Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team

YoloinOhio

Have you experienced a championship as a fan?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which sport?

• NBA
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • College Football
    • College Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other
    • N/A, I am still waiting

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NY Rangers in 94 (yes I know)

NY Yankees

I live a bout a mile from the staples center in LA; I could care less about any of the teams here...

excited for the Chargers to come to town?!

Blue Jays-92/93

Duke Basketball-91,92,01,10,15 (Yes, I accept that I will be boo'd for being a Duke fan, but I come by it honestly)

you can probably go ahead and add 2016 to that, Dukie Edited by YoloinOhio

excited for the Chargers to come to town?!

Meh..only when the Bills have to travel!

I did grow up a "Showtime" fan. Loved Magic, but not into basketball at all anymore.

I will say this the Yanks winning the World Series in '96 was great as well as the Rangers in '94 after big time gaps. Neither will hold a candle to the Bills first superbowl victory...

provided we are all still around when that happens :bag:

I think the Mets can do it this year.... Still I have my doubts. They are similar to the Bills in disappointment.

I hope so, but the NL is going to be stacked this year. Sure hope they didn't miss their chance this year when they were on such a roll.

life long lakers fan

Winning a championship is unreal.....winning multiple championships is super unreal

it is unreal. I hope everyone gets to experience it once in their lives. Our poor fan base is just miserable right now - just hoping some have had the feeling of winning it all with another team. i always hold out hope for the Bills but every year it gets harder!

Hershey Bears AHL Hockey. Not a major league team but it was the best feeling especially winning it at home. Just felt like I could tick something off the bucket list. I really can't even imagine if when the Bills get to the Superbowl again. Let's do this!!

Bills are the only team I follow. I'm a "Yankees fan" but they play 400 miles away and I don't follow them day in and day out like the Bills. It's different when it's your city. But even a Sabres championship won't do it for me. Nobody cares about hockey. It's like the 10th most popular sport behind Nascar and men's tennis so not interested. It's the Bills or bust for me!

The New Zealand All Blacks are the two-time defending world cup champions. (RWC 2011 and 2015)

Apart from them, there's been nothing by suffering

Go you mighty All Blacks!

Edited by Bad Things

I'm a 1982 graduate of NC State. Was in Chapel Hill, NC in '82 when Carolina won the NCAA which was cool to experience and then fortunate enough to be back at State the night they beat Houston in '83! It was awesome and I'll never forget it. I am pretty certain, being born and raised in WNY, that's why God won't let me live to see the Bills win a SB. I was at RDU airport with thousands of other fans when the team got back. Wasn't able to stay for the ceremony back on campus later that week.

Bills fans only. Have you been to the mountaintop as a fan of another team? Or still waiting?

St Louis is a baseball town. I moved to St Louis in 1982. The people in the next apartment named their kitten "Andujar". I got the flick. Live in St Louis, love the Baseball Cardinals. So I became a baseball fan, having no home-town allegiance to lose.

It is possible, possible, I shame to admit it, that I might have converted and become a Rams fan during the "Greatest Show on Turf" years, but I was so pissed off at the way local sports writers covered the Bills during the 4 year Superbowl run and so disgusted at the way they drooled over the Rams as a "dynasty" and "unstoppable, maybe for a decade", that I just couldn't jump. I admit it, I laughed when NE beat them in 2002.

Green Bay is my NFC team.

Just the Jays 92-93 for me as a fan.

As an athlete and coach, my teams have won quite a few times where we got to celebrate a ton. Even when we finished 4th in the nation for track at the D3 level, I celebrated with teammates.

That said, I'll have my ebb and flow coaching, but I'd be the guy streaking downtown if the Sabres win the cup de Lord Stanley, if the Bills were to win the Lombardi, I'd travel to North London to celebrate an EPL or champions league win if Tottenham were to manage that. I would love to enjoy a winning team as a fan in my adulthood some point soon.

Born and bred on Long Island.

Mets '86 and vague memories of '69.

Islanders Stanley Cup run.

My boys are growing up Bills/Mets/Islanders fans. Sometimes I wonder if this is a form of child abuse. Mets had an unexpected run this year and things are looking up for the Islanders. Really expected more from the Bills this year.

These long droughts are torture but I'll never turn my back on my teams unless they leave town.

Go Bills!

Jays 92/93 but it would pale in comparison to the Bills winning. I was able to see 4 or 5 Jays games a year but the Bills have had me with seasons for 13 years. There's a bigger chunk of me sitting in Buffalo waiting for glory.

91% yes? !@#$ all of you then. Yankees??? Are you from the Bronx?

If you grew up in WNY, which apparently only 9% of this board did, until the Bills or Sabres win it all, nothing else matters.

When I saw this thread, I thought it would be boring. Now that I read it, I realize what a bunch of jokers are on this board.

Edited by stevestojan