Fire Doug Whaley signs

Rockee96

I am 34 and have been a Bills fan for 24 years. I live in California and have flown across the country to 3 Bills home games only to see them lose all of it. I've been through all the joys and tribulations since 1990.

The Jaguars game was the most disheartening game I have seen in 24 years.

The root cause of this game and this season has been DOUG WHALEY. He needs to go. He does not care about the team nor the fans. He is selfish and only cares about his ego. Don't we deserve much better as loyal fans?

I petition that during our next home game, we fans create "Fire Doug Whaley" signs and wave them in the stadium for the Pegulas to see.

I rarely post message like this, but I felt a strong conviction to do so, and I hope you as fans can relate.

LETS CREATE "FIRE DOUG WHALEY" SIGNS DURING OUR NEXT HOME GAME.

Thoughts?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 34 and have been a Bills fan for 24 years. I live in California and have flown across the country to 3 Bills home games only to see them lose all of it. I've been through all the joys and tribulations since 1990.

The root cause of this game and this season has been DOUG WHALEY. He needs to go. He does not care about the team nor the fans. He is selfish and only cares about his ego. Don't we deserve much better as loyal fans?

I petition that during our next home game, we fans create "Fire Doug Whaley" signs and wave them in the stadium for the Pegulas to see.

I rarely post message like this, but I felt a strong conviction to do so, and I hope you as fans can relate.

Thoughts?

No. Just no.

While not perfect or elite - we are drafting, trading, and paying players better these past few years than we have the 10-15 years prior. I think this is mostly due to Whaley.

I think our problems this year are coaching related, not the gm. We have a talented roster, that is because of Whaley.

Signs saying to fire him wouldn't fix the way this team is playing.

Thoughts?

While I feel your pain, Its not just about the GM this year! So many factors are involved but the buck stops at the GM for the talent on the field, and stops at the coaches at what they do with that talent.

So, who hired this HC? The people in the room were the CEO, the GM, and the new owners Terry & Kim Pegula, and the owners made the hire. We recently found out from Leroi that the CEO Russ Brandon has been involved in the draft process, and probably persuaded the new owners that they would know who they wanted as their HC after they spoke with the prospects for the HCing job.

More then firing the GM this franchise needs that football czar that Pegula first wanted to hire in Bill Polian, and when Polian backed out they didn't pursue anyone else for that czar job. Even the NFL wanted the new owners to hire an NFL experienced knowledgeable adviser for the team.

The 4-12 Jets from last year are now 4-2, and their owner Woody Johnson hired two long time experienced NFL men to hire their new GM, HC for them. Woody chose Ron Wolf & Charley Casserly.

You can read about it here, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-consultants-casserly-wolf-long-experience-article-1.2064641

While I feel your pain, Its not just about the GM this year! So many factors are involved but the buck stops at the GM for the talent on the field, and stops at the coaches at what they do with that talent.

So, who hired this HC? The people in the room were the CEO, the GM, and the new owners Terry & Kim Pegula, and the owners made the hire. We recently found out from Leroi that the CEO Russ Brandon has been involved in the draft process, and probably persuaded the new owners that they would know who they wanted as their HC after they spoke with the prospects for the HCing job.

More then firing the GM this franchise needs that football czar that Pegula first wanted to hire in Bill Polian, and when Polian backed out they didn't pursue anyone else for that czar job. Even the NFL wanted the new owners to hire an NFL experienced knowledgeable adviser for the team.

The 4-12 Jets from last year are now 4-2, and their owner Woody Johnson hired two long time experienced NFL men to hire their new GM, HC for them. Woody chose Ron Wolf & Charley Casserly.

You can read about it here, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-consultants-casserly-wolf-long-experience-article-1.2064641

thanks for your feedback - I feel a little better now...hopefully Pegula will hire a solid football "czar" this offseason to really turn this ship.

Thoughts?

