Do you agree w/Skurski that it's time for McCoy to talk?

Oh, I know the Philly PD is pissed. Too bad though. After over a month under AG review and after 4 months since it happened, and still nothing, I won't assume, I'll say it's dead. At least from a criminal standpoint. Whether the officers proceed with a civil trial is anyone's guess, but they have no evidence to prove that Shady caused their injuries. Because if it did, he'd have been charged well before now.

In a "hot button case", review can take longer than a month. If your argument is, were there clear evidence of malfeasance or failure to prosecute a clear winnable case on the part of the DA, the AG would have moved by now, I agree. But from the viewpoint of exposure to legal risk, you can say it's dead all you like, but the correct decision for Shady is still to STFU about it. 'Cuz the fat lady ain't warbled and it's not dead yet.

In a "hot button case", review can take longer than a month. If your argument is, were there clear evidence of malfeasance or failure to prosecute a clear winnable case on the part of the DA, the AG would have moved by now, I agree. But from the viewpoint of exposure to legal risk, you can say it's dead all you like, but the correct decision for Shady is still to STFU about it. 'Cuz the fat lady ain't warbled and it's not dead yet.

Oh definitely. Officially it's not over but for all intents and purposes it is. But he should remain quiet all the way through a civil trial, if there is one.

Or this... "We're on to Cincinnati."

I'm reading this thread and was going to comment on the same. These guys don't owe us any interviews. I'd much rather they, and I mean all of them just shut up, and get ready for the season. Why do I need to hear anything more about a supposed bar fight. Whether he did it or not, he was stupid, and tell me in interviews how camps are going, or anything football related.

McCoy ultimately wasn't charged in that – and isn't expected to face any league discipline – but the team can't be happy that these are the types of headlines McCoy continues to make.

:huh:

It's pretty weak that he hasn't spoken to the media yet, just like it was when he bailed early after the Bills lost to the Eagles last season.

:doh:

It's time for the Bills to at least make McCoy available. It's not like the questions for him will go away with time.

:death:

I don't really get Skurski's point........obviously if McCoy says the wrong thing to the media it could have an impact on his legal case and whether Goodell decides to suspend him.

He hasn't been suspended before but Goodell could consider some of his earlier issues as strikes.......the most eggregious perhaps being the accusation that he beat down a woman on a party bus a few years ago.

That happened before the Ray Rice thing but let's face it, if not for Spygate and the leniency given Brady in that instance........he wouldn't be in the Deflategate mess he is in now........ so Goodell is proving that the past is fair game in the event of a later offense.

He hasn't been suspended before but Goodell could consider some of his earlier issues as strikes.......the most eggregious perhaps being the accusation that he beat down a woman on a party bus a few years ago.

If I recall correctly, the woman in the "party bus" incident sent a text message to a friend stating "LeSean didn't touch me physically". But yeah, we agree about Sikurski's non-point. McCoy should obviously follow his lawyer's advice, "no comment" the bar or any other incident to reporters, and stick to talking about football.

Skurski asserts that the Bills should have already made McCoy available to the media by now so he can address the bar brawl, and apologize. He is critical of the fact that McCoy has said nothing thus far. Thoughts?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/04/jay-skurskis-3-bills-thoughts-time-lesean-mccoy-talk/

Pure foolishness. McCoy doesn't owe anyone an explanation. And he's best served keeping his mouth shut and moving on.

It's part of the contract they sign. He will have to at some point.

True, he has to be available to the media for a specified amount of time, but he is not obligated to answer any specific questions or fulfill the desires of a sanctimonious reporter to answer in any specific way nor apologize for an incident that is no one's business.

The press' entitlement mentality is unreasonable and pathetic. McCoy owes no one anything and would be wise to keep his mouth shut and let this thing die a natural death.

/end thread.

