The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

mean nothing to me or what offense he played.

my eyes don't lie I see the next great on and he's there for the taking.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work WB that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

https://youtu.be/k4rGwPzAnbo

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

https://youtu.be/ON16iCklqLY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no one that can predict the future but you better believe that some people are better at evaluating QB's than others. It did not surprise me that Oakland hired Mckenzie from the Green bay front office and then grabbed Derek Carr and are now a rising power.

Who would you rather have scout a QB? Kyle Shanahan or Doug Whaley? Doug Whaley or the Green Bay GM, Director of College Scouting?

Cousins will be available next year - Shanahan

Brett Hundley in 2018 also - Packers

We could have those guys scout for us by proxy :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

mean nothing to me or what offense he played.

my eyes don't lie I see the next great on and he's there for the taking.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work WB that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

https://youtu.be/k4rGwPzAnbo

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

https://youtu.be/ON16iCklqLY

He has some talent, no doubt, but to say he will be a probowler is just silly. The guy is very raw, he still has to learn how to read a defence. He throws the ball a ton in that system, but probably only 3-4 throws translate to the NFL level. A lot of times he makes one read, if the player is not open he runs around and throws a dart, again he is not athletic enough to make that happen at the NFL level. He has to learn how to read a defence, use footwork (probably the worst I have seen on an NFL prospect), improve ball placement, and rely less on his legs. He has as talented an arm as you will see on a QB. There are still a lot of things that have to go right for that to happen. He does have a chance to be a probowler if everything goes right. He is a second round prospect and needs to sit for a couple years in my opinion. If we are going QB at 10 I want Watson.

Well, I like both Mahomes and Watson. I'd be happy with either. I just hope we get a qb early as I see the value of Taylor as a bridge qb lost if you are not developing a qb. If you could guarantee Darnold to the Bills next year, I'd be willing to pass this year, but no one can do that.

That's too bad. My board would be significantly better.

Well here's the good news: we're a proverbial-money-where-your-mouth-is kinda place, so post your board and a few years from now you can show us all how right you were!

There are many of us that do so; feel free to join the club

Pat Kirwan

@PatKirwanRFN

A well respected QB coach for decades in the NFL told me Mahomes has the best arm talent since Brett Favre. Raw & not ready but worth it!

7:21 AM - 28 Feb 2017 · Dallas, TX

I highly doubt this kid has a stronger arm than Cardale. Having a strong arm is nice but it shouldnt ever be the sole deciding factor upon aquiring a player.

In talking to Vic on NFLR yesterday, he feels McDermitt is a defensive guy which is why he has TT as a placeholder for two years, and will focus heavily on making our defense tops in the league, hence the top draft picks should go defense considering we need at a minimum a CB and Safety. This is a very deep draft in both categories. He also thinks the journeymen WR he picked up will hold us over this year.

His opinions not mine, but he does have an interesting perspective.

In talking to Vic on NFLR yesterday, he feels McDermitt is a defensive guy which is why he has TT as a placeholder for two years, and will focus heavily on making our defense tops in the league, hence the top draft picks should go defense considering we need at a minimum a CB and Safety. This is a very deep draft in both categories. He also thinks the journeymen WR he picked up will hold us over this year.

His opinions not mine, but he does have an interesting perspective.

Yeah, that's a depressing as hell perspective. If true, Jeffis Magic's pessimistic read on McD is right on target.

I appear to be one of the few who likes both Mahomes and Watson. I've been convinced enough on Mahomes to put him first on my list.

We need to get the future franchise qb who needs time to develop now so that when the bridge qb contract is up, the franchise qb is ready.

Not hard to understand, really.

Edited by Dr. Who

Yeah, that's a depressing as hell perspective. If true, Jeffis Magic's pessimistic read on McD is right on target.

I appear to be one of the few who likes both Mahomes and Watson. I've been convinced enough on Mahomes to put him first on my list.

We need to get the future franchise qb who needs time to develop now so that when the bridge qb contract is up, the franchise qb is ready.

Hey, there is a draft coming up. I really hope that the Bills can set up a draft board correctly and make the right picks. But this organizational structure has me nervous. The Pegulas haven't learned anything from Rex other than hire a guy that doesn't talk as much.

Meanwhile, back to Mahomes. He was spotted at Applebee's giving out autographs.

It definitely goes without saying that Patrick Mahomes is been one of the most talented quarterbacks of them all. But to be so down-to-earth as to take time during dinner to snap pictures and sign autographs? Now that’s rare.

Mahomes was spotted at the local Applebee’s at 4025 on South Loop 289 late Thursday night. He put aside placing an order to show some love to his West Texas fans and fellow diners.

The record-breaking quarterback was with a group of people when, naturally, he was bombarded by fans asking for pictures and autographs. Like the kind West Texan that he is, Mahomes put aside ordering his chicken strips to take pictures and sign autographs.

http://1340thefan.com/patrick-mahomes-applebees-pictures/

I got my PhD at the University of Dallas. I like Texans. They're good people in my book.