Personal opinion I have been a fan since about 1968 & you sir are way off & dead wrong !! Whaley is one of the best things to happen to the Bills in a long time !

He's brought more talent to this team than it has seen since the 90's & before the past 2 years he was hamstrung by Russ Brandon & Buddy Nix .

He has been a leader in bringing the excitement back to the Buffalo Bills & your post shows how much of a rookie you still are when it comes to Bills football !!

If the injury bug hadn't hit as hard as it has this year you would be the guy holding the banner at every game & the one partying so much because of the way the team would be playing at full strength you would be the guy every one would be passing on the way to their cars in the parking lot of the Ralph puking your guts out for over indulging in Bills fandom .

So before you go saying one of the best thing GM's to come along in a long time needs to go at least let the team get back to full health & full strength before you cut the guy lose.

Oh & while your at it let the guys learn the schemes & throw away your Doug Marrone posters !!

Go Bills !!

How exactly does Whaley not care about the team, please provide some examples of this?

Did Whaley ruin the defense?

This team has plenty of talent which is a direct result of the job Whaley has done.

Edited by Max997

The problem here is Rex Ryan. He came in and changed the scheme for the best d in the league, he is very cocky, and just not a very good head coach. He is one hell of a D coordinator, but his head coaching skills are just weak. Who comes off a beat down by one of the worst teams in the league and gives the players a week off? Rex Fing Ryan. Who continues to get out coached week in and week out? Yup Rex Ryan. The only bully on this team is the secondary and I'm not convinced Whaley didnt just get lucky on Darby and it makes it look like Ryan's d is helping him. Rex Ryan is terrible. Fire him if you are going to get rid of anyone. Go out and hire Schwartz or a Special Teams coach like Bobby April to be head coach. Then you have to hire a O and D coordinator. If the Bills lose against the Dolphins, I don't know how Ryan doesn't quit and sell his truck. He will have lost face to Western NY.

Thoughts?

Come on man!

Too much season left in a wide open AFC for this kind of sentiment. Go Bills!

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

How exactly does Whaley not care about the team, please provide some examples of this?

Did Whaley ruin the defense?

This team has plenty of talent which is a direct result of the job Whaley has done.

I think the majority of the Fire Whaley club believe that because of his ego, Whaley couldn't let EJ go which resulted directly in a loss to the Jaguars. I am not convinced that Cassel would've done better, but I do believe the short passes Cassel makes might have done just fine against the Jaguars, but Tyrod being injured against a team that masks Cassel's flaws isn't something I expect Whaley to predict. There may also be some theories on missed opportunities since we had Manuel. I don't know of any specifically though.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'll fly a sign. I agree 100%. Every time he opens his mouth it's delusional. He was propping up TJ Graham for 2 years. Took credit for EJ. Gloated that his only problem was being "too perfect." Insisted we were in "win now" mode. Whiffed on the QB. Over drafted his WR. Overpaid his RB. Cut all the value players with leadership roles. This is not the formula for success.

I think the majority of the Fire Whaley club believe that because of his ego, Whaley couldn't let EJ go which resulted directly in a loss to the Jaguars. I am not convinced that Cassel would've done better, but I do believe the short passes Cassel makes might have done just fine against the Jaguars, but Tyrod being injured against a team that masks Cassel's flaws isn't something I expect Whaley to predict. There may also be some theories on missed opportunities since we had Manuel. I don't know of any specifically though.

My take on the fire Whaley brigade is a bit more then just Cassel. Who BTW threw three picks on the Cowboys behind one of the leagues best O lines, and with a strong run game. Cassel's arm is shot for the deep ball, and when he threw it deep it was a lame duck in the air. We all saw what happens when you have a QB that can't throw deep, as they just stack the box move the defense up to shut down the short passes.

Whaley actually made the right choice with EJ over Cassel IMO simply because EJ is still young, and developing. EJ didn't do anything against the Jags that Geno Smith didn't do in almost every game last year, and the Jets are keeping him. EJ has the arm, and physical tools. He just needs to work more on the mental aspect of the game, and get more playing experience. Some guys just take longer to develop.

