Fire Doug Whaley signs

Rockee96

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

I must give you credit.

Many posters who post something that gets a negative reaction do not return to their thread to defend their point and respond to other posters.

I always respect someone who defends their post even if it seems like a bad idea.

Good for you my friend

CBF

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire the best GM we've had since John Butler left? Sure. We'll get right on it. Have any suggestions for who can replace him?

It's not like the level of GM's Buffalo's had since Butler has been stellar. But we've come full circle. Donahoe was more about proving himself after Pittsburgh bounced him. Marv and Brandon had no business in the job. Nix was a scout masquerading as a GM and never developed a plan.

Either way, Whaley is the nominal architect of the team, but he wasn't hired by the Pegulas. I've heard nothing that the Pegulas are trying to extend him either.

But I'd wager that if Whaley was DFA'd, the Pegulas would have someone help them find a suitable replacement.

EDIT: OP...not sure signs are in order. But agree the head football guy should be held accountable regardless of injuries, and at this point, the HC's decisions. Forcing a QB like EJ the staff didn't want is not a solid decision.

Edited by BillsVet

I'd be more for a gofund me to get money for rex to remove his tattoo. Of course he can pay for his own removal and we'd just donate the money to charity. But he has to earn the colors and he can get the tattoo later on if he ends up with multiple playoffs runs and a ring. until then get it off

Like many already stated - I think the talent is fine. Vastly improved too. I'm afraid to say the coaches are failing to put these guys in a position to win. With QB's still learning, we need to lean on the Defense and it is failing to win at critical junctures of the game. Overall the defense has been avg. It should be stellar. It should hold opponents to less than 17 points. It needs to pressure QB's into turnovers. Yes EJ gets credit for 21 against, but we were ahead with 5 minutes to go and the defense let a rookie walk down the field - it looked like we were in the old "prevent defense" - no real pressure, bend but don't break - a real tried & true way to lose a game.

I liked the hiring of Rex. I felt he felt he had a lot to prove - a real chip on his shoulder. But so far I am not impressed. He looks stubborn and hell bent on proving to someone he's RIGHT! What he doesn't seem to get is that no matter what he does, if the Bills start winning, he'll get all the credit anyway! Turn the front four loose, blitz like hell, don't let any of the QB's breathe. Let the DB's play man and jam the receivers at the line so if the opposing offensive strategy is the quick-pass to offset the rush, it won't work consistently as timing will be thrown off. (But what do I know, I'm just a fan who thinks with his heart as much as his head.)

I'm very against having an overseer such as Polian watching over the operation and consulting with the owners. The best approach is having a GM who is empowered and then holding him accountable. Where bringing in outside consultants would have been appropriate would have been during the search for a HC. This approach would have been even more useful because the owners were new to the pro game. Getting outside feedback and expanding the circle of serious candidates and focusing on the unique skills associated with that challenging position.

While a glib and engaging Rex could have seduced the new owners in an interview he wouldn't have impressed some experienced pro consultants who were aware of the shambles the Jets were in when he was fired.

If it is true that Brandon told the Pegulas that they would recognize who would be the right candidate after they interviewed the prospects, then he gave them horrible advice. Bruce Ariens is an immensely better HC than Rex is. Odds are in an interview Rex would outshine the more substantive but less ebullient personality.

Whaley has put together a hell of a team. There's only 5-10 good QBs in the league, everyone else is mediocre to bad.

If he was the main guy on the Rex hire, and we continue to disappoint in coaching, then maybe I look at Whaley, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pegula was the big decider there.

- Thanks for your long dedication to the team its been meager times for sure- I have been one since I was 5 , am 44 now and we have had seasons since incubation

- On to your point this is NOT Doug Whaleys fault. He has built a very strong team and didnt hire Rex. Sure some say he was in on the process but the Pegulas had a love fest for Rex. He also didnt draft EJ or Spiller--look to Buddy for that. We were all set to hire Hue Jackson which was the right HC hire or we should of kept Schwartz.

- I wont knock anyones opinion I just dont agree with yours. Rex has been an epic fail ever since hes been a HC. Look to his overall record, handling of QB's, meltdowns, and losses after bye weeks.

I am 34 and have been a Bills fan for 24 years. I live in California and have flown across the country to 3 Bills home games only to see them lose all of it. I've been through all the joys and tribulations since 1990.

The Jaguars game was the most disheartening game I have seen in 24 years.

The root cause of this game and this season has been DOUG WHALEY. He needs to go. He does not care about the team nor the fans. He is selfish and only cares about his ego. Don't we deserve much better as loyal fans?

I petition that during our next home game, we fans create "Fire Doug Whaley" signs and wave them in the stadium for the Pegulas to see.

I rarely post message like this, but I felt a strong conviction to do so, and I hope you as fans can relate.

LETS CREATE "FIRE DOUG WHALEY" SIGNS DURING OUR NEXT HOME GAME.

Thoughts?

Take a vacation, or a seditive.

We are literally doomed as a fan base because there is not a single player, coach or GM perfect enough to satisfy us. The second anything goes wrong we want everyone gone and start over.

But remember, we have the best fans in the NFL and deserve a championship.

We are literally doomed as a fan base because there is not a single player, coach or GM perfect enough to satisfy us. The second anything goes wrong we want everyone gone and start over.

Totes McGotes.

But remember, we have the best fans in the NFL and deserve a championship.

We actually manage to have both the die-hard best and the mouth-breathing pitchfork-carrying worst.

you're joking. we remain fans of a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in forever and that had arguably the worst owner in professional sports and we're difficult to satisfy? wrong.

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

just remember that some of the folks you are arguing with think it's ok for a smartass 22 yo moron to insult people based on class and occupation.

Edited by birdog1960

you're joking. we remain fans of a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in forever and that had arguably the worst owner in professional sports and were difficult to satisfy? wrong.

just remember that some of the folks you are arguing with think it's ok for a smartass 22 yo moron to insult people based on class and occupation.

You should start a petition to have Sammy removed from the league. It's pretty funny how outraged you are over instagram. I know some teenage girls who get worked up over Instagram.

pegula tried to hire polian.

whaley is already on notice.

if bills make playoffs, he stays.

if bills miss playoffs, which is likely, expect whaley to be replaced.

I don't see Whaley being replaced if we miss the playoffs. He's brought us further than any recent GM we've had. I think he gets another year or two regardless of the playoffs or not this year.

I am 34 and have been a Bills fan for 24 years. I live in California and have flown across the country to 3 Bills home games only to see them lose all of it. I've been through all the joys and tribulations since 1990.

The Jaguars game was the most disheartening game I have seen in 24 years.

The root cause of this game and this season has been DOUG WHALEY. He needs to go. He does not care about the team nor the fans. He is selfish and only cares about his ego. Don't we deserve much better as loyal fans?

I petition that during our next home game, we fans create "Fire Doug Whaley" signs and wave them in the stadium for the Pegulas to see.

I rarely post message like this, but I felt a strong conviction to do so, and I hope you as fans can relate.

LETS CREATE "FIRE DOUG WHALEY" SIGNS DURING OUR NEXT HOME GAME.

Thoughts?

I'm 56, grew up in Cheektowaga, and have been a Bills fan as long as I can remember. So I really understand your frustration.

But I don't get why you think you know Doug Whaley's interior motivations when you live thousands of miles from him. I doubt the two of you hang out together a lot.

How do you know he's "selfish and only cares about his ego?"

As a fan, you have a right to judge his results. But to judge a man's heart and character based on a few newspaper articles is lame. I'm not sure why you have to go the route of personal attack.