There's nothing but downside for him to talk at this point. If his advisers are smart, they'll tell him to stay quiet until any possible litigation action statute of limitations has passed. I don't give a rats ass what the media wants. Most of them are no better than tabloid reporters trying to manufacture stories to sell their rag. Most fans at this point have already moved past it to boot. I could care less.

McCoy ultimately wasn't charged in that – and isn't expected to face any league discipline

Nothing more to say. Who cares what this writer thinks? McCoy doesn't owe anyone any more explanation than what has already been given.

Read that article and thought good lord these media guys are like vultures circling. McCoy doesn't have to say anything. The media is going to blow a bunch of smoke up everyone's arses either way. I say screw 'em.

Oh of course, its part of the whole NFL profit machine.

I just don't agree with it.

to be fair, those profits cycle right into the pie that the nfl players take a percentage of.

theres incentive for everybody with this - its not like the owners are forcing them to do something with no return on it. the nflpa will likewise support growing the pie.

There's nothing but downside for him to talk at this point. If his advisers are smart, they'll tell him to stay quiet until any possible litigation action statute of limitations has passed. I don't give a rats ass what the media wants. Most of them are no better than tabloid reporters trying to manufacture stories to sell their rag. Most fans at this point have already moved past it to boot. I could care less.

i think making him available for a quick Q&A and chat about practice, and him simply saying "i cant talk about that until its resolved, if that is what you are going to ask about i will need to end this session" wouldnt be crazy.

to be fair, those profits cycle right into the pie that the nfl players take a percentage of.

theres incentive for everybody with this - its not like the owners are forcing them to do something with no return on it. the nflpa will likewise support growing the pie.

i think making him available for a quick Q&A and chat about practice, and him simply saying "i cant talk about that until its resolved, if that is what you are going to ask about i will need to end this session" wouldnt be crazy.

should be no problem for McCoy , right ?

Brains don't sell papers.

Pushing McCoy about does though.

His quips about leaving Philly were fun. media poked he answered poorly, media poked some more and Shady had learned little from his handlers.

Just run the damn ball.

The press' entitlement mentality is unreasonable and pathetic. McCoy owes no one anything and would be wise to keep his mouth shut and let this thing die a natural death.

What bothers me most is the expectation of an apology. Good forbid these delta bravos dont get their pound of flesh, suddenly they are moralistic champions of rhe rabble. Won't somebody please think of the children!!!

He's talking now.

@MatthewFairburn

Roger Goodell and LeSean McCoy having a lengthy conversation at Jim Kelly's golf tournament

CkRdD4XWUAABmm-.jpg

Forget the media access. Shady better hit the stair climber to lose that beer gut before the season starts.

Skurski asserts that the Bills should have already made McCoy available to the media by now so he can address the bar brawl, and apologize. He is critical of the fact that McCoy has said nothing thus far. Thoughts?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/04/jay-skurskis-3-bills-thoughts-time-lesean-mccoy-talk/

Any admission of guilt could get him suspended. I'd prefer he not talk to the media about it to be honest.

Shady doesn't owe me or anyone else (especially the idiot who wrote this article) any apology and I don't see how it benefits the Bills to force one of their players to answer a bunch of idiotic questions from a bunch of self-serving hypocrites.

What bothers me most is the expectation of an apology. Good forbid these delta bravos dont get their pound of flesh, suddenly they are moralistic champions of rhe rabble. Won't somebody please think of the children!!!

I agree. Having been in a similar bar scrap or two back in the day, I didn't give an explanation or an apology either. :D

Forget the media access. Shady better hit the stair climber to lose that beer gut before the season starts.

and get back on the fairway

I agree. Having been in a similar bar scrap or two back in the day, I didn't give an explanation or an apology either. :D

Back then we were not on on someones galaxy 500 I phone

As a Bills fan....the quicker this goes away, the better. I'd run with the 'my lawyer advised me not to talk about that matter' line until everyone gave up. Once football starts, it won't matter anymore.

Not saying that's right... but that's the best play for the team.

Amen...