Sammy Watkins has arrived

When Lofton showed up Reed and the Bills offense on the whole got much better. Lofton was near the end of his career, some viewed him as done. Bills need to pick up a vet WR in the off season. Who's going to be available? Maybe Calvin Johnson?

Sammy was great today.

Couldn't agree more.

Problem is, those days of putting in a claim and paying the $100 waiver fee are long gone for waived veterans.

I look for Whaley to target a WR, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

CX05vCAWQAM1-PJ.jpg

This stat suggests Manning is forcing the ball too much to Beckham.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Season stats: 60 catches 1047 yards 9 TDs

That's the crime right there. Felony criminal waste of resources. Less than 4 catches a game. If Sammy had the 90-100 catches he should have, he'd be 1500+ yds, with 14+ TDs. Sentence should be loss of job, but no, they got probation.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Did you just insinuate that Megatron would come to buffalo as a number 2 WR to Sammy?

Man I love this board after wins!

I know, but Johnson's contract is crazy and I get the feeling they are going to blow it up in Detroit. He'll probably end up in New England. Edited by chris heff

What they need is a number 2 that wont screw up that key throw to him while Sammy gets the lions share.

If we want TT to throw the ball more and run less......then we need wideouts that dont drop the ball and fall down in the end zone

So, you're saying Hogan's a goner? I agree.

@salsports

Most impressive about Sammy Watkins' performance today (11 rec/136 yards) was the Jets really had no one else to worry about in passing game

Sammy Watkins - 15 targets

Rest of Bills WR/TE/RB - 13 targets

That is what the Giants do with OBJ, the Falcons do with Julio and the Texans do with Hopkins.... let the other guys have the odd big day as a result of not being covered and a lot of days where they catch 3 to 5 balls for 35-60 yards.

It's infuriating because they should have been doing this the entire season. Intolerable.

Nah, I don't think we need to force it to Sammy all game long if we're healthy. Our running game is damned good, and Clay is a really good TE. And Woods is a good possession guy if coverage is leaning towards Sammy. We're ranked like 10th in the league in offense, even with all of our injuries, I think that says what we have been doing (balance) works well.

We were missing McCoy, Karlos, Percy, Woods, Goodwin, and Clay today. He was basically our only weapon left.

And he still torched the !@#$ out of Revis.

Put another way--- We had hogan, salas, gragg, and gillislee in packages with him at times today? His ability to get open is elite. Edited by NoSaint

Nah, I don't think we need to force it to Sammy all game long if we're healthy. Our running game is damned good, and Clay is a really good TE. And Woods is a good possession guy if coverage is leaning towards Sammy. We're ranked like 10th in the league in offense, even with all of our injuries, I think that says what we have been doing (balance) works well.

Why do you not throw to a guy that is uncoverable? I'm not saying he needs 15 targets but he needs 10. Look at the production! This is the first time we threw screens and slants to him. There were entire halves we didn't throw to him one time. That's unconscionable. He's one of the most talented and best players in the league. You HAVE to use him. It would be different if it were the case of you have to be careful. Or wait til he has single coverage. That has been proven to be untrue. He beats double coverage too. We succeeded on third down a lot today because we threw him the ball on third down. And he was uncoverable.

Why do you not throw to a guy that is uncoverable? I'm not saying he needs 15 targets but he needs 10. Look at the production! This is the first time we threw screens and slants to him. There were entire halves we didn't throw to him one time. That's unconscionable. He's one of the most talented and best players in the league. You HAVE to use him. It would be different if it were the case of you have to be careful. Or wait til he has single coverage. That has been proven to be untrue. He beats double coverage too. We succeeded on third down a lot today because we threw him the ball on third down. And he was uncoverable.

I agree we should target him more at times, but I also think we need to take what the defense gives us as far as matchups. A lot of teams double cover Sammy, which gives us other opportunities. Today the Jets appeared to stick with single covering him with Revis, and they got burned :)

Where was that all year???? Short passes, over the middle, yac, easy throws and catches, timing patterns and yes 15 targets!!!! All against one of the best defenders in the league.....

Hope this is a sign of things to come......

Where are all those OBJ fans from the last two years claiming that Watkins wasn't worthy to carry his jockstrap????

If the Jets can get a guy like Brandon Marshall for a fifth round pick, there's gotta be something Whaley can do to get Watkins a little more help. Either way, happy to see that Watkins has already helped this team to two non-losing seasons in spite of battling nagging injuries.

Fifth round pick and a lot of cap space.

If the Jets can get a guy like Brandon Marshall for a fifth round pick, there's gotta be something Whaley can do to get Watkins a little more help. Either way, happy to see that Watkins has already helped this team to two non-losing seasons in spite of battling nagging injuries.

Everyone seems to miss the point. We don't have a complex passing game and Taylor rarely goes to a 2nd read. It is a one or two read look and then Taylor runs.

Take a look at the receiving numbers of guys in SF under Roman. Investing a ton in a 2nd wr when we have good players already is a wAste of money.

Everyone seems to miss the point. We don't have a complex passing game and Taylor rarely goes to a 2nd read. It is a one or two read look and then Taylor runs.

Take a look at the receiving numbers of guys in SF under Roman. Investing a ton in a 2nd wr when we have good players already is a wAste of money.

I'm not saying get a guy of Marshall's caliber, just a better compliment. I agree there won't be enough balls to go around in Romans offense to justify paying someone of Marshalls caliber as Sammys compliment.

Agreed here. I think if we can replace Harvin/Goodwin with a fast guy that has a bit more size/durability, we'll be in good shape. Doesn't need to be any sort of probowler. Just someone that can create a mismatch at times, another piece to the puzzle.

I'm not saying get a guy of Marshall's caliber, just a better compliment. I agree there won't be enough balls to go around in Romans offense to justify paying someone of Marshalls caliber as Sammys compliment.

Woods and Clay (McCoy to a lesser extent) are the perfect compliments to Sammy. But when you're a team that struggles to get to 200 yards passing, there aren't enough touches for everyone.

That said, I also guarantee Woods won't re-sign here so we should draft a guy later in the draft. There are always a ton of Wrs.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 6s6 seconds ago

Darrelle Revis showed no accountability after his terrible performance today. Real Jets team leaders spoke. Revis did not. #nyj

Reporters get so butthurt when players don't talk to them.

That said, Revis is a hired gun and definitely isn't the player he once was. He got burned more this year than the rest of his career combined.

Agreed, but he was hurt, his OLine couldn't block and his QB couldn't throw. But he IS a stud.

True and the injuries have been the most frustrating part. But it's hilarious that in college he was a beast on screens and we never threw them to him as a rookie.

He is a top 5 if he gets feed the ball like he did today. This is why Whaley made that trade. He is a difference making.

I think the one thing I noticed today, that they have not done a lot this year, is they had Sammy lined up all over the place. Back field, slot, outside, lots of motions. I think Roman was out having fun today and experimenting quite a bit, and I do believe this offense will benefit greatly next year if Roman isn't hired away.

We need to get him some help........I dont care if its a pass catching TE to go along with Clay or a legit big body number 2

Watkins biggest obstacle is Greg Roman.

He has a brutal record coordinating a passing offense. It's true. Look up his record. Pathetic.