"Vicious" hit on Brady???

PromoTheRobot

The New England media has elevated ginning up fake outrage to an art. Better avert your eyes and don't let your kids see the horror of this vicious hit on Brady. :doh:

http://nesn.com/2015/11/patriots-qb-tom-brady-viciously-hit-after-whistle-for-no-apparent-reason-video/?fb_comment_id=fbc_908839662539253_909064079183478_909064079183478#f3bea65b04

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Love it!

I liked two others:

1) The Graham dive at the knees that totally wiped him out

2) The smack Brady took right to the chest that sent him tumbling backwards and upside down and had him grabbing his helmet on the ground

Denver is going to destroy NE* on SNF, which is going to be awesome.

So we will get our time to celebrate their ass-whipping in prime time (just like last season vs the Chiefs) but I totally expect them to return the favor to Denver in the playoffs once they get some of their dinky obnoxious WR back

I'm glad you brought this up, it was another thing that bugged me last night - all the talk about all the 'vicous' hits on Brady, it was great that we were getting to him, but half the time someone would lightly shove him and he would go diving like someone shot him out of a cannon (then go crying to the ref like a little girl). Such a little p u s s y

not illegal - the rule book kind of states that he can be defenseless, but it mostly says you cant hit him in the head or the knees. So similar to roughing the passer rules.

It is illegal. You can't headhunt players who are away from the play after a turnover. It should have been a penalty.

I loved each and every time we made contact and sent him flying.

My only beef is that we did it to him all night and he didnt get banged up, but the first time one of the Pats pushes Tyrod and he stumbles back, he somehow manages to badly injure his shoulder. WTF?!?

I'm not sure but I think he hurt his shoulder on the play the Patsie threw him down after he was already OB.

The hit Brown gave him on the interception return was not a hard hit, in fact, Brady embellished the hit with his own "Fosbury Flop".

This is a "vicious" hit on Brady...NOT what happened yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaE31VgXjU&feature=youtu.be

This was awesome - can't do that anymore - a penalty for sure nowadays.

Why it's a block after the interception? I saw their whole team throw those exact blocks on amendolas big punt return vs the Giants...

They added this rule recently (within the past 10 years) because Offensive players were getting blind-sided away from the play, when they didnt even realize there was an INT.

The announcers last night DID point out though that Brady took a couple of shuffles towards the play, and it was probably enough for the no-call. But it was borderline.

It all started here:

Edited by DrDareustein

They added this rule recently (within the past 10 years) because Offensive players were getting blind-sided away from the play, when they didnt even realize there was an INT.

The announcers last night DID point out though that Brady took a couple of shuffles towards the play, and it was probably enough for the no-call. But it was borderline.

It all started here:

It seems to be within the rules to me... Brady was within 5 yards of the ball carrier, saw the pick, and looked like he was turning to take a pursuit angle. (In actualltity I think he was starting a trot to his helmet Warmer but eh... Who cares.

Hardly vicious, but absolutely should have been called as was noted by the talking heads last night. Yet more bad officiating in that game.

Nope. After an interception, the QB becomes a potential tackler, so can be blocked or hit within the bounds of the rules. Even if he's nowhere near the play.

How about Brady ripping into his teammates on a constant basis. Wonder how these guys feel about that? Gotta think it's embarrassing to them and perhaps a bit unprofessional on the sidelines. I guess it's a good thing they don't have IK on their team or Brady would have a broken jaw.

The New England media has elevated ginning up fake outrage to an art. Better avert your eyes and don't let your kids see the horror of this vicious hit on Brady. :doh:

http://nesn.com/2015/11/patriots-qb-tom-brady-viciously-hit-after-whistle-for-no-apparent-reason-video/?fb_comment_id=fbc_908839662539253_909064079183478_909064079183478#f3bea65b04

a vicious hit would have broken the little pussies leg, arm or given him a concussion,. It was a simple push and he is better at faking than hockey players thing a dive. I m so tired of this prima Dona cheating B word it isn't funny

Nope. After an interception, the QB becomes a potential tackler, so can be blocked or hit within the bounds of the rules. Even if he's nowhere near the play.

Need a new rule, Brady rule: when the QB is sitting on his knees with his head between his legs he may be considered non-involved and may not be touched unless he stands up or makes other football effort such as attempting to trip a player on that play.

As much as I dislike Brady for dismantling the Bills for over a decade, that was a cheap shot.

of course it was!

and legal too.

conundrum?

Not a huge fan of Bradham, but pay the man. thats was heads up cheap shot

Need a new rule, Brady rule: when the QB is sitting on his knees with his head between his legs he may be considered non-involved and may not be touched unless he stands up or makes other football effort such as attempting to trip a player on that play.

LOL!! folks forget what a dick this guy has been

I noticed that too. Can you imagine a co-worker spitting and swearing in your face like a maniac?

When he starts freaking out is when we have a chance. Bills got in his pointy little head. thats a good thing!!

^ love this. Looked for the clip when someone (can't remember who it was) knocked Marcia out cold and he fumbled yet was granted possession of the ball as he lay unconscious with his leg touching the sideline. Definitely during the Gregg Williams era.

^ love this. Looked for the clip when someone (can't remember who it was) knocked Marcia out cold and he fumbled yet was granted possession of the ball as he lay unconscious with his leg touching the sideline. Definitely during the Gregg Williams era.

found it. Was David Patten, not Marcia.

It's called blocking on an interception return. Welcome to football, Boston. If Tom doesn't want to be a real football player and play to the whistle after the throws a pick, he should turn and run away or just fall on the ground and go into the fetal position.