Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't need to do that to prevent AW from making a play. R Woods, whose blocking everyone looks to as the way a WR goes about things, never looks to take the other team's players out of the game, just out of the play.

It was dirty.

kj

This is the larger issue at play here. I tend to agree with the players that hits over the middle take place at such a speed, there isn't time for a player to "check down" and hit someone in the ribs, chest etc.

This play was not the case.

He had a bead on him from the snap and could have neutralized him without targeting his head. Bush league play. He chose to inflict the most damage on the play, and aimed for the head.

I think it's laughable that you can get ejected for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties (like taunting, celebrating, or removing your helmet) but intentionally trying to injure someone means nothing WRT it.

Edited by Doc

Left his feet and went to the head. Filthy. should be fined and suspended. Don't care how "bad" he feels.

Dirty play. NFL will probably just fine because they have no balls anyway.

Bills players should have legally pounded this A@@hole into the ground the rest of the day and did not.

Dirtiest play of year- nothing legal about it when he left his feet.

It was clearly a head shot (and his second personal foul of the game), and I'll be looking for a serious fine without suspension. He should have been booted which might have changed the game. Having the Big Guy in there would have made it different too, but he's too lazy to stretch during his month off....

I think it's laughable that you can get ejected for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties (like taunting, celebrating, or removing your helmet) but intentionally trying to injure someone means nothing WRT it.

Just like smacking your wife/GF will get you a game, but smoking doobie a couple of times will get you 4. The NFL's discipline policies make no sense.

Just like smacking your wife/GF will get you a game, but smoking doobie a couple of times will get you 4. The NFL's discipline policies make no sense.

Worse than that, they're stupid. When injuring guys doesn't merit ejection but celebrating or saying/doing mean things do...

Really? In the moment? He lined up in the slot and sprinted right at Williams, taking a shot at his head (which he had to leap to hit).

Not only was Aaron defenseless, but Landey had plenty of time to consider how to block him. I thought it was one of the dirtiest things I'd seen in a long time.

It was a targeted hit. no question. I have rarely been his upset about a play

AW was the man he was supposed to block on the play. Of course it was pre-meditated. He practiced it all week.

I guess we can flag and fine players for doing film work throughout the week now too.

you watched the play too then? No way you saw what he did and say okey dokey

It was dirty, he should have been ejected, and he should be fined.

Yet, even if you do not agree with the above, you DO NOT do that to a fellow player.

It was gratuitous and clearly likely to injure.

I was hoping for payback, especially when Landry caught the onsides kick. Pile on and pummel him!!! (But that's the angry fan in me).

We play this team again. I would have no problem if Landry were carted off in a stretcher in that game. In fact, I would have no problem signing a player off the street to bring that about, although I would hope one of AW's teammates would take it upon himself.

Why on earth would Landry be shaken if he dished out what he believed was a clean hit?

Why would he be shaken if he dished out a dirty hit? He would have had the intent to hurt him wouldnt he have? I dont remember Bill Romanowski feeling bad for anyone.

It was a targeted hit. no question. I have rarely been his upset about a play

you watched the play too then? No way you saw what he did and say okey dokey

its not like I wanted one of our players to get absolutely crushed on any play. Especially AW as he's always been one of my favorites. But the fact is, it wasn't a dirty play. It's football. His job on the play was to take out the safety on the play and he did it. If AW didn't get hurt on the play nobody would have a problem. And if Glass Goodwin did that to one of their players everyone here would be saying it was amazing and the game changed in our favor after that hit.

They clearly out muscled is the whole game. It's sucks. We need to stop being all butthurt and deal with it. We got our asses kicked up and down all day.

No, it was a clean hit. Landry appeared clearly upset about the injury. If the Bills defense had continually hit as hard as this wide receiver hits they likely would have won the game. It was a pathetic performance by the Bills, on both sides of the line.

What a stupid argument

But the fact is, it wasn't a dirty play. It's football. His job on the play was to take out the safety on the play and he did it..

Again: he could have taken AW out of the play without taking him out of the game. There is a difference. Robert Woods has done it many times and no one faults him for his run blocking.

This is ridiculous.

Again: he could have taken AW out of the play without taking him out of the game. There is a difference. Robert Woods has done it many times and no one faults him for his run blocking.

This is ridiculous.

you play the game 100% or not at all. It was a tough hit. Sucks that AW was the victim here, but it wasn't a dirty hit

you play the game 100% or not at all. It was a tough hit. Sucks that AW was the victim here, but it wasn't a dirty hit

No one ever accused Robert Woods of playing less than 100% even though he never launched himself into someone's ear hole. That is a BS argument. Again, you can take someone out of the play without taking him out of the game.

No one ever accused Robert Woods of playing less than 100% even though he never launched himself into someone's ear hole. That is a BS argument. Again, you can take someone out of the play without taking him out of the game.

yes. You can. But that doesn't mean that the hit that Landry was malicious or had intent to injure. It just means that he hit our player extremely hard and our player got hurt. It's a tough game. People get hurt all the time. AW wasn't playing heads up on the play and he suffered because of it.

he better be.

look at him jumping and leading with his shoulder right to AW's head.

cheap21.0.gif

Article 8 (j) says:

"If a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any

part of his opponent’s body.

Note: This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9.

That's a big "and."