Back to Whaley. It might just be that a lot of fans think the offensive line could be a lot better, as so should the run game. Three off seasons now, and the team still hasn't built a decent line. The WR corps all seem to be made of glass, Harvin out, Sammy out, Goodwin on IR. Spent 6 million on a RB and half his blockers stink. Two first round picks on a fragile WR when the team still didn't have that known franchise QB. Dumping Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson. Bringing in WR Mike Williams, and a 4th rounder for Bryce Brown who is now a Seahawk.

Doug Whaley has his warts for sure, and isn't perfect. Yet he was a rookie GM when he took the job, and you gotta expect a learning curve. JMO

I'm a fan of Whaley. He missed on EJ, but he has put together a talented roster. I'm afraid the problem may be the coach. I had mixed feelings about the initial hiring of Rex. But I soon bought into the hype and his brash persona. But now I see this Bills team looking like a Jets team of the past few years, playing sloppy, undisciplined football. I know the injuries have played a factor, but the team continues to lay eggs in big games and not beat teams they should. It appears Jace Amaro's off season quote about Rex not holding players accountable holds some water. I like Rex, but he may not be the right guy for the job. Not like this is breaking news or anything.

Whaley is not the problem. Say what you will, but this is the most talented roster we've had in years because of the moves he's made. It's certainly not his fault regarding injuries and not a single GM in the league hits on every player, but Whaley has way more hits than misses. I'm holding out hope Rex can figure things out but I have serious doubts.

Fire Whaley, after 7 games into the year!?!? That's just crazy talk.

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

And some of his other bad moves include bringing in McCoy, Clay, Taylor, Darby, Graham, Brown, Incognito, and Schmidt.

And some of his other bad moves include bringing in McCoy, Clay, Taylor, Darby, Graham, Brown, Incognito, and Schmidt.

Along with Williams and Miller.

Who comes off a beat down by one of the worst teams in the league and gives the players a week off? Rex Fing Ryan.

Don't let facts confuse your rant - they flew back from overseas and by NFLPA rules they need to have 4 days off in a row including Saturday. You want players to have practice after having Jet Lag? Violate NFL rules? Come on genius tell us your Krazy plan!

Thoughts?

Fire Whaley because the previous GM and regime handcuffed him into drafting a qb in the worst qb draft class in decades?

Fire Waley because Sammy Watkins has been injured for a couple games?

Fire Whaley because EJ gave Jax 21 points in 2 minutes last week?

Yes all these are clearly Whaleys fault....

Whaley is not the problem. Ownership hired a coach that doesn't fit the personal that he has brought in the past few years. You're reading the wrong hysterical articles my friend.

Edited by Jobot

Thoughts?

i like it. but then again i put forth the idea of 70000 mr burns masks. he wants the bills to win. i just don't think he;s top tier talent.

For a little perspective, this 'group' of fans can be found with every team. The OP has 'buddies' in B-more screaming for Ozzie's head too. That's what comes with more L's than W's, regardless of legit reasons or Cap-induced rebuilding. For every Miss, Whaley can show 2+ Hits in trades and Draft picks. He's the best GM since Butler/Polian, but yes, Fire him because we're 3-4.

:wallbash:

Thoughts?

Care to offer some proof of this?

Gotta love the idiocy of fans that scream for the head of the best GM they've had in the last 15 years. I guess we've forgotten the Donahoe/Levy/Nix charades and the decade plus of horrible draft picks.

But by all means, let's keep the revolving door spinning.

Edited by KD in CT

coaching is the problem right now. This was pegulas choice not whaleys. He has made great trades, and drafted very well for us.

I feel over any period of time a GM will make good trades/draft picks. What Whaley will be remembered most for is he is the Guy who drafted EJ, and made the Watkins trade.

I know he had done good things (Hughes,Darby.....etc) but those are 2 big picks he made