Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point is that we can argue this point ad nauseam, but AW still got his bell rung and was gone for the day and the offender kept playing and helping his team.

News bulletin - it's the NFL. Big, strong, fast men colliding constantly. Some will end up getting hurt.

point is a third stringer should have.m been sent out to ensure Landry took an ambulance ride too.

You're not getting an argument from me.

Said it before, I'll say it again, every time he takes or gives a hard shot, I cringe. I think it's time for him to retire. I don't enjoy seeing him out there.

my point is that we can argue this point ad nauseam, but AW still got his bell rung and was gone for the day and the offender kept playing and helping his team.

The only way the NFL will really eliminate this type of stupidity is to do the same thing as the college game: hit to the head, you leave the game.

That was one of the worst plays I've seen in a while. He ran full speed and jumped into AWs head, leading with his own shoulder. I wish someone on defense would have taken care of business and beat the living daylights out of that little scumbag pipsqueak

That was one of the worst plays I've seen in a while. He ran full speed and jumped into AWs head, leading with his own shoulder. I wish someone on defense would have taken care of business and beat the living daylights out of that little scumbag pipsqueak

that is key in this play, had he blocked AW in the chest it would have been one hell of a hit but he jumps, hits his head and knocks him cold.

@JonTWCNews

Both Preston Brown and Nickell Robert-Coleman said Jarvis Landry's hit on Aaron Williams was dirty. #Bills

Then step up and do something about it losers.

It was dirty.

loser team does nothing about it. Show some heart and !@#$ somebody up. I'm furious about this one, disgusting lack of heart. Protect your brothers

It was pre-meditated. He ran at least 10 yards at full speed and threw himself into AW's head like a projectile. Scumbag cheap hit. He knew what he did.

AW was the man he was supposed to block on the play. Of course it was pre-meditated. He practiced it all week.

I guess we can flag and fine players for doing film work throughout the week now too.

So, he practiced targeting AW's head?

he practiced blocking a player in whatever player was on the field at that time, during that play. It's not his fault AW doesn't have enough awareness to see a 200+ lb WR running straight at him to block him even though he was in front of him the whole way.

20+ years ago, Steve Tasker made a living off hits like this and people cheered for it. Oh, at least Bills fans did.

Edited by mrags

I missed this part of the game. Landry was called for a PF a little earlier in the game and I got a bunch of texts saying landry got another PF for hitting williams, he's ejected. Then a bunch of confused texts saying they don't know why he's still in.

That's my point above.

he practiced blocking a player in whatever player was on the field at that time, during that play. It's not his fault AW doesn't have enough awareness to see a 200+ lb WR running straight at him to block him even though he was in front of him the whole way.

20+ years ago, Steve Tasker made a living off hits like this and people cheered for it. Oh, at least Bills fans did.

Oh,come on. I'm sure you've watched enough football over the years to know the difference. In this case, I'll side with the Bills players that actually play the game. And I'll also side with the league office that is going to fine the heck out of Landry.

And I'll also side with the league office that is going to fine the heck out of Landry.

wel, my first reply would be, first the league would actually have to fine him. And if they don't, do you feel any differently towards the hit? But then I thought, it's the NFL, they fine just about anybody for anything. Hell, you get fined for not wearing team color sneakers. They probably will fine him. That doesn't mean the hit wasn't a clean hit on a player that is too clueless to realize a guy is blocking him.

Look back a few years ago in hockey. Was the Campbell hit on Umberger legal? Sure was. A guy with a huge hit on a player that couldn't keep his head up. Shame on them both for not paying attention

Edited by mrags

I don't think it was a dirty as everyone is making it out to be. In the moment, he's not thinking about things it is, he's trying to be a football player and dish it out.

You could tell he was visibly shaken by what he did.

I hope Aaron or okay but I'm not hating on the hit.

Why on earth would Landry be shaken if he dished out what he believed was a clean hit?