Per Carucci, Bills now leaning toward cutting Taylor

Tyrod had the best running game this century and open receivers all over the field. I'm just not buying the 'blame everybody else' thing with Tyrod, he had every opportunity to come through last year.

I would only blame the defense. Defense couldnt wash its dishes. Tyrod was not supposed to be the end all be all here. He was jus supposed to be a solid game manager and let the run game and top 5 defense do its job. Then our defense fell off a cliff and Tyrods expectations went higher then they were supposed to be.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First or second year TT maybe. He's getting worse and worse as time goes on. Just like Kaep.

I gotta see another year with a healthy #1WR to agree with you. He flashed improvement this past season. If more of the same next year then yea but until then he still has a ceiling he aint reach yet

We will all know in 8 days what the truth on Tyrod is. Until then all of these reporters are just throwing :censored: at the wall and hoping something sticks. The organization is the exact opposite of what it was 3 months ago.

My initial reaction to this is "Stop....Just Stop". (not to you, Yolo, but to Carruci et al).

I've said before, Bills aren't going to make their QB decision in a vacuum unless the plan is to tank. From other players who are staying/trying to be signed I don't think the Bills plan is to tank the season (eg Kyle Williams). So the question is who else is available at QB they think they can sign? And how do they think Taylor compares to whoever that is?

Expect to see an increasing flurry of yes/no/maybe prognosticatios as March 11th approaches.

...and do they think Cardale and/or one of the rookies could step in and provide competent QB play?

The impatience shown by Carucci and others -- bordering on a hissy fit because nobody will tell them anything -- is sort of amusing to sit back and watch.

Carucci and LaConfora are 2 people who can tell me the sky is blue and the sun will rise and I wouldn't believe them, zero credibility with me

Well, technically, the sky isn't blue and the sun doesn't rise, but your point is still stands.

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.
Source: WGRZ BuffaloMar 3 - 9:57 AM

No, the Bills haven't flip-flopped anything. They have said nothing. It's the reports from people like Vic that keep flip-flopping.

I find it interesting that with the new coaching staff there are less leaks coming out of OBD....so these reporters have no clue and now appear to be making stuff up to still get their name out there! I'm going to just wait until there is official news from OBD!

Guess he should have played like that vs Oakland/Balt/Pitt/NE when the results mattered.

Our defense was lights out in those games too. <_< They gave up 113 points in those 4 games. That's awesome.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.

Source: WGRZ BuffaloMar 3 - 9:57 AM

Typical TBN hack garbage. The Bills have stated ZERO plans for Tyrod publicly. I'd love it if TBN could explain how one consistent statement that hasn't vacillated means that the Bills "can't seem to make up their mind?" Absolutely ridiculous.

No, the Bills haven't flip-flopped anything. They have said nothing. It's the reports from people like Vic that keep flip-flopping.

I agree with this overall, but I maintain that what little McD did say after nothing at all for two months, spoke volumes.