He didn't use any part of his helmet. He used his shoulder. I wonder how they will rule. ?? He clearly "launched."

Yes. That was dirty as hell. Hope that isn't the last we've seen of A Williams, would hate to see him go out like that.

it wasn't dirty. Williams should have been looking, Landry clearly hit him with his shoulder and not his helmet. Could he have gone lower? Sure but hits like that are common and he clearly didn't want to hurt Williams but block his guy.

Article 8 (j) says:

"If a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any

part of his opponent’s body.

Note: This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9.

That's a big "and."

He didn't use any part of his helmet. He used his shoulder. I wonder how they will rule. ?? He clearly "launched."

watching that, both feet didn't leave the ground but were natural steps, it looks like a launch because he raises his shoulder into him which proper technique.

It sucks that Williams got hurt but that is part of the game.

It was an unbelievably stupid and reckless hit that actually made me sick to my stomach. I don't know if I've ever felt that way from a football play.

I understand why it didn't happen, but I was very disappointed that there wasn't any payback dished out. That a-hole deserves his comeuppance.

watching that, both feet didn't leave the ground but were natural steps, it looks like a launch because he raises his shoulder into him which proper technique.

It sucks that Williams got hurt but that is part of the game.

What are you watching?!?

He plants BOTH feet and then launches or jumps at him, with BOTH feet leaving the ground. There is nothing proper about Laundry's technique, he was aiming for the head with his shoulder. They don't teach that and it's not "part of the game".

He pretty blatantly went for Williams' head. He took a cheap shot at a guy with a history of a neck injury.

If the league really wants to act like they care, that crap has to be eliminated. I was sort of disappointed to see such a little retaliation from our team.

He should have been ejected on the spot.

What pissed me off was how he looked at Williams laying on the ground as if he was a boxer who just threw the KO punch. There is no doubt in my mind it was intent to injure. It will come back to him one day...

So, Jarvis Landry already had 1 unsportsmanlike penalty heading into that play.....

If he "spins" a football again, he's ejected.

If he attempts to take a guy's head off, it's only a 15 yard penalty.

Come on!

Unbelievable no? My son immediately said after the call"Landry's gone, its is second"...hard to explain why it was not.

Then step up and do something about it losers.

It was dirty.

loser team does nothing about it. Show some heart and !@#$ somebody up. I'm furious about this one, disgusting lack of heart. Protect your brothers

if they respond, we say they have no discipline and it is rex's fault.

AW was the man he was supposed to block on the play. Of course it was pre-meditated. He practiced it all week.

I guess we can flag and fine players for doing film work throughout the week now too.

this is just trolling...

Buddy just said we declined the PF and accepted the holding call maybe that's why.

i could not comprehend why it was first and 20 and not first and 25...was this ever explained or asked?

Edited by plenzmd1

yes. You can. But that doesn't mean that the hit that Landry was malicious or had intent to injure. It just means that he hit our player extremely hard and our player got hurt. It's a tough game. People get hurt all the time. AW wasn't playing heads up on the play and he suffered because of it.

It's very simple. You must not have seen the play so let me explain it. Landry ran full speed and jumped, shoulder first, and crushed AW directly in the head. If you did see it, do you acknowledge at least that happened?

If you don't, you're blind. If you do, then what are you saying exactly?

Back in the day, a guy once hit me in the neck so hard I couldn't breathe for maybe 30 seconds. For a moment, I actually thought I might suffocate to death.

In another game, he hit me as I was going high for a ball. I saw stars as I was turned upside down and landed square on my head.

Nearly 40 years on, that guy's still a close friend.

In the heat of battle, when you're making split second decisions, things happen.

Back in the day, a guy once hit me in the neck so hard I couldn't breathe for maybe 30 seconds. For a moment, I actually thought I might suffocate to death.

In another game, he hit me as I was going high for a ball. I saw stars as I was turned upside down and landed square on my head.

Nearly 40 years on, that guy's still a close friend.

In the heat of battle, when you're making split second decisions, things happen.

That was not a split second thing given the distance Landry traveled to deliver the illegal hit to the face of Aaron. He lined him up and launched his shoulder directly into his facemask. It was a premeditated and dirty hit.

That was not a split second thing given the distance Landry traveled to deliver the illegal hit to the face of Aaron. He lined him up and launched his shoulder directly into his facemask. It was a premeditated and dirty hit.

Which, unfortunately, went unpunished on the field. So weak.

AW should have been aware of the offense blocker. His reckless see ball, get ball style is going to end his career early. On a team that seems to lack passion, it hurts me to knock him for it. His style of play is just too dangerous. As far as the "block" is concerned, it was quite dirty. I have a question to all of you who played football and say it was clean. Were you taught to block by leaping off your feet and giving hitting the opponent close to their head? don't think so.

Looking at that gif spool over and over, it's hard to get why AW did not see Landry coming. Landry was the only Fin even close to him and he didn't come at from his side. Strnge.

Not sure why the second intentional foul/conduct didn't get him tossed though (although that taunting call was bogus).

Looking at that gif spool over and over, it's hard to get why AW did not see Landry coming. Landry was the only Fin even close to him and he didn't come at from his side. Strnge.

Not sure why the second intentional foul/conduct didn't get him tossed though (although that taunting call was bogus).

the ejection penalties must occur outside of the actual play. In otjer words. After, before, sideline, not a part of actual football