just seeing if they can get something for him.

Not the case. You have to keep trying until you hit 21. We have not done that for 20 years and where are we now?

Plus we aren't dealt QBs. We get to pick them. We even determine how much money to offer, or, in the draft, who to pick. Further, we even have a hand in determining where we pick by our play and trades!

I disagree. I think the Bills aren't sold on Taylor as a long term answer, but they also don't want to paint themselves into the EJM/Tuel Time corner of 2013. I think right now it's a Giant game of chicken where the Bills have a list of calls they want to make March 7-9. There's a price that would be a no-brainer for them to bring him back, Taylor's agent understandably doesn't want to settle for that when maybe Taylor could get more on the open market. There are probably 1-2 guys the Bills would prefer to bring in if they can get them at the price they've set, if not they will stay with Taylor and draft.

Yes, I agree with the 'game of chicken' analogy, but as it stands, and the way you're laying it out sounds like they will keep him if they "have to". Which also lends itself to the current official silence.