Two decades of incompetence could be wiped away if we are bold enough to show a little ingenuity.

It seems the NFL teams drafting before and after us are all working out Mahomes. Let's just hope that the Bills rise to the occasion and not try to wait too long to draft a QB again. If Mahomes is on the board run to the podium and hand in your card.

Hey, there is a draft coming up. I really hope that the Bills can set up a draft board correctly and make the right picks. But this organizational structure has me nervous. The Pegulas haven't learned anything from Rex other than hire a guy that doesn't talk as much.

Meanwhile, back to Mahomes. He was spotted at Applebee's giving out autographs.

It definitely goes without saying that Patrick Mahomes is been one of the most talented quarterbacks of them all. But to be so down-to-earth as to take time during dinner to snap pictures and sign autographs? Now that’s rare.

Mahomes was spotted at the local Applebee’s at 4025 on South Loop 289 late Thursday night. He put aside placing an order to show some love to his West Texas fans and fellow diners.

The record-breaking quarterback was with a group of people when, naturally, he was bombarded by fans asking for pictures and autographs. Like the kind West Texan that he is, Mahomes put aside ordering his chicken strips to take pictures and sign autographs.

http://1340thefan.com/patrick-mahomes-applebees-pictures/

Mahomes is just fun to watch throwing the football.......perhaps not the best QB in the class, but there isn't an obvious franchise QB in the bunch, so he's my favorite on arm talent/potential alone.

I think this would be an ideal spot for him........my comp is Matt Stafford........and IMO having to compete and earn a starting job away from a productive QB like Taylor would have greatly accelerated Stafford's growth as a QB.

Oh boy. Jeff Fisher 2.0.

This is fine.

God, I am going to absolutely HATE IT when we pass on this kid...I might need counseling

How do people not think he should be the number 1 overall pick?

If your team needs a QB, your silly to pass on his potential

I had a conversation again with my friend that is a scout yesterday. He couldn't stop talking about Mahomes. Said he could be generational, can't pass on a player like that at QB.

I had a conversation again with my friend that is a scout yesterday. He couldn't stop talking about Mahomes. Said he could be generational, can't pass on a player like that at QB.

Alright, I think you've convinced the folks who are open to being convinced. Now you're just ensuring we're all gonna be especially depressed when we take a cb.

Alright, I think you've convinced the folks who are open to being convinced. Now you're just ensuring we're all gonna be especially depressed when we take a cb.

LOL, you better not read this glowing in-depth write up from a Chiefs site...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/3/24/15022108/know-your-draft-crush-patrick-mahomes

"Those types of throws have nothing to do with being in a certain type of offense or facing poor competition. Making a pinpoint pass 30 yards down the field is something most NFL quarterbacks don’t do regardless of a clean pocket. It’s a tough thing to do. Additionally, Mahomes did that kind of thing WHILE under pressure quite often, which is incredibly rare at any level."

The draft is so far away, I'm expecting that by the time it arrives, expectations will become that Mahomes will be picked way before #10. So I'm starting to read up more on Watson, so I can have a fall back QB to get excited about who has other potentially great qualities like twice schooling Alabama's defense on the biggest stage. If both are gone, then I hope they trade back for a 1st rd 2018 draft pick (looking to be a great QB draft class and you'd have two 1st rd picks to deal with a team picking very high).

Edited by 1billsfan

This sounds awfully familiar to those who wanted Nassib. All because the media said he should go in the first, remind me again where he was drafted.

You don't think teams will link then selves to players in order to drum up false interest?

Mahomes is, in no way worth the tenth overall.

This sounds awfully familiar to those who wanted Nassib. All because the media said he should go in the first, remind me again where he was drafted.

You don't think teams will link then selves to players in order to drum up false interest?

No...it's because I've been all over this guy for a year:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186337-2017-nfl-mock-drafts-top-prospects/page-10?do=findComment&comment=3987818

Except that Mahomes had 40 more TDs (passing/rushing), over 2000 more yards passing, and a 20 point higher QB rating in 15 less games played.

When the QB gurus of the NFL are all giving Mahomes private workouts, including with Arians and the team owner, you better believe there is fire behind the smoke. He can make throws that less than 5 QB's in the NFL can make. Throw in the accuracy, pocket presence, lightning release, ability to throw on the run, and love for football and you don't mess around. If the Bills pass on him they will regret it.

Great work.

Edited by jeffismagic

When the QB gurus of the NFL are all giving Mahomes private workouts, including with Arians and the team owner, you better believe there is fire behind the smoke. He can make throws that less than 5 QB's in the NFL can make. Throw in the accuracy, pocket presence, lightning release, ability to throw on the run, and love for football and you don't mess around. If the Bills pass on him they will regret it.

Great work.

He ain't going 10th bruh. If he goes 10, we'll definitely regret it. There are no surefire, can't miss QB prospects this year. There isn't even a consensus #1...maybe Watson... Edited by r00tabaga